52 Week Money Challenge vol. 2014.... Week 24 - 6/9

I'm just doing this for vacation money at the end of the year. I was struggling saving, not knowing where all my money was going. All my bills are scattered throughout the month (rent the 1st, cell and cable around the 10th, insurance the 15th, etc.) This year I've been successful paying my rent the 1st and all the rest of my bills the second week. That way, I'm leaving out about 500 in my checking acct for food and expenses and throwing my third and fourth week's pay into my savings. My savings acct has been increasing ever since.

I'm doing it for the same reason, I'm planning on taking a trip out to Cali (from Brooklyn) at the end of they year for about a week and having that 1400 or so extra will be nice.

Keep forgetting about this thread :smh:, luckily we're not too far into the year. Week 8 has been deposited :pimp:.

Last edited:
I put in week 8 today. Funds might be tight towards the end of the week. Had to get this out of the way.

will double up the deposits next week im still here
pimp.gif

Due to the federal regulation for online transfers I am now doubling my double, doing transfers every 2 weeks. Stupid rule...

Ill be making my two deposits Tomorrow. One in the bank plus 20.00 and just 8 for the one at home

I usually just take $50-$100 out of each check everyweek. I also do overtime which allows me to take out even more money.

Due to the federal regulation for online transfers I am now doubling my double, doing transfers every 2 weeks. Stupid rule...
:nerd: what is the rule????

I think you're not allowed to transfer more than 6 times from SAVINGS to CHECKING. I've gotten a few letters about that.
That's why i ******* hate banks
How they gonna tell u what u can't do with ur own money
Like what's the point of not letting someone transfer their own money

:nerd: what is the rule????

I think you're not allowed to transfer more than 6 times from SAVINGS to CHECKING. I've gotten a few letters about that.
That's why i ******* hate banks
How they gonna tell u what u can't do with ur own money
Like what's the point of not letting someone transfer their own money

I made a thread about it last year I think. It's actually a federal regulation, which is still stupid imo. We can transfer as much as we want from Checking to Savings but not the other way around.

Yea that's why I transfer a few weeks at a time. I just did $27 to take care of the next 3 weeks. Hitting double figure deposits now fellas :smokin

In an effort to emphasize on saving and investing in 2014 over spending, I've been doing this... in $5 increments weekly.

If you can afford to do so, or even think you can, I'd suggest it. I'm pretty pleased where I am at Week 8, in comparison to the $1, $2, $3... method.

Not a humble brag or anything, just another variation.

played poker last night and i didnt have time to go to the bank so i just took the money i've saved. i ended up winning the pot so, im putting that money back and then some. :smokin

Back
Top Bottom