ZOOM SPIRIDONS SUMMER 2016

They retroed around 2010 in at least 3 og colorcolorways, and they didn't do so well. Granted, Nike jacked the metallic swoosh up, but they were retroed fairly recently.

Peace,
J

You sure that you're not thinking of the Zoom Dons, J? The last retro I recall of the Spiridons was 2005. I'd welcome a retro of the OGs with a proper metallic swoosh.

View media item 1003208

Last edited:
Patiently waiting for another proper retro. Such a sleeper shoe.

I need some Talarias, too.

Yup. They retried the actual Spiridons around the same time. Weird fabric swoosh.

Peace,
J

Wow, didn't know that. Never saw them or heard anything about it. Do you happen to know what kind of release that was?

Last edited:
I've been waiting forever. Auto cop 2 pairs of black/red/silver and black/blue/silver. One of the most underrated shoes imo

How sure is dude above about the 2010 retro? I don't remember that at all. If that were the case, it seems like there would be some stray pairs around, but they are bone dry.

How sure is dude above about the 2010 retro? I don't remember that at all. If that were the case, it seems like there would be some stray pairs around, but they are bone dry.

Exactly what I was thinking and I don't remember a 2010 retro at all

I could be totally wrong. Almost positive my bro had them at his store (which Didn't open til 08). If I am, apologies in advance.

Peace,
J

All I remember is the high top's for basketball purposes and the Air Force one inspired pair not a proper retro tho

I plead that they make them again, identical to the '05s, and not go cheap.

The units in the bottom of the soles made these one of the most comfortable shoes ever.

Wife got me these and the Cork Barkley 180s from Ubiq Summer of '05 in Philly.

Both were 49.99 on clearance. I miss those days.

View media item 1005910

Last edited:
^
Eoh sighting, good to see you around fam.

You sure that you're not thinking of the Zoom Dons, J? The last retro I recall of the Spiridons was 2005. I'd welcome a retro of the OGs with a proper metallic swoosh.

View media item 1003208

Zoom Dons were highly underrated. Completely destroyed a pair balling outdoors all summer...got them from Eastbay For like $29.99 too :nthat:

Last edited:
Sorry, but the basketball version of the Spiridon looks like straight up garbage. It's like they tried to fuse a high-top Spiridon with the 6-rings sole... wtf.

BUT, if they ever re-released the OG runners in the black/grey/red colorway I would definitely cop like 3 pairs.

Latest I Spiridon retroes I have have a manufacture date of 05/04/06, I'll try and post pics later. And Talaria's would be dope. I got some white, silver, black, and royal Talarias from a Nike Outlet about a decade ago but would love the tennis balls! Both shoes are extremely comfortable!

Spiridons are way past due. I'll take 3 pair of the OG color way. Wouldn't be upset about seeing the 96 also

Thought I'd at least give it a bump. The struggle is real, looking for 2 years to find my size. These need a proper retro

Back
Top Bottom