5th Grade Teacher Dresses in Blackface for Halloween

simply explain how any of those offensive stereotypes are comparable to the everyday "stereotypical" black person

ill wait

and its not going out of my way at all

ill call that **** out 10/10 times

-There you go again. If someone did this to you would be complaining and crying about dudes picking on you

I read dude's comment too, his wording wasn't the clearest but in no way did I get the feeling he was saying those stereotypes in the wiki represent the "everyday black person"

-If anything it reads like he was saying that their wasn't malice behind dude's actions because he was trying to dress up like Kanye West not a stereotypical black person ( i.e he wasn't trying to represent a negative stereotype of black people)

Maybe his choice of words wasn't the clearest, or to your liking, but it still seems like he is signaling his belief that those stereotypes are negative.

So he is giving ole boy a break because his intention will the costume was not to mock black people as a whole, but just to dress up like Kanye.

But you wanna get your DDP on and give yaself a high five for "calling someone out" :rolleyes

---------Like I said before the black face alone should be enough for dude to catch hell, even if you don't want to label him a racist.

He is something that was stupid, ignorant and racially insensitive. I have a hard time feeling sorry for him being publicly shamed for it.

At the minimum he should have know better

Last edited:
Hey [@=/u/58578/Methodical-Management]@Methodical Management[/@] please take my admin title for not being outraged and actually wanting to get more details before crying about race.

DUDES MAD BECAUSE I DONT FEEL ITS RACIST? O MY! He has an opinion.....
What more details do you need? Someone is in black face? What context would make this acceptable? Serious question.

Nobody is saying you need to be mad. Hell, I don't think ANYONE in here is MAD. We just think it isn't right.

I already stated my peace so just read it and either accept it or not. Just because I don't feel the way you feel, it doesn't mean I'm a bad moderator for the site. I guess I'm racist too for saying reserve judgement until you find out if dude really is racist.

He didn't need the black nonsense all over himself to dress up like Kanye.

Seems like he wanted to drive home the message "Hey everyone, I'm a black person" just as much as he wanted to drive home the message of "Hey everyone, I'm Kanye West"

View media item 1763561This is blackface. A clear attempt to mock and humiliate a race. Basically a got damn living breathing caricature.

The teacher accurately depicted a specific person and you know exactly who he's mimicking.

If you can't see the difference, there's nothing else I can do to help you. And this is not directed at anyone in particular.

EXACTLY WHAT I WAS SAYING!!!! The whole big lips and watermelon stuff... Dude dressing to be Ye isn't offensive to me at all.

i wonder what was going through his mind when they chose that costume...

typically people have something in common with the object they try to imitate. like if you see a black dude and hes dating a middle eastern or even a rican, they go as kimye...but...yall white b....too good for the bradjolina or bennifer huh? tryna write the minority report huh.

meh...white folks want to be black so much..halloween is the one day they can do it, but its gonna cost you.

these idiots always OD on the black makeup too, end up looking like bodybuilders steppin on stage

simply explain how any of those offensive stereotypes are comparable to the everyday "stereotypical" black person

ill wait

-There you go again. If someone did this to you would be complaining and crying about dudes picking on you

I read dude's comment too, his wording wasn't the clearest but in no way did I get the feeling he was saying those stereotypes in the wiki represent the "everyday black person"

-If anything it reads like he was saying that their wasn't malice behind dude's actions because he was trying to dress up like Kanye West not a stereotypical black person ( i.e he wasn't trying to represent a negative stereotype of black people)

Maybe his choice of words wasn't the clearest, or to your liking, but it still seems like he is signaling his belief that those stereotypes are negative.

So he is giving ole boy a break because his intention will the costume was not to mock black people as a whole, but just to dress up like Kanye.

But you wanna get your DDP on and give yaself a high five for "calling someone out" :rolleyes

---------Like I said before the black face alone should be enough for dude to catch hell, even if you don't want to label him a racist.

He is something that was stupid, ignorant and racially insensitive. I have a hard time feeling sorry for him being publicly shamed for it.

Look at you being level headed :lol:

He didn't need the black nonsense all over himself to dress up like Kanye.

Seems like he wanted to drive home the message "Hey everyone, I'm a black person" just as much as he wanted to drive home the message of "Hey everyone, I'm Kanye West"

he didnt even do a good enough job with the paint what makes you think he would have pulled it off without it :lol:

He failed with that poor attempt :rofl:

ill wait

giphy.gif

What's that suppose to mean famb :lol:

( i.e he wasn't trying to represent a negative stereotype of black people)

he is signaling his belief that those stereotypes are negative.

So he is giving ole boy a break 
congrats for contributing negative stereotypes?

giving ol boy a break is the problem, he is a damn educator

if he can do this, who knows how he is affecting children of color in his classes

( i.e he wasn't trying to represent a negative stereotype of black people)

he is signaling his belief that those stereotypes are negative.

So he is giving ole boy a break 

congrats for contributing negative stereotypes?

giving ol boy a break is the problem, he is a damn educator

if he can do this, who knows how he is affecting children of color in his classes

What they hell is even your question dude?

In the first line I'm talking about the teacher, the second I'm referring to @sea manup

Last edited:

ill wait

giphy.gif

What's that suppose to mean famb :lol:

That gif :lol: :lol:

I meant you're looking at the situation and thinking about it though.

[thread="638524"]There is NO WAY that man puts on that makeup and not think about the level of backlash and/or people he MIGHT offend. For that reason alone, I would think a leader in the community would have enough sense to say, "I'm good."[/thread]
[thread="638524"] [/thread]
[thread="638524"]He KNEW what he was doing,[/thread]

Yall gotta stop thinking ignorant white people are thinking about their actions before they do things :lol:

If he was thinking about that stuff and STILL did it then it just cements how dumb/irresponsible son is.

I dont see anything wrong with it, he was trying to dress as Kanye not as typical black person....people are so damb sensitive nowadays. If dude would have dressed as Pancho villa with a brown face i would be laughing if had pulled it off well.
what's a typical black person though?

ppl are so prejudiced and its so ingrained 
mad.gif

what? i wasnt asking a question 
indifferent.gif

the guy asked what is a stereotypical black person

he proceeded to post a wki of offensive black stereotypes as if to say these are examples of a stereotypical black person

Is it really that painful to avoid doing something because it'll offend and hurt other people, even if you feel you're doing nothing wrong? Is your way of life really being disrupted when people just don't want you to paint your face black? :lol:

Last edited:
Yall gotta stop thinking ignorant white people are thinking about their actions before they do things
laugh.gif

If he was thinking about that stuff and STILL did it then it just cements how dumb/irresponsible son is.
See sometimes I want to say they are clueless (like Beadle) but with Social Media, there is no way he isn't more aware of stuff like that.

Plus dude is a got damn TEACHER. So he has had to been trained/educated in culturally responsive teaching. No way he didn't know man.
Is it really that painful to avoid doing something because it'll offend and hurt other people, even if you feel you're doing nothing wrong? Is your way of life really being disrupted when people just don't want you to paint your face black? 
laugh.gif
This what what I am saying man

Last edited:
ppl are so prejudiced and its so ingrained >:

what? i wasnt asking a question :stoneface:

the guy asked what is a stereotypical black person

he proceeded to post a wki of offensive black stereotypes as if to say these are examples of a stereotypical black person

-You used a question mark, and I didn't pick up it was a rhetorical question

See how when someone could easily misunderstand what someone means when that person doesn't use the clearest of language :D

-Your picking a choosing stuff stuff dude said to find someone to be pissed about

If you look at the entire context of the exchange, it doesn't appear dude is trying to say those stereotypes in the wiki link present "everyday black people"

theyre not ignorant, as if they have no notion

theyre willfully ignorant, as in they choose to be blind to the fact

edit:

what? the context was what is a stereotypical black person, as in what is the average black person

then he posted a wiki of offensive stereotypes

how does that answer the question?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom