5th Grade Teacher Dresses in Blackface for Halloween

This is blackface. A clear attempt to mock and humiliate a race. Basically a got damn living breathing caricature.

The teacher accurately depicted a specific person and you know exactly who he's mimicking.

If you can't see the difference, there's nothing else I can do to help you. And this is not directed at anyone in particular.
EXACTLY WHAT I WAS SAYING!!!! The whole big lips and watermelon stuff... Dude dressing to be Ye isn't offensive to me at all.
dig this man - just cause dude aint out there looking like amos n andy don't mean he didn't have the intention of lampooning a black person. the benefit of the doubt should not go to the person in blackface ya know. saying something like "oh i didn't know it would be insulting to a person of color" or "it was only a joke" ain't good enough anymore. it's cliche to take that route for an excuse

Last edited:
 folks wouldn't dare try that around black folks they aren't "friends" with.

Last edited:
hence the "private" party 
mean.gif

This is blackface. A clear attempt to mock and humiliate a race. Basically a got damn living breathing caricature.

The teacher accurately depicted a specific person and you know exactly who he's mimicking.

If you can't see the difference, there's nothing else I can do to help you. And this is not directed at anyone in particular.

EXACTLY WHAT I WAS SAYING!!!! The whole big lips and watermelon stuff... Dude dressing to be Ye isn't offensive to me at all.

dig this man - just cause dude aint out there looking like amos n andy don't mean he didn't have the intention of lampooning a black person.
the benefit of the doubt should not go to the person in blackface ya know.

yea... guilty until proven innocent. with all of this anger.... not 1 report has popped up that this man is racist aside from his "racist" party pic that his wife posted.

Its a difference between being racist and being stupid. Dude is just stupid for what he did.

Last edited:
Is it really that painful to avoid doing something because it'll offend and hurt other people, even if you feel you're doing nothing wrong? Is your way of life really being disrupted when people just don't want you to paint your face black?
laugh.gif
This what what I am saying man

folks wouldn't dare try that around black folks they aren't "friends" with.
Becuase they KNOW it is WRONG

Is it really that painful to avoid doing something because it'll offend and hurt other people, even if you feel you're doing nothing wrong? Is your way of life really being disrupted when people just don't want you to paint your face black?
laugh.gif
I think this is really all that needs to be said 
laugh.gif
. How hard is it for people in this country to realize this is something you just don't do no matter who you are trying to portray or what your intentions are just don't do it 
laugh.gif

too many people are always pulling the race card too....
Dog, you can't use the, "People are using the race card" when a damn white man dresses up as a black dude and paints his face brown. I mean in any situation other than THIS one

The ripple effect is strong here. The dastardly deeds of his forefathers is biting him in the butt.

If this country never had an issue with race, this would be seen as nothing more than an elaborate costume. But since it's a touchy, sensitive subject, people find offense in anything that hints of it, such as this.

"he didn't need to paint himself black to dress as kanye". I get your point. He didn't. He just apparently decided to go that extra mile to look try to look exactly like Kanye. If you wanted to go as carrot top, you could dress like him and carry around some funny props, but of course you would want to go that extra mile and get the red wig. Son just wanted to get the same skin pigmentation as the person he dressed as, but since it's so close to the dehumanizing acts committed by his other people of his race, he's being condemned for it.

To those that are offended and those with the fake outrage, I get the argument you're making. Maybe I shouldn't speak on whether or not you're being sensitive, and I should focus more on the teacher's insensitivity, because that is clearly where origin of the arguments lie.

As the end of the day, it's all subjective. If you're offended, I can't say you shouldn't be and I more than likely won't change your mind.

Last edited:
Dog, you can't use the, "People are using the race card" when a damn white man dresses up as a black dude and paints his face brown. I mean in any situation other than THIS one

i can and i did.

but you dont need to reply to me "dog" considering you already stated I'm not fit for this site. I'm not gonna address you anymore either.

For anyone to pull this off is offensive, for a TEACHER to pull this off is famb near a crime b....he should know better

Is it really that painful to avoid doing something because it'll offend and hurt other people, even if you feel you're doing nothing wrong? Is your way of life really being disrupted when people just don't want you to paint your face black? :lol:

This reminds me of the Washington ******* fiasco.

too many ppl always willing to make excuses :smh:

what's a race card? is that like crying wolf or something? you don't think people have legit gripes when they see some white dude in blackface?

its all in the context... i have an issue with the pic posted from the party in Cali...

dude being extra and painting his skin for the part.... it doesn't bother me at all. I'm very aware that people like to go above and beyond... i mean, dude had that stupid Ye for president and everything

too many ppl always willing to make excuses 
mean.gif

what's a race card? is that like crying wolf or something? you don't think people have legit gripes when they see some white dude in blackface?
its all in the context... i have an issue with the pic posted from the party in Cali...

dude being extra and painting his skin for the part.... it doesn't bother me at all. I'm very aware that people like to go above and beyond... i mean, dude had that stupid Ye for president and everything
but people are saying that anyone who casts this off as someone just being unaware of the implications of blackface is wrong. his lack of self-awareness is wrong in this day and age. if that was his error a the very least, it's not an excuse because of the legacy of what it represents to a lot of people whether or not jut you think it's offensive. you can't get by anymore saying "i had no idea this was offensive to people" in the same way you can't get away with overt racism it can represent in general

Back
Top Bottom