As we all know Irma is on the way.

heres a good website to see how you area will be affected by flooding

http://www.floridadisaster.org/publicmapping/index.htm

Stay safe and have a plan.

Praying we dodge another one.

:emoji_pray:

114654_5day_cone_with_line_and_wind.png

Last edited:
I ain't ready for this. I hope this goes up the coastline. I went shopping yesterday and water was GONE and the gas stations look like a Supreme release line.

I'm hoping this storm dies off too.

Just read about the water bottle shortage. :smh:

Yeah, the gas stations are already packed and prices jumped. I'll swing by BJs and try to grab a few things just to be safe. Last year with Matt I lost power for a few days but was lucky other than that.

Not just FL. SC and GA are potentially in trouble as well.

This **** is not looking good. I was looking at a model where it basically covers the entirety of Florida coast to coast.

GA isn't typically equipped for this **** infrastructure wise. I hope the proper preparations are underway. I read that Matthew ****ed up the GA/SC border areas.

Man. And with Jose potentially going for the NY/Long Island area (too early to tell) the whole East could be in a mess of trouble this season. ****.

Got water before they announced state of emergency...but i need to fill up my tank

sucks that i have a crap ton of PTO that my job forces us to use in situations like this smh.

Mother nature should be a given for free PTO like GOV workers get during snow storms.

Orlando area ... Got a 24 case of water and a bunch of quest bars. Gotta fill up my tank .

Stay safe fellow NTers. Saw the forecast models on our news.
Hopefully it ends with minimal damage if it does end up reaching FL
Not to mention everything else on Irma's path.

That's legal?

yea it is smh. If a snow storm hits and the office is closed for weather we have to use PTO to cover the hours we would have worked if the storm or whatever didnt hit. Even some jobs require employees to use PTO on holidays because some companies dont offer paid holidays. Its rough out here.

What sucks is no one can predict natural events like i can predict my vacations. But they charge both as if they are the same. Any hours not worked you just dont get paid.

The only job i know that treats their employees good is the GOV/GS jobs. People i know who are in GS in the DMV every time a snow storm hits they get free vacation.

yea it is smh. If a snow storm hits and the office is closed for weather we have to use PTO to cover the hours we would have worked if the storm or whatever didnt hit. Even some jobs require employees to use PTO on holidays because some companies dont offer paid holidays. Its rough out here.

What sucks is no one can predict natural events like i can predict my vacations. But they charge both as if they are the same. Any hours not worked you just dont get paid.

The only job i know that treats their employees good is the GOV/GS jobs. People i know who are in GS in the DMV every time a snow storm hits they get free vacation.

What happens if you don't have enough PTO? How does it work for you? Do you accumulate PTO?

What happens if you don't have enough PTO? How does it work for you? Do you accumulate PTO?
Pretty much unpaid for the hours you can't cover with PTO.

It's terrible how some companies can be that cheap.

Tell Irma to pull up, I got something for her ***. On the real though, this thing is looking crazy. I was like 9 when Katrina hit the US but now that I'm older, I can't remember a hurricane as serious as this one.

Back
Top Bottom