Facebook is planning to rebrand the company with a new name

Is Mark Zuckerberg too powerful

• Yes

Votes: 27 79.4%
  • No

Votes: 7 20.6%

• Total voters
Mark Zuckerberg wants to be known for building the metaverse

Facebook is planning to change its company name next week to reflect its focus on building the metaverse, according to a source with direct knowledge of the matter.

The coming name change, which CEO Mark Zuckerberg plans to talk about at the company’s annual Connect conference on October 28th, but could unveil sooner, is meant to signal the tech giant’s ambition to be known for more than social media and all the ills that entail. The rebrand would likely position the blue Facebook app as one of many products under a parent company overseeing groups like Instagram, WhatsApp, Oculus, and more. A spokesperson for Facebook declined to comment for this story.

It’s not just like rebranding the Facebook app. They want the brand to be looked at as like a google , overseeing multiple things .

because when you hear Facebook you automatically just think of the app and not the company that owns IG , oculus , what’s app, etc … as you can see by the replies lol

Facebook is just a place for old ppl to get wrong info and fake news like WhatsApp group chats.

For the current generation, Zuckerberg relies on IG.

The rebranding won't work.

I still use it. Got a lot of my relatives from out of the country that I talk to. My friends list is small. People that I actually talk to. I don’t go around adding everybody and their mother. I think that’s where people go wrong. Your timeline gets flooded with gibberish from people you don’t really interact with anyway.

My cousin is 25 and uses FB. A lot of 20 and 30 years olds heavily use FB. Y’all got to stop saying that only old people use it
Agreed. It's for young and older adults. Tik Tok & IG has the kids, but FB still has a lane.

Facebook = uncles/aunts and older distant relatives use it.
Ig = cousins/friends and people around my age.
Snapchat = get at the biddies
Tiktok = teens and early 20s crowd

Quanon book?
Russian book?
Wikipedia for Jan 6th participants book?

****ing shut it down already

i still use facebook to keep up with family and a few friends on the mainland and to connect with people in the same hobby that i’m currently interested in. been conflicted about keeping it. my wife deactivated hers. i think this’ll be the year i delete my account.

**** zuck.

Was literally going to make a thread about Facebook usage a week ago. I have no reason to be on there, yet I log on every other month after deactivating my account.
All I need is Groups, and and Messenger to be separate from the book, and I’ll never log on again. Facebook knows that, tho.

Only use it for Marketplace as craigslist ain't hitting no more.

They prolly announcing a larger company name like Alphabet came about as Google parent Co. The app names like FB prolly won't change.

They prolly announcing a larger company name like Alphabet came about as Google parent Co. The app names like FB prolly won't change.
Same FB Marketplace one of the best. Craigslist is just full of spam nowadays and dealers and shops posting a million useless ads.

Thats exactly what they’re doing. They want to be more than just a social media company .

I have it because Oculus doesn't give you any choice and marketplace can be good. Haven't used for anything else though i'll check in soon as there are some old friend cheeks I want to clap.

It’s not only old people who use Facebook of course but it’s the preferred social media of all the old people. Old people don’t use anything but Facebook and no one wants to “hang out
“ with their parents.

that’s why Facebook is lame and “for old people.”

Back
Top Bottom