6ix9ine Thread

[QUOTE="c flyness, post: 31656437, member:
Damn dude, dont let these haters get to you man.

Do you ... just curious, are you that old or you just like to search for old school ?

Let me contribute to the new reggaeton thread. LoL

And going back to your point,

There were a lot of people that understood the importance of Reggearon way before its time.[/QUOTE]
Never that.

Treinta y tres años, however my Reggaeton knowledge is on par with DJ Nelson, Playero, DJ Eric, DJ Dicky, etc. Even if you was to search, they wont have that In The House Magazine is the 1st official Reggaeton magazine, Who created Reggaeton Sex? Genio Kila & DJ Blass, etc. etc. etc.
In The House Magazine DJ Playero.jpg

El Corillo De The Noise.jpg

Dudes out here underestimating Reggaeton, thinking its easy to be a Reggaeton artist :lol:, well the same could be said about todays Hip-Hop hint: Chance The Rapper, Logic, Tyler the Creator, Lil Nas X, etc. :smh:

The reality is just because 69 is latin & has collaborated with a Latin Trap/Reggaeton artist doesn't mean he could go straight to the genre and flourish. It doesn't work that way. If that was the case then why didn't Nore, Nina Sky, or Lumidee do that with their careers cause its not easy as it seems.

If being a Reggaeton artist is so easy then why hasnt Tego Calderon dropped anything new. There's old school artists that still be making music, but get overshadowed by the new school. Reggaeton is real competitive. If 69 became a Reggaeton/Latin Trap artist he'll have to compete with Daddy Yankee, Ozuna, J Balvin, Bad Bunny, Maluma, Nicky Jam, Wisin & Yandel, J Alvarez, Brytiago, Jon Z, Myke Towers, J Quiles, Miky Woodz, Guaynaa, Bryant Myers, Juanka, etc.

On top of that 69's Spanish isn't that good. Can he write it and read it? These are the things that the fans/critics will notice and he'll receive backlash for it, ish wont be pretty.

I been meaning to tell you ...

You mentioned a few old Gs but reggeaton goes further back.

The true pioneers were El General and Vico C. Moreso El General which I consider the Father of reggeaton .. Wiso G made it popular in PR but it didnt have the foundation reggeaton is based on

Never that.

Treinta y tres años, however my Reggaeton knowledge is on par with DJ Nelson, Playero, DJ Eric, DJ Dicky, etc. Even if you was to search, they wont have that In The House Magazine is the 1st official Reggaeton magazine, Who created Reggaeton Sex? Genio Kila & DJ Blass, etc. etc. etc.
In The House Magazine DJ Playero.jpg

El Corillo De The Noise.jpg

This is some old G stuff right here ...

My joints goes further back .... From which I consider the father of reggeaton El General to the second pioneer Vico C.

Who's really OG and doesnt remember

Obviously from Vico C came DJ Negro which IMO was the one that elevate reggeton to what it is now with The Noise ( literally from those records and the Club he open in SJ PR).

The Noise gave use people that we still hear today like Baby Rasta Gringo Daddy Yankee Micheal y Manuel Guanabanas etc.

Then you had the cross bread dudes that used to filter that **** to the US like Tony Touch.

Sandungueo is DJ Blass and them ....

BTW, let's not forget some classics like

RUBEN DJ and Tre to get Funky and so on.

I been meaning to tell you ...

You mentioned a few old Gs but reggeaton goes further back.

The true pioneers were El General and Vico C. Moreso El General which I consider the Father of reggeaton .. Wiso G made it popular in PR but it didnt have the foundation reggeaton is based on
In other threads I've mentioned Vico C, DJ Negro, Ruben DJ, Big Boy, etc. At the end of the day. The underground cats that paved the way for Reggaeton are all true pioneers.

Last edited:
In other threads I've mentioned Vico C, DJ Negro, Ruben DJ, Big Boy, etc. At the end of the day. The underground cats that paved the way for Reggaeton are all true pioneers.
Yeah, but what I mean is the dudes that brought it to the light and made it possible for those cats.

If you look at reggeton world wide, el general was the dude that made open the doors wide open. Then you had Rico Suave which was mainbstream but more like pop. he got into a wax battle with Vico C and that's how Vico C emerged outside of PR. When Vico C got into his almost fatal motorcycle accident DJ Negro (which was Vico C DJ) opened his nightclub The Noise, he used to bring dudes to perform and who ever he liked, he recorded them on the spot and then play the song all night in the night club then he made the tapes/CD after the club closed. Then The Noise came out and the rest was history. At least that's how I remember it.

But yeah. .. Big boy, Bebe, Guanabana, Daddy Yankee, Don Chezina, Baby Rasta Gringro, Tempo Wiso G, etc are pioneers ...

Yeah, but what I mean is the dudes that brought it to the light and made it possible for those cats.

If you look at reggeton world wide, el general was the dude that made open the doors wide open. Then you had Rico Suave which was mainbstream but more like pop. he got into a wax battle with Vico C and that's how Vico C emerged outside of PR. When Vico C got into his almost fatal motorcycle accident DJ Negro (which was Vico C DJ) opened his nightclub The Noise, he used to bring dudes to perform and who ever he liked, he recorded them on the spot and then play the song all night in the night club then he made the tapes/CD after the club closed. Then The Noise came out and the rest was history. At least that's how I remember it.

But yeah. .. Big boy, Bebe, Guanabana, Daddy Yankee, Don Chezina, Baby Rasta Gringro, Tempo Wiso G, etc are pioneers ...
Of course I've heard of El General, however there has been a debate going on for a minute now that what Panama did wasn’t Reggaeton. DJ Nelson & Zion have also said it themselves. Panama did Reggae En Español that’s Pre-El Underground Rap & Reggae (Reggaeton). Panama sounded more like Jamaica. The difference is Puerto Rico had the Reggae & Dancehall but also Hip-Hop influences, and later on fusing other sounds like EDM, Middle Eastern/Asian, etc. Reggaeton is a melting pot of different sounds and that's why it has stood the test of time.
Reggaeton w/ Techno

Middle Eastern sounds

Asian sounds

Este premio se lo quiero dedicar a todos estos Reggaetoneros que empezaron de la vieja guardia, cuando mucha gente descriminaron nuestra musica años atras, y estoy hablando de los cantantes de la vieja guardia que para mi fueron los arquitectos, para que estos Reggaetoneros y los artistas de de la Musica Urbana hoy en dia estuvieran donde estan hoy, quiero mencionar la gente de PLAYERO, THE NOISE, CHICLIN, DON CHEZINA, MEXICANO ''Que En Paz Descanse'', OG BLACK, MASTER JOE, son muchisimos, pero este premio es para ustedes...

Last edited:
Of course I've heard of El General, however there has been a debate going on for a minute now that what Panama did wasn’t Reggaeton. DJ Nelson & Zion have also said it themselves. Panama did Reggae En Español that’s Pre-El Underground Rap & Reggae (Reggaeton). Panama sounded more like Jamaica. The difference is Puerto Rico had the Reggae & Dancehall but also Hip-Hop influences, and later on fusing other sounds like EDM, Middle Eastern/Asian, etc. Reggaeton is a melting pot of different sounds and that's why it has stood the test of time.
Reggaeton w/ Techno

Middle Eastern sounds

Asian sounds

Este premio se lo quiero dedicar a todos estos Reggaetoneros que empezaron de la vieja guardia, cuando mucha gente descriminaron nuestra musica años atras, y estoy hablando de los cantantes de la vieja guardia que para mi fueron los arquitectos, para que estos Reggaetoneros y los artistas de de la Musica Urbana hoy en dia estuvieran donde estan hoy, quiero mencionar la gente de PLAYERO, THE NOISE, CHICLIN, DON CHEZINA, MEXICANO ''Que En Paz Descanse'', OG BLACK, MASTER JOE, son muchisimos, pero este premio es para ustedes...

Since we are at it ...

Vico C Ruben DJ etc weren't really reggeaton ....

So the actually father and pioneer is DJ Negro and the start was The Noise.

BTW, no way Mexicano was Reggeaton. Tempo either etc.

Just my .02 cent if we are disqualifying El General.

Just because it evolved and came to prominence in Puerto Rico, does not make it Puertorican.

Just like salsa is Cuban but it came to premise in NYC and later evolved in PuertoRico.

Or rum bacardi etc etc etc.

Since we are at it ...

Vico C Ruben DJ etc weren't really reggeaton ....

So the actually father and pioneer is DJ Negro and the start was The Noise.

BTW, no way Mexicano was Reggeaton. Tempo either etc.

Just my .02 cent if we are disqualifying El General.

Just because it evolved and came to prominence in Puerto Rico, does not make it Puertorican.

Just like salsa is Cuban but it came to premise in NYC and later evolved in PuertoRico.

Or rum bacardi etc etc etc.
Like I said before Reggaeton's influences are Reggae, Dancehall & hip-hop, so you still could consider Ruben DJ, Vico C, Mexicano & Tempo part of the genre. Vico C, Mexicano & Tempo were more known for their Latin hip-hop, but lets not forget they also dropped some Reggaeton tracks.

If Puerto Rico would have kept the same sound and name (Reggae En Espanol) then there wouldn't exist any debates. Around 2007 the two chicks of La Factoria from Panama was on some show to perform their hit song "Perdoname" Ft. Eddy Lover and after their performance, the host asked La Factoria if what they did was Reggaeton? La Factoria answered NO, its "Romantic Style". By then, Reggae En Espanol was long-forgotten and they were trying to resurrect it under a different name: Romantic Style. Fast forward to today and now Panama wants to claim Reggaeton, smh. The only Panamanians that could claim Reggaeton are the ones that were part of the underground movement from PR, and those guys are Baby Shabba & Ruben Sam.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom