7/14 WWE MONEY IN THE BANK PPV IN PHILLY - 2 MITB MATCHES, RVD RETURNS, CENA V HENRY

20130701_LIGHT_RAW-preview_wyatt_C-homepage.jpg

They're here....

What role will the Wyatt Family play on tonight's Raw?  They have certainly received a very large focus on the show in the weeks leading up to their debut tonight, including three vingettes last week with the most surprising one coming after the Champion vs Champion main event to close the show.  So how will they fit in tonight?  A few ideas...
  • Cut a promo announcing they're here.
  • Have a match against another tag team.
  • Run in during a match.
  • Attack The Shield to set up a faction feud ... though both teams are heels.
  • Attack members of the MITB Allstars or MITB Rising Stars matches to take their spot in the match.
  • Align with one of the McMahons to help with their power struggle.
  • Or something else.... what ideas do you have?
It will also be interested to see when and how they debut tonight.  Will it be announced?  Or will it be a surprise?  Will it open the show?  Will it be the main event segment?  Will they come through the crowd?  Will they have some other sort of special entrance?  A lot of questions to be answered.

We also have Vickie Guerrero's job evaluation.  This is designed to be a spoof of TNA's Gut Check.  Each McMahon will be in the ring to critique her.  I would expect Vince to fire her, HHH to keep her, and Stephanie will be the deciding vote.  This segment is sure to be cringeworthy McMahon television.

The final build for John Cena and Mark Henry for the WWE Title this Sunday.  They have done a good job of keep these two apart.  Mark Henry has cut some great promos despite the idiot fans What chants.  Cena opened as a -2000 favorite in the betting lines, but now is only about a -200 favorite.  This doesn't mean he will lose the title, but they may have some type of screwjob DQ finish.

I hope the build for the Money in the Bank matches is better than last week where they just had each guy come out one at a time talking.  How about some actual matches with them tonight?

The curious booking of Daniel Bryan continues.  Just as D Bry was maybe the most over guy going into WrestleMania 28 and WWE chose to bury him (which backfired on them), it feels as if they are doing the exact same thing with him again.  He could be the top babyface in the company, but WWE is booking him as a whiney little b****.

The relationship between CM Punk and Paul Heyman will continue to disintegrate.  Brock Lesnar is advertised locally for next week's Raw.  The question is, will he be at Money in the Bank, likely to cost CM Punk to the MITB?

CRYBACK!!!! 

Attacking the Shield. Personally don't like them debuting before the PPV. Should have had them at MITB or the following night at Barclays. Tonight is going to be three hours of masturbation for the McMahon clan.

Ryback Talks About the Goldberg Chants, Skip Sheffield, More
Posted by: Ben Kerin of WrestlingNewsSource.com on Jul 08 2013

Ryback was recently interviewed by Brian Soscia. Here are some highlights.

When did he decide to become a wrestler:

“All my life growing up [he was a fan]. When I was around 13. [he wanted to become a wrestler] My first real memory of attending a live event, I went to one when I was about five or six. It was headlined by Hogan and Andre. All I really remember was the yellow tights and the black singlet. I was a little too young to take it all in and remember it. But when I was 13 I won front row tickets and I got to go backstage and I was the guest bell ringer. I won a bunch of free WWE merchandise. I still have it, it’s sitting at home, my official WWF bell hammer, or whatever, to ring the bell. I bet they don’t even have anymore. That was the moment I knew I wanted to be a WWE Superstar. I didn’t know how. I didn’t know what path I was going to take to get there but thankfully it all worked out and here I am.”

How did he envision his wrestling character as a kid:

“As a kid at 12, before I ever touched a weight, I had kink in my bicep and a divet, a hole in my forearm, this forearm muscle that was just abnormal. I always pictured myself, not with a shaved head necessarily, but being the jacked up, muscle bound freak. It’s weird as a kid to kind of see yourself like that, but that’s kind of how I envisioned myself. Interestingly enough it turned out pretty similar.”

Does he think the Skip Sheffield gimmick could have been successful as Ryback:

“I think it could have been very successful if handled properly, not in the same capacity. It would have been a much more of a comedy based, more of a Santino based character. But at the same time I feel with my look, I could have taken it a lot further than people would have ever expected. It was one of those things, I was Ryback before, in developmental. It was a little more Terminator based at the time. Now it’s much more me and not as much of a character.

“It [Skip Sheffield] was something Dusty Rhodes approached me about, wanting me to do something a little funnier. He knew I was capable of pulling some tricks under my sleeve. I came up with this whole, it was more of a rib on Dusty at the time to me. He hated Texas A&M he was a Texas guy, so I came up with this character for him, in all seriousness I was completely against it, called Skip Sheffield and it was a huge joke to me. It turned out this damn thing got so over down at Florida Championship Wrestling, because for the first time in my career I didn’t have to worry about being serious and I was allowed to just go out there and have fun. It soon turned into the greatest positive of my life, from a wrestling standpoint. It allowed me to go out there and like I said, have more fun than I’ve ever had. It got me called up to the WWE roster.

“When Vince McMahon saw me, I had already debuted as Skip Sheffield, we’re like two or three weeks into NXT, Mr. McMahon pulled me aside and he said you’re not doing this. This is not who you are. I don’t want you playing this guy. You’re going to make me millions and millions of dollars being yourself. At the time I’m thinking dammit, I just put everything into getting a lot of fun with this guy. But it was the greatest thing he ever could have said to me and we slowly got away from that and luckily Nexus gave me a great opportunity to be myself with one problem: I was stuck with that dopey *** name Skip Sheffield. Luckily my injury and being away for as long as I was, a year and a half, and the way things all turned out was another big blessing and I was allowed to come back under my own terms and be Ryback. Thankfully I am who I am now.”

What he thinks of the Goldberg chants:

“It doesn’t bother me at all. I obviously wish fans would say my name. I’m not doing the feed me more right now, finally got sick of that whole deal and felt like I needed a change of pace. It’s one of those things, I think it’s a positive. It motivates me even more because it’s setting me up for success down the road because it’s allowing them, each and every night I go out there and prove myself to them, I will change them one by one. I will convert them into a Ryback fan.
“It’s very easy for them to want to chant Goldberg or whoever else they want to chant at me, but once they see me and what I’m doing and the passion I have and how I go out there and give this everything I got and the displays of strength that I’m able to pull off night in and night out, five nights a week, and not to discredit anything anyone’s done in the past, in a day and age where you don’t see a lot of guys doing the power stuff anymore, I take great pride in that. I really firmly believe it’s just me going out there and keep proving myself and having quality matches.

“People love to doubt and be negative and I don’t mean to use the word hate, but it’s just something that’s very easy for people to do because they have no idea. The first thing I remember hearing was Ryback can’t wrestle a five minute match, he’ll blow up and I just laughed. These people have no clue. And then it was he can’t even do ten minutes. And then it’s he can’t do fifteen. And then it’s he can’t do a twenty minute match. He can’t do a twenty five minute match. He can’t do a thirty minute match. I believe me and Cena have done 35, 40 now a couple pay per views in a row. The live events, easily do a half hour, no problem. It boggle my mind how people just thrive on negativity.”

They should come out of no where and attack cena. Instant heat!!....

As much as I would want them to do this, it might hurt them in the long run. Think Nexus.

Really interested to see how they handle their debut.

I just hope they are booked differently than The Shield.  If they just come out and randomly attack top stars, it will feel like a cheap ripoff.

Can we start talking MITB and who is logical to win on both sides?

On the RAW side it's pretty obvious it's going to be Daniel Bryan. If 4W is right, we see Brock cost Punk and thus setting up an epic (hopefully) match at SummerSlam.

But on the Smackdown side I feel like it's up in the air.

do they push Fandango again? Does Ambrose win, thus starting the end of The Shield? Does Cesaro FINALLY win and get his shine and chance at the belt?

do they push Fandango again? Does Ambrose win, thus starting the end of The Shield? Does Cesaro FINALLY win and get his shine and chance at the belt?
I think they'll put Boss Barrett over.

They recently took the IC Title away from him (which, as a lot of us know, is sometimes a sign of bigger things to come) and it just feels like it's his time. He probably won't cash in right away though. They'll use the upcoming months to slowly build him up as a credible challenger.

That's my guess.

Last edited:

They recently took the IC Title away from him (which, as a lot of us know, is sometimes a sign of bigger things to come) and it just feels like it's his time. He probably won't cash in right away though. They'll use the upcoming months to slowly build him up as a credible challenger.

That's my guess.

Read rumors they are looking at Cody to take it. That Smackdown MITB match is gon' be really interesting.

this would be a weird time to push cody. he has been buried so deep this past year that no one would respect him as champion. barett or cesaro would be my go to guys but even if they win they will hold it for a while until ziggler/del rio find a way to get a new storyline

I think Cody has been rightfully buried.  He's been given opportunities and never been able to get over.  He doesn't have it in my opinion.

Watching TNA from Thursday.  Damn, Mickie looking the best she has in years.  Wow.

this would be a weird time to push cody. he has been buried so deep this past year that no one would respect him as champion. barett or cesaro would be my go to guys but even if they win they will hold it for a while until ziggler/del rio find a way to get a new storyline

It is definitely weird. The reasoning is even weirder. Read that they would want the winner to be somewhat unexpected and off-the-radar. Someone who is on a kind of losing streak, for a lack of a better word.

It'll be interesting to see how the Wyatt family is booked. I can see a promo tonight just to introduce themselves to the world. I don't think a run-in because like stated the shield holds that role down currently. I'll be active on the thread tonight for a while. The internet and this thread might blowup after the Wyatt family debuts.

I want to see where they go with the whole D Bryan/Kane/Orton angle also.

My guess is the Family comes out, Bray does some talking, Delta Sierra hits and the segment ends with the Shield looking at them from the stands. I hope they keep them separated for some time though. Let the Wyatt Family get over, let the Shield continue doing their thing and have that match at xXx.

Randy Orton needs to turn heel already. Caught some of his Smackdown match with Christian and enjoyed it. Randy just needs a meaningful program with him as a heel to regain some buzz.

That's my guess.

It does?

He's a nobody. He lost all his momentum. He is an afterthought. I can't see him winning.

[COLOR=#red]I want them to come in how The Dudley's came into ECW. They had their family and they got in everyone's ***. Heel or Babyface, it didn't matter. It was all ab out their family and that they were going to wreck shop.

Hai Guiz.[/COLOR]

It is definitely weird. The reasoning is even weirder. Read that they would want the winner to be somewhat unexpected and off-the-radar. Someone who is on a kind of losing streak, for a lack of a better word.
he has no gimmick at this point besides being BFF to sandow. his title reign would be less significant than swaggers

[COLOR=#red]And keep the deliverance/worshiping angle. I enjoy that in their promos.[/COLOR]

That's my guess.
It does?

He's a nobody. He lost all his momentum. He is an afterthought. I can't see him winning.
Post-RAW after Wrestlemania Fandango gets lukewarm reactions and been away for weeks because of a concussion.

Rhodes Scholars get brogue kicked every single show.

Cesaro gets paired up with Zeb but this comes after a major losing streak, suits in the back not believing in him, and Cole still talking over his matches about other random ****.

Ever since Ambrose and the rest of Shield have won their belts, they've been booked like typical WWE titleholders. That's not a good thing.

Weed the people.

So who could you definitively say has more momentum than Wade?
grin.gif
This is why we're having this discussion...because there isn't a favorite.

I'm not guaranteeing he's gonna win but I don't see why it's silly to think he doesn't have a legitimate chance. It's intriguing because it's so wide open...hence why we could make a case for most of the participants.

Last edited:
I hope Barrett doesn't win..Dude is just too bland for me..He's the white Alberto Del Rio..

Wade just doesn't seem to have it. He doeent strike me as a guy to hold thr belt and be the face for a brand for even a few months. Cesaro has the skill set and look. Ambrose can be like Punk if they let him.

Barrett just doesnt do anythin for me. He's meh like Randy Orton is now

Back
Top Bottom