7.8 Earthquake strikes Nepal, over 10,000 feared dead. Support NikeTalk's relief drive to receive a

Possible idea for an elite

View media item 1510311

This image riffs off of a famous temple in Katmandu.
I honestly don't know that much about nepalese/buddhist culture, so I don't know if this would be considered misuse of religious symbol

Methodical Management Methodical Management

If you would like me to recolor-resize-alter anything Im happy to oblige.
Im also happy to simply share my assets in case someone more experienced wants to take a crack

resized these two as well. UNfortunately, the mountain one (my favorite) ends up with smaller font in this size
View media item 1510319View media item 1510320

Last edited:
Hey all, sorry I'm just now checking in. I will try to do something as well. To be honest, I doubt that I can come up with something better than the mountains idea. The real challenge here is showing the progression between the three badges. I will give it a shot though.

Hey all, sorry I'm just now checking in. I will try to do something as well. To be honest, I doubt that I can come up with something better than the mountains idea. The real challenge here is showing the progression between the three badges. I will give it a shot though.
It doesn't necessarily have to be different from the mountain idea, it can fit in with the other badges if that's what you'd like.  

With these two, for example, the one that includes graphics extending beyond the NKETLK script could be considered "building on" the earlier version.  It's more elaborate.  

The Typhoon Haiyan badges were designed by three different people, but the sense of progression is similarly demonstrated:

$10 - 24  Basic Supporter Badge

$25 - 99  Special Contributor Badge

donated but forgot it left my comments section blank. 

trans i.d though

donated but forgot it left my comments section blank. 

trans i.d though
I don't have access to their transaction records.  As long as you didn't make the donation anonymously, I can match you to a contribution via email address, though.  

You can PM me the address if you like, so it doesn't need to be posted publicly.  

Today was NOT the day we needed to have a DNS issue... hopefully we can get this back on track and have the badges in place this evening.  My apologies concerning the service outage.  

For anyone curious about the status of the library we sponsored in Nepal, we won't have any news on that for some time.  Room to Read's Kathmandu office, and their field offices, are all closed for the week.  Some of their staff lost family members.  Those who lost their homes are now living in rescue tents.  

While I don't have any specifics to share about the library in Vhingri, we do know that Room to Read plans to assist affected communities in their efforts to rebuild.  

They've established a separate fund for this purpose, and anyone interested can contribute directly here:  https://www.roomtoread.org/Donate?f...gENWtP40hkTlnBCnhIA==&program=NepalEarthquake

Needs in a situation like this are many, so it's worthwhile to consider long term rebuilding and recovery efforts in addition to immediate emergency response and relief work.  Our continuing support for Room to Read and our existing disaster relief fundraiser for Nepal via Mercy Corps should allow us to assist on multiple fronts.  

Thanks so much to all of you for helping us respond together as a community.  

Just donated through paypal but didnt have me leave a comment or anything so Meth let me know if you need confirmation or anything/
Same here....
As I mentioned to earlier:
Paypal donations will of course be accepted by the organization, but they're submitted via a separate page and don't count towards our group fundraiser.  

If you want the contribution to count towards our fundraiser and be eligible for a badge, please use the standard credit card payment. 

Just donated through paypal but didnt have me leave a comment or anything so Meth let me know if you need confirmation or anything/
Same here....
As I mentioned to earlier:
Paypal donations will of course be accepted by the organization, but they're submitted via a separate page and don't count towards our group fundraiser.  

If you want the contribution to count towards our fundraiser and be eligible for a badge, please use the standard credit card payment. 
For those who dont have a credit card, a PrePaid gift card would probably work for this. 

Another option is to PayPal the money to another NTer and have them make the donation on your behalf with your username. I wouldnt mind doing that for some people and I dont think it would become a disastrous situation, maybe Meth or another admin would be willing to be the broker for such a thing, or some other "trustworthy NTer".

just want to see how this translates here...

I'm a fan of flat designs. I think they are more effective since the size of the badge has to be so small.

edit: changed the font to white and lightened it up a bit...
I prefer the second one it seems way more visible with the NT black background.

That vid on those last pages,smh,wow.

R.i.p. to the people out in Nepal.

Just donated, will be back next Friday.

Cmon fam we 2 racks away from the goal.

Back
Top Bottom