75 MILLION in Prescription pills stolen from CT warehouse

eek.gif
damn... those dudes came up.

I knew this would happen. Across the country, States have been going after "doctor shoppers," folks who get prescriptions and peacefully sell the drugs to willing buyers on the black market.

The result of this crackdown has been a surge in the heroin market (I don't take that drug but I have my ear to the streets) and as I suspected, peaceful "doctor shopping" is going to give way to theft, including large scale theft.

It looks like the pill trade is going to be increasingly taken over from the small time dealers and will become the territory of the cartels and others who have a propensity for violence.

The only silver lining is hopefully, in the future, I can get any pill I want, on demand because those street level Mexican runners are so much more prompt and professional than white boy, suburban junkies, who currently sell most pills.

BTW, if that warehouse had any painkillers, those guys were foolish to waste any truck space on antidepressants, which cause no euphoria.

Sounds like Ninja Turtles, dudes snuck in through the roof and everything... Got the smoke bombs from bald asian dude to boot!!!

Originally Posted by wwsindicate

Is that 75 mill retail value...?

yea im sure there only talking retail value b.c if your filling up a tractor trailer...your making MONEY!!!

-Tyler

A year ago, a refrigerated truck of insulin worth more than $10.9 million was stolen from Novo Nordisk in North Carolina. Months later the FDA reported several cases of diabetics showing up in emergency rooms with unsafe blood sugar levels; the cases were traced to the stolen insulin, which was not properly refrigerated.
sick.gif
sick.gif

Security experts say the incentives behind pharmaceutical theft are largely confined to the U.S. and unlikely to change anytime soon.

"Whenever you have a health care system where drugs are very expensive and there's a fragmented supply chain, you're going to have a means to profit from stolen drugs," said Ron Greene, a spokesman for FreightWatch.

According to Greene, pharmaceutical theft is virtually nonexistent in Europe, where government controls keep drug prices low and most people have health care coverage.
Another side-effect of free health-care coverage   ;-)

i wish i had drive and ambition to pull something to make me some money...call me what u want.

Originally Posted by eight2one

i wish i had drive and ambition to pull something to make me some money...call me what u want.
i dont know if im BS or not but if i had a sure plan heist/knew people who did on some "inside man" "oceans eleven" tip

i think i might do it...........

Damn! Thats come crazy stuff.

My town is FULL of pill heads. Very sad, my ex started with percsand xanys now shes on heroin. I know some dudes that profit 13 bucks off of 1 perc 30.
These guys are gonna be caking. Cops are gonna be on there grind around here now.

Needs to come westward
nerd.gif
Bennies tho, opium based painkillers don't even work for me unless they're big enough to take down a horse
laugh.gif
damn migraines
smh.gif

Originally Posted by eight2one

word

To the guy that said why waste trunk space w/ non-euphoric drugs, the black market is not exclusive to recreational drugs; I'm sure they can sell Prozac and what not to people with no insurance.

And to whoever said "they should put something in drugs so only the intended patient could use them," when you're talking about recreational drugs such as Oxys and Adderall, you need to realize what they are--Adderall is an amphetamine salt--"speed" and oxys are in the same family as opium, morphine etc. They are not significantly different from "street drugs," (obviously more consistently pure) More importantly, these recreational drugs don't work as simply as say..a blood pressure medication (which simply regulates blood pressure)--adderall and oxys are not that simple--adderall happens to improve cognition..its not a direct "treatment," same with oxys or any other opiates, they engage the corresponding receptors, as opposed to just recognizing what the body is missing.

Also people should be able to ingest whatever they want..whether its morphine from poppys or oxys from a drug company--but it should be done knowledgeably, which is obviously not always the case when looking at addiction and APAP overdoses..

Originally Posted by heartofthacity

And to whoever said "they should put something in drugs so only the intended patient could use them," when you're talking about recreational drugs such as Oxys and Adderall, you need to realize what they are--Adderall is an amphetamine salt--"speed" and oxys are in the same family as opium, morphine etc. They are not significantly different from "street drugs," (obviously more consistently pure) More importantly, these recreational drugs don't work as simply as say..a blood pressure medication (which simply regulates blood pressure)--adderall and oxys are not that simple--adderall happens to improve cognition..its not a direct "treatment," same with oxys or any other opiates, they engage the corresponding receptors, as opposed to just recognizing what the body is missing.

Also people should be able to ingest whatever they want..whether its morphine from poppys or oxys from a drug company--but it should be done knowledgeably, which is obviously not always the case when looking at addiction and APAP overdoses..
Thank you doctor.
indifferent.gif

Those people that "should be able to ingest whatever they want" even when the drug isn't for them should deal with the consequences and my wish for those "recreational" drugs and the people that DON'T NEED THEM (because those that do need them don't get a damn a high) should be extreme and brutal. Just my opinion. Pill poppers and pill dealers are the worst.

Back
Top Bottom