80s Lakers or 90s Bulls

which team would you take in a 7 game series?

no homerism but i'd take the showtime Lakers in 5 or 6 games...i just think they were a deeper team than the bulls...what do you think NT?

Showtime Lakers.
pimp.gif

Ya know, this thread could have some pop.

Nobody wants to argue against MJ, but damn it, Magic, Kareem, and Worthy?????
pimp.gif

Scottie and Mike would do work offensively and defensively. But I gotta believe that Byron Scott, AC Green, and Michael Cooper would give Kareem enoughsupport to get past the Bulls support players. Rambis, Mychal Thompson.
happy.gif

I'd say Lakers in 7.

I think this would come down to the low post presence of Kareem and possibly the depth of the Lakers squads...I'd say the Lakers in 6 or 7....

great thread tho....I'll be back to chime in later.

Notice everyone saying Lakers is a Laker fan too, with the exception of DoubleJs07
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

Notice everyone saying Lakers is a Laker fan too, with the exception of DoubleJs07
eyes.gif
Thas to be expected, and I agree that Mike don't lose in the finals except for one problem.

What team did Mike beat that had a low post presense like Kareem? That's ALWAYS been the thing people said against Mike. He beat premier power forwards,guards, whatever, but never a great center.

He beat Pat year after year. Beat Shaq in 96.

They were great.

Bulls in 6.

Originally Posted by CP1708

eyes.gif
Thas to be expected, and I agree that Mike don't lose in the finals except for one problem.

What team did Mike beat that had a low post presense like Kareem? That's ALWAYS been the thing people said against Mike. He beat premier power forwards, guards, whatever, but never a great center.

Mike would have figured a way to take out your squad one way or another.

Michael Jordan doesn't lose in the NBA Finals.

/thread
but has he faced a tougher matchup with a deep team of 3 hall of famers in their prime and a defensive lock down player in cooper?...yehh he facedgary payton in the finals who was a defensive threat but gary also had to do it in the other end while coop foced on the defensive end because he had otherguys to do the scoring but this would be a very good series

eyes.gif

arent you a bulls fan?...who did u pick oh the bulls
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by Al3xis

They were great.

Bulls in 6.
True, Pat counts. I give you that one.

Get outta here with Smits.
laugh.gif
Come on.

And Shaq was a kid.

Magic and Worthy in their primes were no day at the beach ya know? Byron Scott? You guardin him with Steve Kerr? BJ Armstrong? Ron Harper?
nerd.gif

it depends which 90's bulls teams were talking about, and which 80's lakers teams were talking about as well. also with the bulls the 2nd 3 peat teamhad a somewhat different roster then the first 3 peat team. i think the first 3 peat team was younger and more talented while the 2nd 3 peat team was a muchmore smarter veteran led team.

that being said all homerness aside, i would take the 85 and 87 laker teams over those bulls teams, mainly because kareem was still a solid contributer, worthywas comming into his own, magic made the other guys better and that team was just so deep.

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

/thread
but has he faced a tougher matchup with a deep team of 3 hall of famers in their prime and a defensive lock down player in cooper?...yehh he faced gary payton in the finals who was a defensive threat but gary also had to do it in the other end while coop foced on the defensive end because he had other guys to do the scoring but this would be a very good series

eyes.gif
tongue.gif

Nt is flooded with Lakers fans, so what were you really trying to accomplish by making this thread? Most of those Lakers fans weren't even old enoughduring the Bulls dynasty to truly grasp it, let alone even know anything about the Lakers in the 80's. For those of us who did in fact watch the ShowtimeLakers and the 90's Bulls, it's gonna be bias depending on where your loyalties lie. Comparing teams that played in two different eras is reallypointless, entertaining maybe, but still pointless. I merely stated that Michael Jordan doesn't lose in the NBA finals, your showtime can't even layclaim to that.

Originally Posted by CP1708

They were great.

Bulls in 6.
True, Pat counts. I give you that one.

Get outta here with Smits.
laugh.gif
Come on.

And Shaq was a kid.

Magic and Worthy in their primes were no day at the beach ya know? Byron Scott? You guardin him with Steve Kerr? BJ Armstrong? Ron Harper?
nerd.gif

rik smits
laugh.gif
and shaq was a good center but he wasnt great and dominantyet when jordan faced him

i say the key to this series would be the bench and the play of the big men...kareem/mychal thompson vs. luc longley/bill wennington or bill cartwright/scottwilliams...which why i think the Lakers can take them in 5 or 6

Shaq wasn't great and dominant by then?!?!?!?!?

lol, I didn't say it, I just said he was a kid still then. Gettin swept all the time and sh*^.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

/thread
but has he faced a tougher matchup with a deep team of 3 hall of famers in their prime and a defensive lock down player in cooper?...yehh he faced gary payton in the finals who was a defensive threat but gary also had to do it in the other end while coop foced on the defensive end because he had other guys to do the scoring but this would be a very good series

eyes.gif
tongue.gif

Nt is flooded with Lakers fans, so what were you really trying to accomplish by making this thread? Most of those Lakers fans weren't even old enough during the Bulls dynasty to truly grasp it, let alone even know anything about the Lakers in the 80's. For those of us who did in fact watch the Showtime Lakers and the 90's Bulls, it's gonna be bias depending on where your loyalties lie. Comparing teams that played in two different eras is really pointless, entertaining maybe, but still pointless. I merely stated that Michael Jordan doesn't lose in the NBA finals, your showtime can't even lay claim to that.

True, they lost to an elite Larry Bird squad. And the same Pistons that tortured Mike every year. And Dr J's 6ers.

But they went 9 times in 11 years. Mike ain't claimin that either.
wink.gif

They were great.

Bulls in 6.

My thoughts exactly... I'm not betting against 90's Mike... EVER!!!

Lakers did have a better support system but Mike made his players play better than they were...

I'd love to see this! Bulls for sure are underdogs...IMO...can't go against Jordan though...like said above He's never lost in the playoff'sand you think about who he's beat up on...those good Knick teams...pretty good Pacer teams...young Hungry Magic team(Shaq wasn't a "kid" hewas in the league what 4/5years) ran thru the west never even a 7game series...

Bulls in 6!

PS. I've always wanted to see the Bulls vs. That Rocket team...

If jordan didnt retire, the bulls would have most likely dominated with 10 chips in 10 years! They have the best record of all time, best player of all time,best coach of all time, best compliment to the best player of all time (scottie)! bulls in 6.

Back
Top Bottom