81st Annual Academy Awards Thread: Heath won, Now I'm about to watch I Love Money 2. Pewn...

Originally Posted by MR MONDAY NIIGHT
pimp.gif
win-win situation for me tonight

and wearin the 45, commit that. heath hands down without a shadow of a doubt was the best supporting actor this year. he hadthe best supporting role in any film and put on a brilliant performance.

Originally Posted by WearinTheFourFive

I might be out of line in this thread, but I don't think he should win. Yeah, it was tragic what happened to him, but based on his performance, he doesn't deserve it.

Please kind sir, out of the candidates for best supporting actor, who deserves it?

Originally Posted by WearinTheFourFive

I might be out of line in this thread, but I don't think he should win. Yeah, it was tragic what happened to him, but based on his performance, he doesn't deserve it.
tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif

Heath will most likely win the best supporting actor, but I want Lincoln O'Cycus to win and get in character when he accepts the award.

PSH and Shannon were pretty damn good in their roles if you ask me. but heath should win tonight.

My picks to win, though, are:

best picture - Slumdog Millionaire
best director - Danny Boyle
best actor - Mickey Rourke (i'll be ok with Penn winning here too though)
best actress - Kate Winslett (always love a movie with a sex scene with her
pimp.gif
)
best supporting actor - Heath Ledger
best supportin actress - I was going with Taraji Henson early on but Penelope Cruz should get it for Vicky Cristina Barcelona (I always have my doubts on WoodyAllen films but this is one of his better works)
best original screenplay - Wall-E (i wouldn't mind In Bruges either)
best adapted screenplay - Slumdog Millionaire
best animated - Wall-E is a lock
best foreign language - Waltz with Bashir (please do yourself a favor and watch this movie)
best cinematography - i think Slumdog will win but I'm rooting for the Dark Knight

and i'd just like to add that Christopher Nolan got snubbed hard for best director. he wouldn't have won this year against Boyle though, but heshould've gotten a nod for sure.

How does everyone feel about Jackman hosting? I really can't imagine him being good, but hopefully I'm wrong.

Someone give Dev Patel a sandwich...He's rail thin...Frieda Pinto's looking good...But i'm waiting for Salma...

Originally Posted by The Yes Guy

How does everyone feel about Jackman hosting? I really can't imagine him being good, but hopefully I'm wrong.

He's hilarious what are you talking about

- I still don't understand how Robert Downey Jr. is nominated for Best Supporting Actor for Tropic Thunder. I don't see him winning, but if he does,I'll be shocked because it was a comedy.
- Mickey Rourke is a G
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom