9 NT MC's one track. NT Mega Track - Who killed it?

Nike Talker music forum Regulars Stop the Hate, @#%$ Riding, and obscure post while coming together to make history for a first time ten plus Man Collaboration.ed.

Would things continue to successfully roll, or would delay cause everyone involved to develop apathy and go back into the crazy place that is the music form threads.

Well on October 26, 2007 the esotericism behind the fate of the Mega Mix was lost. The post was made, and the music was there. At this time some of Niketalks population felt that the tape had met the same fate as Dr. Dres Detox. (Detox still coming soon)

As I began to hit the play button in the embedded musical thread, I had a thought that Im sure many others shared. A lot of time has been spent on this, will it deliver, or flop?

Being previously familiar with the beat, I had a decent idea on what to expect, but when the first first dropped, and the NTr known as Jurisdiction began to spit conflagration of spectacular-ity, it was evident that this could be something special.

I knew that Jurisdiction was from Chicago, so I had high expectations. I had never heard anything from her, so when I heard her spit, "I'm sick you are snifflin, I'm cold and conditionin, I realized that she was serious. For the Chicagoliterate I have to say, Jurisdiction > Newsense. I'm not going to lie, I don't mess with too many female rappers, but I could see myself listening to a whole album of her. I felt her voice, flow, wordplay, and superior Microphone presence. Well done, Chicago raised this young lady into a lyrical animal.

So after Jurisdiction comes with an intro that could rival Jay-Zs The Rulers Back we soon meet another Chicago representer.

Jewels

Thus far on my Niketalk tenure, it appears that Jewels is the closest artist on NT to making a real break. After being jerked by Cassidy, losing to a Memphis Wood Gripping artist, Jewels is still one of the most respected artists on NT. With all that said, its unfortunate that my Neutron caught a raw deal during the mixing process because his vocals were significantly lower than the beat, so you had to turn the T.V off, air condition, and fan off just to hear him spit. But after turning my house into virtual silence I was able to hear a little more from the G.O.D. After full analyzation its obvious that the guy is for real. There are people who want to be rappers, and then there are rappers. The kid Jewels is a rapper. Many people have praised is Xbox halo 2 line, but I personally felt as if his Dy-Nasty like Hov and them line was pure unadulterated uncut cocaine. Son is nice with the words, plain and simple.

Chi came with it. The track could have been over and a success right then, but there were 11 more rappers who were hungry waiting to get their time in the son, two of them being the C.E.O and the producer.

So the track continued with Niketalks favorite underachiever Wes Duce. I must admit, my first encounter with this guys music wasnt a pleasant one. The kid murdered the Dead Presidents beat. I dont mean murdered in a good way. Im talking O.J Simpson tying two people up and playing a game of Hostel Murder, Im talking about shooting Ricky in the Back right after he passed the S.A.T murder. I would have pissed on myself. Why they have to stop. But back to the kid called Wes.

Wes is stated as saying, If you wanna get better, you gotta train. Well Mr. Wes got some tips from Rocky and got the workout that Rocko received before fighting Ivan Drago. Dude has been training in this rap game, and you can tell hes improved. If he keeps it up, he may eventually being Tommie Gun, but that beats being Uncle Paulie on the mic.

There were some politics involved with this verse. Many people assumed, and it wasnt a reach, that Wes DIRECTLY dissed the person who organized the whole song. But Wes apologized and said hed re-record.

Pop @#%$ apologize, just ask Kiss

By this time, weve heard the same beat with not much variation that is one of the only faults in this track. The listener can become boring and the lines arent hitting as hard as they once did. As a result, the following reviews wont be as extensive.

Ace

You flowed on the beat nicely. "Kevin Federline guys need some better lines" That was pretty smooth. You were the first dude on the track with a southern dialect, but you missed us with the Wood Grain Grippin, Paint Drippin, not bad at all.

Ran Man :wow:
eek.gif
but you placed your position well. The Nike Talk line was pretty smooth.

Boss

Probably the most coherent voice on the track. Good job annunciating and letting the people know exactly what you was saying. Spread like mustard is one of those similes that don't really do much for me. Not bad at all though.

Unsigned Hype

The way you switched up the flow is serious. Not many can switch it up like that, and you can tell that most of the people on this track used the same cadence through out their verses. Plus you get stripes for getting at them snapping and rocking dudes. You didn't use any crazy metaphors or similes but your verse proved that you don't have to have those in your verses to have an effective and efficient verse.

Wizeed getting boring. I don't know if it was a lack of personality, the Fab flow, or just the length of the track without the beat switching up, but Wize underachieved in his verse. I say that without any hate because Ive heard music from him that I actually enjoyed. (Just something to consider) I wasn't feeling the grown @#%$ mouth leave my seed on your lips line, I see it was setting up the next bar but it was just kinda ehh to me. That's 60 ??? and sold so I don't gotta pay rent. Seems like you were trying to squeeze too much words in some of your bars which made a few of your words inaudible. The dollars, knowledge, and sense line wasn't bad at all though. I think some of your lyrics were on point, better than some of the other dudes on the track but the bland flow and lack of energy led me to prefer some of the other artists with more simple lyrics on this track. No hate, it wasn't bad, but if I put this on the i-pod this will be one of the verses that I skipped over.

DQ

I heard a little bit of Young Buck in your voice. Plus you got a nice little treat by the beat stopping because your words were able to hit and deliver to the listener. The soulja boy lines made me laugh. One complaint is that your @#%$ was too short.

GolfAlpha....

I think you caught a raw deal because those who were checking for this track were able to hear your verse about 3 weeks ago. So you got the single treatment on a good album. Pretty smooth how you incorporated some classic hip hop within your bars. But that may work against you because some dudes are going to hear ilmatic, and purple tape and then say Who the @#%$ is this comparing his music to that? Your quality was on point. I don't think your verse was the best, but it wasn't the worst. Again, your verse being at the end of the track may keep the listeners from really appreciating your rhymes. But I guess that's the nature of the beast.

J-Reid

I've listened to some of your stuff in the past you're not bad at all. Nice intro bar, "Fatigued from the game" An effective way of saying that you're tired of the same ol @#%$ in a new way. Your flow was on point. I liked the antidote, aint he dope line. I didn't catch the Vick punch.

J Danger

You were one of the first people to post your verse. I don't remember your first verse that much but I remember liking it better than this one. With that said, it aint bad. There was times that I couldn't hear what you were saying though. You got a pretty nice flow, but there was nothing in your verse that I really found significant. I appreciated your flow and semi-energy but I think with you being second to last your words will fade to oblivion.

TIME

You had a pretty big challenge going last. You had the job of making the listeners wanting to keep listening after all of the previous verses, and wrapping the track up with a bang. With that said, the energy in your first 3 bars was there. You weren't saying any Socrates Philosophies, bombing atomically stuff, but the "Roof to Melt line was smooth and something I could see people reciting together after memorizing the track. You had the longest verse which you deserved by giving the beat, so you had to make sure that the listeners would enjoy your flow enough to make them keep listening after hearing everyone else's short verse. I think you did that. You could have just said, Everybody @#%$ with me I'm cool in the street, but I liked the creativity about people bumping you in the speakers, and you not needing to heaters. That's the true definition of hood love. I think your intro was real strong, the mid part above average although I couldn't decipher some of the stuff you were saying. The ending could have been a lot stronger, all I could really hear was @#%$ crown. All in all you put in work though.

So after listening and giving each verse a chance, I can safely say that this project was a success. Its always good when you can get a group of people who share musical talent. And also this is NT, home of the hate, flakers, and love of the Lakers. So this is definitely an accomplishment.

Congratulations to everyone involved in the process.

My unbiased MVP of the track is J-Diction.

I leave you all with two questions.

What is the exact name of the track?

And where is eMBrawler?

Oh yeah, whoever said money don't buy class must have never had to pay tuition.

Andre Woodson For President​

:wow:
eek.gif
My _ wrote an article on this track. Yoy been on a roll G :lol:
laugh.gif

He was was pretty thorough with his asessements tho which is always appreciated :pimp:
pimp.gif
This Is The Part...
When People Start Screamin!

Beat overpowered the artists .

But from my point of view ... J Danger did the best on the track ; I enjoyed him the most .

Rilla : :smh:
smh.gif

But ... but ... I don't think he should .
Pastelle coming soon .​

Word.

I was disappointed when I didn't see Rilla's name up there.

:frown:
frown.gif

:lol:
laugh.gif
TEAMGIANTS|TEAMYANKEES|NYK...BASKETBALL
Team I Heart HarlemToTheBronx

just got in..

Quote:
I AM KNOWLEDGE
eek.gif
:wink:
wink.gif
Black Thought Ent.
"And 'they' say that 'we' can't succeed/But 'WE' still on the same page like we can't read"
-Surreal
EarthTone February 2008
Est. 2007​

Ye its Jay Reid checking in. Mad shouts to everyone involved in this project. I thought it was forgot about till the other day. I have been pumping it all day. I like it, i like the way everyone comes in together smooth you know. Mad shouts once again. I am glad to be apart of something like this adn hopefully we can do it again.

^good sh_ Jay.. you always come through..
Black Thought Ent.​
"And 'they' say that 'we' can't succeed/But 'WE' still on the same page like we can't read"​
-Surreal​
EarthTone February 2008​
Est. 2007​

only beef i got with it is the volume levels...like i turn the volume all the way up, and G.o.D.'s dropping some serious heat rock, and i can barely hear it, then I got Wes all loud right after him...that needs to get fixed and turn his vocals up...but overall it was nice...Duce kinda sounds like Choppa from MTB... :lol:
laugh.gif
TEAMMUSICFORUM
Where Your Opinion is Wrong
And Lauryn Hill isn't on Lil' Wayne's level.​

oh yeah im not goin in ON NO ONE WIZE
I'm just telling them how to spell my name
Wise lol
"You might Ohsnapps88 for some cement 3's."​
Team SK3
We don't miss posts...we got auto updates.​

eek.gif
Young Wesley....[Beans] DON'T........DO THAT! [/Beans]
:lol:
laugh.gif
TEAMMUSICFORUM
Where Your Opinion is Wrong
And Lauryn Hill isn't on Lil' Wayne's level.​

Can we turn the beat down a tad bit lol?

"You might Ohsnapps88 for some cement 3's."​
Team SK3
We don't miss posts...we got auto updates.​

BOSS!! MY main man! Good looks!
Team Logic
When I was a child, I thought as a child, but now is the time for logic.
Except in the music forum. There? ANYTHING goes!!! - 2TMF2

This is wayyyyyyyyyyyy better .

WOWWWW .

Don't let me find out my little dude Wes trynna get better ... :lol:
laugh.gif

But ... but ... I don't think he should .
Pastelle coming soon .​

This is how I have it after 20 somethin listens the past few days(the revision included):

1. Jurisdiction - J Diction( :wow:
eek.gif
:pimp:
pimp.gif
......... :evil:
devil.gif
)

2. TIME - ImTime(cheated with the best part of the beat but lyrically this is where I have him right now)

3. J Danger - MrJHimself23(FIRE Id say interchangeable with #2)

4. DQ(Did this N_ just diss Soulja Boy? :rofl:
roll.gif
:smh:
smh.gif
whoeva he was talkin to he aimed for da head)

5. Boss - mrxdaboss(spittin strong was that you with da intro to ya verse wit da YEA!!!? funny :lol:
laugh.gif
)

6. Unsigned Hype(This dude was killin it :pimp:
pimp.gif
)

7. G.o.D. Jewels - Rifle Jordan(Ive heard way better but it either sounds you approached it with a laid back attitude or the mic was a lil low)

8. Wize - AJ23Datsme(Ive heard better word to NT mixtape)

9. 7th Letter - GolfAlphaBravoEcho(I liked it but I didnt hear anything that wow'd me)

10. Ran-Man(Tell me why dude sounds like somebody from da South Yung Won?)

11. Ace( :lol:
laugh.gif
ed off good but wth were you saying halfway thru to the ending?)

Usually in huge songs like these da only ppl that matter is who starts and who finishes this aint the case with this song. All in all this issh bumps hard in da whip.

:smokin
smokin.gif
Team Otaku
TeamWolfShirts
"Its painful how sexy I look in this."

Back
Top Bottom