'98 Fresno State Documentary - Between the Madness (Yes Skip Is Here)

pimp.gif
watched this when I was mad young

smh.gif
he shoulda been like Jason Williams

All these guys had kids

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

I have this somewhere on VHS.

I was rooting for Chris Herren when he was on the Nuggets during the 99-2000 season, too bad it didn't work out.

laugh.gif
@ Avondrae with the swords.
roll.gif
roll.gif
Bad Santa!! Dude was talkin about Avondre and that incident in one of the AND1episodes, I was
laugh.gif
eek.gif
after hearing that.

[font=Helvetica,Arial]Fresno State F Jones, G Brunner charged with assault, theft[/font]
Posted: Wed March 18, 1998 at 6:06 a.m EST
Fresno State forward Avondre Jones and Kenny Brunner, a guard who transferredfrom Georgetown late in the season, were arrested Tuesday morning and expected to be charged with assault and grand theft today in Fresno, California.According to the police report, which will be presented to the Fresno County District Attorney's office this morning, Jones, Brunner and the victim,22-year-old Colin DeForrest, were drinking in Jones' off-campus apartment following Monday's 83-80 victory over Memphis. An argument ensued, and Jonesallegedly brandished a handgun and activated the chamber as if to put a round in it. According to DeForrest, Jones began to wave the gun around in athreatening manner and put it in his face. When Jones was told the gun was loaded, he became concerned and put the gun down, only to take out samurai swords.He and Brunner then allegedly slapped DeForrest with the flat side of the swords on his torso and legs, and also scratched him with the front and back of thesword, leaving welts, abrasions, scratches and lacerations on DeForrest's legs and torso. At this point, DeForrest attempted to leave the apartment withhis backpack. But Jones and Brunner removed a camera and money from the backpack. DeForrest returned to his apartment, and with his roomate, returned toJones' apartment to try and recover his camera and money. When the two refused, DeForrest notified the authorities. "A warrantless arrest was madebecause elements created probable cause a crime was committed," said Lieutenant Jerry Davis of the Fresno Police Department. "Both were booked intothe Fresno County Jail and we have until 11 a.m. (today) to present the case to the district attorney's office, where it will be reviewed." Bulldogscoach Jerry Tarkanian released a statement through the school Tuesday. "I learned this morning that two members of our basketball program, Avondre Jonesand Kenny Brunner, were arrested late last night for suspected felonies. Needless to say, I was devastated to hear this. I couldn't even enjoy one nightafter a big victory." Jones, who played 24 minutes and scored six points in Monday night's 83-80 victory over Memphis, was dismissed from the team byTarkanian. He averaged 9.5 points and 6.8 rebounds in 24 games. "Avondre was playing under strict conditions, required by a Code of Conduct panel,"Tarkanian added. "Therefore, I have dismissed Avondre from the team immediately. I have suspended Kenny indefinitely from the basketball program pendingan investigation of the facts by the athletic director and the justice system." Brunner, a native of Compton, California, averaged 11.2 points and 7.3assists in 19 games for Georgetown before leaving the team, citing homesickness. Brunner would not have been eligible for the 1998-99 season as per NCAA rulesregarding transfers. The alleged incident comes two days after the CBS news magazine show "60 Minutes" did a piece on the Bulldogs' basketballprogram and Tarkanian, pointing out the number of players who have been disciplined and given second chances either arriving to play at Fresno State or duringthis season. "This has been a difficult season," said Tarkanian, who recorded his 14th consecutive 20-win season despite handing out a variety ofsuspensions this season for violations of team rules. "There is no excuse for behavior like this, and I will not tolerate a few individuals continuing togive black eyes to our program and our university. I won't rest until all members of our basketball program exhibit behavior everyone can be proudof." Jones is one of five Fresno State players who has missed time this season due to suspension or other problems. Point guard Rafer Alston missed thefirst game of the season after being suspended for an assault charge. Daymond Forney, who was suspended three different times due to violating team rules, quitthe team February 25th. Starting forward Tremaine Fowlkes was suspended two games for violating team rules, and starting shooting guard Chris Herren missedfive games, taking a personal leave to battle a substance-abuse problem.

That tutor did sooooooo much

Helpin out with recruits
laugh.gif

I gonna have to watch the rest of this tonight. Pretty dope so far. I completely forgot that Skip even played for FSU

roll.gif
roll.gif
Bad Santa!! Dude was talkin about Avondre and that incident in one of the AND1 episodes, I was
laugh.gif
eek.gif
after hearing that.

anybody have a video if that? i remember about brunner waaaaaaaaaaaaay back cuz he went to high school abouy 10-15 min 4m me and remember mybrother beasting over him

Originally Posted by Long Beach Vincey

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

I have this somewhere on VHS.

I was rooting for Chris Herren when he was on the Nuggets during the 99-2000 season, too bad it didn't work out.

laugh.gif
@ Avondrae with the swords.
roll.gif
roll.gif
Bad Santa!! Dude was talkin about Avondre and that incident in one of the AND1 episodes, I was
laugh.gif
eek.gif
after hearing that.

[font=Helvetica,Arial]Fresno State F Jones, G Brunner charged with assault, theft[/font]
Posted: Wed March 18, 1998 at 6:06 a.m EST
Fresno State forward Avondre Jones and Kenny Brunner, a guard who transferred from Georgetown late in the season, were arrested Tuesday morning and expected to be charged with assault and grand theft today in Fresno, California. According to the police report, which will be presented to the Fresno County District Attorney's office this morning, Jones, Brunner and the victim, 22-year-old Colin DeForrest, were drinking in Jones' off-campus apartment following Monday's 83-80 victory over Memphis. An argument ensued, and Jones allegedly brandished a handgun and activated the chamber as if to put a round in it. According to DeForrest, Jones began to wave the gun around in a threatening manner and put it in his face. When Jones was told the gun was loaded, he became concerned and put the gun down, only to take out samurai swords. He and Brunner then allegedly slapped DeForrest with the flat side of the swords on his torso and legs, and also scratched him with the front and back of the sword, leaving welts, abrasions, scratches and lacerations on DeForrest's legs and torso. At this point, DeForrest attempted to leave the apartment with his backpack. But Jones and Brunner removed a camera and money from the backpack. DeForrest returned to his apartment, and with his roomate, returned to Jones' apartment to try and recover his camera and money. When the two refused, DeForrest notified the authorities. "A warrantless arrest was made because elements created probable cause a crime was committed," said Lieutenant Jerry Davis of the Fresno Police Department. "Both were booked into the Fresno County Jail and we have until 11 a.m. (today) to present the case to the district attorney's office, where it will be reviewed." Bulldogs coach Jerry Tarkanian released a statement through the school Tuesday. "I learned this morning that two members of our basketball program, Avondre Jones and Kenny Brunner, were arrested late last night for suspected felonies. Needless to say, I was devastated to hear this. I couldn't even enjoy one night after a big victory." Jones, who played 24 minutes and scored six points in Monday night's 83-80 victory over Memphis, was dismissed from the team by Tarkanian. He averaged 9.5 points and 6.8 rebounds in 24 games. "Avondre was playing under strict conditions, required by a Code of Conduct panel," Tarkanian added. "Therefore, I have dismissed Avondre from the team immediately. I have suspended Kenny indefinitely from the basketball program pending an investigation of the facts by the athletic director and the justice system." Brunner, a native of Compton, California, averaged 11.2 points and 7.3 assists in 19 games for Georgetown before leaving the team, citing homesickness. Brunner would not have been eligible for the 1998-99 season as per NCAA rules regarding transfers. The alleged incident comes two days after the CBS news magazine show "60 Minutes" did a piece on the Bulldogs' basketball program and Tarkanian, pointing out the number of players who have been disciplined and given second chances either arriving to play at Fresno State or during this season. "This has been a difficult season," said Tarkanian, who recorded his 14th consecutive 20-win season despite handing out a variety of suspensions this season for violations of team rules. "There is no excuse for behavior like this, and I will not tolerate a few individuals continuing to give black eyes to our program and our university. I won't rest until all members of our basketball program exhibit behavior everyone can be proud of." Jones is one of five Fresno State players who has missed time this season due to suspension or other problems. Point guard Rafer Alston missed the first game of the season after being suspended for an assault charge. Daymond Forney, who was suspended three different times due to violating team rules, quit the team February 25th. Starting forward Tremaine Fowlkes was suspended two games for violating team rules, and starting shooting guard Chris Herren missed five games, taking a personal leave to battle a substance-abuse problem.

laugh.gif
That sounds like straight BS
so dude tellin us, he went to chill, got beat up, robbed at gun point and sword point.
then comes back to "ask for his camera and money back... knowing these same dudes just pulled a pistol and a sword on him?

anyone know how that case ended?

Chris Herren was really good, but even while talking he often sounded like a druggie. Plus to me it seemed that he was giving the "ayoo" vibesometimes. I dont know, but there was something suspect, but maybe thats just me though. Anybody knows what is he up to nowadays?

Gunna, Im with you on this one. I agree that it just doesnt sound right.

So that Kenny Brunner kid is Bad Santa from AND1? Man, I just dont get it how you can mess it up like that. First to get 11 and 7 and start all the games yourfrosh year at Georgetown, and than bounce around shools to finish up in some JuCo in Idaho.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Chris SMH. Grew up watching dude. Was my bball idol. I used to wear the high socks and the hair just like him.

Alexander, well last I heard he had a small stint in NO (where another former dog, Ely is currently at). Since then, I haven't seen him in Fresno..or heardof him playing anywhere.

OP great find. I'll be watching this when I get home from work.

Originally Posted by Ballin all day

Plus to me it seemed that he was giving the "ayoo" vibe sometimes. I dont know, but there was something suspect, but maybe thats just me though.
I can see that.

He really liked to kiss and rub on his teammates.

I thought COurtney had like a career ending injury.
at one point he was doin aight comin off the bench for Washington

Great documentary, I vaguely remember seeing live back then.

On another note, AlanFlowersHoopsBlog
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
. I been lookin for "On Hallowed Ground" for years and dude has it.

damnn...wanted to to c this bad

Larry Abney
pimp.gif
.......ne place to pick this up,? looked online but cant find+#*%

Back
Top Bottom