___BMW recalls 200,000 luxury vehicles___but your M3s are safe

[h1] [/h1]
[h1]BMW recalls 200,000 luxury vehicles [/h1] [h2] Some Rolls-Royce models also affected by potential leak in power braking system [/h2]

100930-phantom-hmed-3a.grid-6x2.jpg

WASHINGTON — BMW of North America said Thursday it will recall nearly 200,000 luxury vehicles to fix leaks that could develop in the power braking system.

The recall involves BMW 5 Series, 6 Series and 7 Series vehicles powered by V8 and V12 engines from the 2002-2010 model years and certain Rolls-Royce Motor Cars from the 2003-2010 m
The German automaker said in a statement a leak could develop in the power braking system, leading to a vacuum loss and the reduction of power braking assistance. Mechanical braking is still available to slow and stop the vehicle, the company said.
BWM said there have been no reports of accidents or injuries.

Vehicles covered by the recall include: 2002-2008 BMW 745i/Li, 750i/Li and 760i/Li; 2007-2008 BMW Alpina B7; 2004-2010 BMW 645i and 650i; and 2004-2010 BMW 545i and 550i. The recall also includes 2003-2010 Rolls Royce Phantom models. The automaker said the Rolls-Royce Ghost is not affected.

BMW said it had prepared an inspection-and-repair procedure and would distribute replacement parts throughout its North American dealer network. Owners will be notified by mail in the coming weeks and asked to schedule an appointment with their dealer to check their vehicle.

The company said drivers who experience reduce power braking assistance should immediately schedule a service appointment.
Story: Post-crisis Paris auto show looks to China
Owners can contact BMW at 800-525-7417.

Originally Posted by KayCurrency

I heard we still gotta drop bread for the inspection .... Im takin mine in on tuesday

thats ******ed if true.

I heard we still gotta drop bread for the inspection .... Im takin mine in on tuesday
yea i put that in my post but it got yuku'd  -

looks like unless you get a letter you have to pay for the inspection
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

Originally Posted by Nothin4ever

Originally Posted by Crumbs

thats ******ed if true.
THAT SHOULD BE LITE CHANGE TO YOU OWNERS THO

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Got'em...
grin.gif

got who and how? it should be light change...i dont see anyone complaining about the actual cost- even if it was $20 it would be an issue....its more the PRINCIPLE that there is a recall with a potentially dangerous component of your BRAKES and instead of offering a fix, you have to pay to see IF you have the problem before they fix it...

carry on...

anybody got a link? Gotta forward this to my pops...

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/wireStory?id=11773832

i don't know if i should feel bad for not making the list or relieved that it's another guap of money that I just saved..

my e46 has been all but cheap when it comes to maintenance.

Originally Posted by supa vegetto

i don't know if i should feel bad for not making the list or relieved that it's another guap of money that I just saved..

my e46 has been all but cheap when it comes to maintenance.

Why would you want to make the recalled list?

thats ******ed if true.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Got'em...
Yeah.... um, I don't get it...

I dont care about paying for the inspection... but I've never heard a of a recall where you have to pay to see if your car is affected with the potential problem...

thats ******ed if true.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Got'em...
Yeah.... um, I don't get it...

I dont care about paying for the inspection... but I've never heard a of a recall where you have to pay to see if your car is affected with the potential problem...
guess we "got'em" ?
30t6p3b.gif

grin.gif

Back
Top Bottom