[[__Cali STAYS Takin' L's vol. *%+ is this?__]]

I'm from Seattle, my sister lives in Lower East side Manhattan, I go to school in southern california. I dont feel the need to argue over which state is better, but I will say it's nice to be able to wear a t-shirt year-round. I went to the beach this weekend. California is just more relaxed and laid back, New York feels too much like a free-for-all.

Facts:
New York City might as well be the capital of the world.
L.A. weather and females > New York City seasons and women (Sorry everyone, the people here in cali are gorgeous)
N.Y.C. nightlife = L.A. nightlife
N.Y.C. public transportation > L.A. public transportation
Any airport > Going through JFK security
Cost of living in L.A.> Cost of living in N.Y.C.

It also hurts a lot to hear NTers hating on gay people so hard. I think it's a good thing for progressive places like SF to exist. Gay marriage doesn't affect you in any way, why act like its any different from racism.

but i must say.... Seattle summer > anywhere else. 85 degrees on the lake is unbeatable.

2006821venicebeachl65.jpg
>
car_snow.jpg

Originally Posted by Murray497

I'm from Seattle, my sister lives in Lower East side Manhattan, I go to school in southern california. I dont feel the need to argue over which state is better, but I will say it's nice to be able to wear a t-shirt year-round. I went to the beach this weekend. California is just more relaxed and laid back, New York feels too much like a free-for-all.

Facts:
New York City might as well be the capital of the world.
L.A. weather and females > New York City seasons and women (Sorry everyone, the people here in cali are gorgeous)
N.Y.C. nightlife = L.A. nightlife
N.Y.C. public transportation > L.A. public transportation
Any airport > Going through JFK security
Cost of living in L.A.> Cost of living in N.Y.C.

It also hurts a lot to hear NTers hating on gay people so hard. I think it's a good thing for progressive places like SF to exist. Gay marriage doesn't affect you in any way, why act like its any different from racism.

but i must say.... Seattle summer > anywhere else. 85 degrees on the lake is unbeatable.

pimp.gif

Love how these always end up as battles of individual vids/pics/gifs. And everyone loves to talk about sports but since when has NY produced anything on the collegiate level? Go ahead, tell me all about Syracuse, like you drove through the city and actually noticed it.

Say what you want, but even the worst that CA has to offer still LOOKS good...

southern%20california%20fire-jj-001.jpg

Originally Posted by Young Safari

seattle-skyline-with-space-needle.jpg

That is all.

- Safari​
Chill w/this. That view is only available from about 6 homes, and you know it. And none of them are for sale. I spend a decent portion of my time in Washington, and its ridiculously underrated, but don't lie to kids like Mt. Rainer is ski-able and the Key Arena isn't vacant. Two of the best sports facilities in the world, though. And if the County stops blocking airlines moving to Boeing Field it'll be another +1 for WA.

its funny

but to see you guys take it serious
indifferent.gif
goes to show how small minded some of you are

in my opinion though:

Cali > NY

People from NY usually don't adjust well to Cali. It really is two different worlds and two different states of mind. I'm from NY and lived out west in Vegas for years and spent plenty of time going to socal and I would NEVER move back there unless there was like 6 or 7 figures involved.

People from Cali tend not to like NY cause... well, people are a little cocky about NY and the city just has a different vibe. We're friendly, but not too friendly. It's also just a faster pace. You can't stand at the counter at McDonald's trying to figure out what you want and taking anything more than 4 seconds to say your order, those little dominican girls working the counter will get pissed as all hell!

Originally Posted by Lex Starks

Originally Posted by soggymayo

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

http://www.youtube.com/v/sFav9P54JUA&hl=en_US&fs=1&http://www.youtube.com/v/sFav9P54JUA&hl=en_US&fs=1&

indifferent.gif

Furthermore,

Where's that pic of those limp @+# wristed kids on a basketball court doing poses with santana bandanas and short @+# shirts?
1a415641b6e9deac6cec9676f7001017c5dbe17.gif
CALI>>>>>>>>>>>>>NYC We have backyards...cars......and the sun.
You also have earthquakes, mudslides and wildfires.
/ Thread!

Why do people even compare Cali and NY when CA is damn near a whole coast? A better Comparison would be the East Coast > Cali. If you want to compare LA vs NYC, it isn't even close. Only thing better in LA is the weather.

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

indifferent.gif

Furthermore,

Where's that pic of those limp @+# wristed kids on a basketball court doing poses with santana bandanas and short @+# shirts?

I wonder if shes 18yet....

People only bring up jerkin to discredit Cali.. ol' chicken noodle soup, Lil' mama having, non-beach having, ... Naw i'm playing i appreciate NY and all other states But i love Cali though.

Originally Posted by Laced Up Jordans

BTW, I hope yall dont forget that 2 of your MLB teams are also originally from New York.

haha. love how this is a compliment for NY and ignores the fact that two teams WANTED OUT of NY. i also love how it ignores common sense. Europeans settled the East coast first, naturally cities on the eastern seaboard are going to be more populous than West coast cities in the early part of development. 

and who are these clowns mentioning the Mets and Rangers? what have they done in the past decade that the Giants/Angels/Sharks haven't done??

and if you want to claim the historical greatness of the Yankees then you have to mention the Athletics, Dodgers, 49ers and Raiders.

whenever CA has something that NY doesn't, dudes say "we just cross the GWB" or "its a few hours away in..." get that BS outta here. if we're gonna go that route then CA gets credit for vegas, reno/tahoe, grand canyon, lake havasu and tijuana.

"if you can make it here..." how is that relevant? "if you can make burgers here" is more appropriate. 1% of the people on this board are going to do something outstanding w/their life, why does it matter if people are forging a career in accounting in NY or CA? "wow, that dude really cranks out 10-Qs. AND HE DOES IT IN NY, OMGGGGGGGGGG!!!" gmafb. that kind of thinking is exactly why these stupid threads exist. you guys in NY think everything you're part of is some monumental event that will transcend generations. you guys swear like flipping bricks in Bed-Stuy makes you better than a kid w/a grow house in Humbodlt. lets just stick to things that are actually relevant to 99% of the population. 

i'll take sunsets and satellite tv over sewer vents and artificial light every day. both cities/states are great but you can keep your North Face and foot patrol/subway. i'd much rather wear some Tevas on my drive to the beach - which, fyi, has sun and sand year round. i can go to Costco w/o a ZipCar or a $300 cab. that's all i need to know.

carrie-prejean-pic.jpg

3-years-in-fashion-photo-gallery_miss-new-york-tracey-chang1.jpg

my work here is done

First of all Norcal>Socal, but that is beside the point. Secondly New York is nice! Beautiful city and I love it, Cali is gorgeous too. I think it basically comes down to what kind of weather and style you like. CA is warm all around and people are laid back, NY has that coldness and everyone is on their grind.

Let us unite...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuMBmK5uksg&feature=fvw

Originally Posted by TacC4

Originally Posted by Laced Up Jordans

BTW, I hope yall dont forget that 2 of your MLB teams are also originally from New York.

haha. love how this is a compliment for NY and ignores the fact that two teams WANTED OUT of NY. i also love how it ignores common sense. Europeans settled the East coast first, naturally cities on the eastern seaboard are going to be more populous than West coast cities in the early part of development. 

and who are these clowns mentioning the Mets and Rangers? what have they done in the past decade that the Giants/Angels/Sharks haven't done??

and if you want to claim the historical greatness of the Yankees then you have to mention the Athletics, Dodgers, 49ers and Raiders.

whenever CA has something that NY doesn't, dudes say "we just cross the GWB" or "its a few hours away in..." get that BS outta here. if we're gonna go that route then CA gets credit for vegas, reno/tahoe, grand canyon, lake havasu and tijuana.

"if you can make it here..." how is that relevant? "if you can make burgers here" is more appropriate. 1% of the people on this board are going to do something outstanding w/their life, why does it matter if people are forging a career in accounting in NY or CA? "wow, that dude really cranks out 10-Qs. AND HE DOES IT IN NY, OMGGGGGGGGGG!!!" gmafb. that kind of thinking is exactly why these stupid threads exist. you guys in NY think everything you're part of is some monumental event that will transcend generations. you guys swear like flipping bricks in Bed-Stuy makes you better than a kid w/a grow house in Humbodlt. lets just stick to things that are actually relevant to 99% of the population. 

i'll take sunsets and satellite tv over sewer vents and artificial light every day. both cities/states are great but you can keep your North Face and foot patrol/subway. i'd much rather wear some Tevas on my drive to the beach - which, fyi, has sun and sand year round. i can go to Costco w/o a ZipCar or a $300 cab. that's all i need to know.

carrie-prejean-pic.jpg

3-years-in-fashion-photo-gallery_miss-new-york-tracey-chang1.jpg

my work here is done

/thread

tacc4 pretty much saved me 10 minutes of typing.

i find it funny that these threads are always started by New Yorkers
laugh.gif
like they have to try to prove that their state doesnt suck when the rest of States knows it does.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by JumpmanFromDaBay

laugh.gif
like they have to try to prove that their state doesnt suck when the rest of States knows it does.
laugh.gif

New York does not suck and it definitely has reasons to be in discussion for being one of the best cities in the US. its just that alot of NYers bring up some dumb @#$% like "we have the best deli sandwiches" ( 
laugh.gif
) or "giants>49ers" or "freezing weather>sunshine year round". NYers will never accept that there are drawbacks to their city (just like any other major city), they think its a fact that EVERYTHING is better in NYC, even when majority of NYC is just an average-below average place to live besides Manhattan

Originally Posted by nawlinsjunkie

Originally Posted by JumpmanFromDaBay

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

New York does not suck and it definitely has reasons to be in discussion for being one of the best cities in the US. its just that alot of NYers bring up some dumb @#$% like "we have the best deli sandwiches" ( 
laugh.gif
) or "giants>49ers" or "freezing weather>sunshine year round". NYers will never accept that there are drawbacks to their city (just like any other major city), they think its a fact that EVERYTHING is better in NYC, even when majority of NYC is just an average-below average place to live besides Manhattan

it's alot of ny dudes that ride their city like theres no tomorrow and pretty much they come across as a bunch of clowns for that,   i feel the same way towards dudes i know who just say LA > anywhere else in the world  yet going to orange county is like a vacation to them since they rarely ever leave LA county.

each city has their upside and downside,  and for every group of skinny jean jerking clowns from cali, i could point out just as many clowns riding the subway on a daily basis in new york.

i've spent significant time in both LA and NYC throughout my life  and I would prefer to live in NYC over LA any day of the week,  im not saying that it sucks living here in LA but theres more stuff to do in NYC and the city doesn't sleep while most of LA goes to bed at 2am on weekends.

Statewise though California > New York

Back
Top Bottom