[[__Fellow CUNY Heads: I need your help! vol. *WN GRADE__]]

Aiight so heres the deal, I just checked eSims to see my grade. I go look at my English 101 class and I have a *WN for a grade. So, confused as hell, look atthe grading policy for my college (Queensborough Community College) and I see this:

Establishment of *WN grade: Beginning Fall 2009, WN administrative withdrawals will have no impact on astudent's grade point average. Where the college has established that a student did not begin attendance, the college must assign the administrative gradeof *WN for that course. Courses with the grade of *WN will not be included as an eligible course for the distribution of federal financial aid

[table][tr][td]*WN[/td] [td][color= rgb(0, 0, 204)]Administrative Withdrawal - student did not begin attendance. - Effective starting Fall 2009[/color][/td] [td]No impact on GPA[/td] [/tr][/table]
I'm confused cuz this was a Late Start class and I missed the first full 2 weeks of class but after that I have regularly attended with 2-3 absences inthere. I checked my syllabus and it says if I miss more that x amount of classes my grade will be dropped by one third for every class I miss. But whatsbothering me is that I HAVE BEEN ATTENDING CLASS and never had any notice from my professor or from the college that I would be getting a *WN grade. I havealready sent emails to the registrar and advisement office right now but I'd just like to ask for some help from the CUNY students here on NT.

You need to speak to the Professor directly and try to do it ASAP.

The longer you wait the harder it will be to resolve.

missed 2 weeks and 3 absences , sounds like the prof. just dropped you and didnt say anything either that or I think they're doing web attendance in CUNYnow so the computer probably did that on its own. discuss with your professor not NT

Originally Posted by conv3rge

missed 2 weeks and 3 absences , sounds like the prof. just dropped you and didnt say anything either that or I think they're doing web attendance in CUNY now so the computer probably did that on its own discuss with your professor not NT
the thing is its 2 classes a week.

But I mean why would she do that for? I mean she even graded ALL my papers with 85s-95s.

I already emailed her asking what happened and if we could setup a meeting to discuss it but I just wanted to know if anyone went through the same thing

Originally Posted by HueyP in LouieV

You need to speak to the Professor directly and try to do it ASAP.

The longer you wait the harder it will be to resolve.
It could be an error from the 1st 2 weeks and she just didn't realize. But do it ASAP.. I had troubles once removing a WU (unofficialwithdrawal from kbcc) and had to jump through hoops and so much paper work because I waited too long.

Originally Posted by Laced Up Jordans

Originally Posted by conv3rge

missed 2 weeks and 3 absences , sounds like the prof. just dropped you and didnt say anything either that or I think they're doing web attendance in CUNY now so the computer probably did that on its own discuss with your professor not NT
the thing is its 2 classes a week.

But I mean why would she do that for? I mean she even graded ALL my papers with 85s-95s.

I already emailed her asking what happened and if we could setup a meeting to discuss it but I just wanted to know if anyone went through the same thing

so 4 + the 3 classes u missed. Thats 7 absences usually the computer only allows for like 3

Back
Top Bottom