*_Need help picking out one of these TVs. Please!_*

Samsung all the way! Me and my bro have the 42" one and the LED and Super Black are PIMPIN!!!!

I really appreciate the size advice Mr. Monday...but I just can't imagine getting a 32' right now.
laugh.gif

Thanks everyone for the help so far. Its funny, a Samsung was my first choice and I didn't realize I didn't post one. Didn't know it had so manysupporters though. Also, that LED TV looks incredible. I'd kill to get an LED, but the prices are ridiculously high for those. Def can't afford that.

Nnarum, your probably the first person that recommended a Plasma to me. Any reason why? I heard after a while, people start having problems with the way thecolors are displayed. Or something like that, and that replacing/repairing them are more of a pain than an LCD.

Isn't it suppose to make the color brighter since that's an advantage that the plasma has over the LCD?

Originally Posted by Crank Lucas

Originally Posted by MR MONDAY NIIGHT

A 40 in a bedroom is a bit excessive. you're gonna kill your eyes b
I got a 46 in the bedroom, its amazing, I dont see how it would hurt your eyes unless you live in a hut

but OP, go for sony or samsung, dont settle for anything less, its not worth, you got spotted a ridiculous amount of money now man up and complete the rest for a sony/samsung!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've got me a 52 in my room lol. It is a bit on the large side, but where I watch from is pretty far away from the TV. I'll only get close when playingvideo games.

Originally Posted by visualmusiC

Nnarum, your probably the first person that recommended a Plasma to me. Any reason why? I heard after a while, people start having problems with the way the colors are displayed. Or something like that, and that replacing/repairing them are more of a pain than an LCD.
plasmas ( pioneer kuro) have better looking blacks compared to an LCD and better color accuracy. replacing a plasma is the same as a LCD they bothlast the same amount of time with normal daily usage. If you're getting a LCD make use its a sony or a samsung

Originally Posted by lexflex81

Samsung all the way! Me and my bro have the 42" one and the LED and Super Black are PIMPIN!!!!
I've got the same exact television in LED.

JR5

go to avsforum.com instead, these guys just name drop, do your research there. You have the model numbers sign up there and read people's opinions.

Originally Posted by salbah3

go to avsforum.com instead, these guys just name drop, do your research there. You have the model numbers sign up there and read people's opinions.
This is the only good advice so far in this thread.

Seriously. AVSforums guys know what they're talking about. And there's probably already an existing thread in there where someone has asked the samequestions as you, with the same parameters.

Originally Posted by AllDay AllNight

Originally Posted by salbah3

This is the only good advice so far in this thread.

Seriously. AVSforums guys know what they're talking about. And there's probably already an existing thread in there where someone has asked the same questions as you, with the same parameters.
You think they only post on there?

-avs member
pimp.gif

You think they only post on there?

-avs member
pimp.gif
Yeah, but you'll notice that you haven't recommended a brand name or even LCD/Plasma/LED at this point. Because you know better, andbecause there are so many different factors that account into buying the TV that's right for your own situation.

Problem is, the rest of NT will just come in and say "X Brand is that piffery
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
" or "You can't go wrong with _______!" or"Dude I work at Best Buy, I am pretty much an EXPERT at TVs. Buy an Insignia."

Those type of comments make me want to vomit.

Plasma is the closest to CRT, or good ole' tube TV... Which has been the standard for a long time.

Plasma is great because it has the fastest refresh rate out of all flat panel displays.
It also has better blacks, which translates into other colors being better because of the greater contrast. Greens are greener, blues are bluer. You get theidea.

Overall it's just a better picture. And you're going to be looking at it for a long time. Don't let the bright LCDs in the store sway you, theirsettings are much higher than what you'd probably use anyway.

kuro-01.jpg

kuro-03.jpg

^Wow, not thats pretty great man. I really appreciate all the help, seriously. I'll def be looking into plasmas. That screen looks incredible.
smokin.gif

And thanks for that web site guys. I'll look at it in the next few minutes.

i'd go lcd and use the rest on a nice 2.1 setup
But generally plasma is cheaper...
nerd.gif

Actually, I think your reply was sarcastic...
nerd.gif

If so
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom