A Bill Gates Venture Aims To Spray Dust Into The Atmosphere To Block The Sun. What Could Go Wrong?

:smh::stoneface:

Microsoft’s MSFT +0.4% billionaire founder Bill Gates is financially backing the development of sun-dimming technology that would potentially reflect sunlight out of Earth’s atmosphere, triggering a global cooling effect. The Stratospheric Controlled Perturbation Experiment (SCoPEx), launched by Harvard University scientists, aims to examine this solution by spraying non-toxic calcium carbonate (CaCO3) dust into the atmosphere — a sun-reflecting aerosol that may offset the effects of global warming.
Widespread research into the efficacy of solar geoengineering has been stalled for years due to controversy. Opponents believe such science comes with unpredictable risks, including extreme shifts in weather patterns not dissimilar to warming trends we are already witnessing. Environmentalists similarly fear that a dramatic shift in mitigation strategy will be treated as a green light to continue emitting greenhouse gases with little to no changes in current consumption and production patterns.

......mmmmmmm not feeling this, at all.

Opponents believe such science comes with unpredictable risks, including extreme shifts in weather patterns not dissimilar to warming trends we are already witnessing.

This was basically my biggest concern as soon as I saw the title of your post. The worst part is that you know it will be tested in underdeveloped countries first and they'll bear the negative effects before it makes it's way to flourishing nations |l

This was basically my biggest concern as soon as I saw the title of your post. The worst part is that you know it will be tested in underdeveloped countries first and they'll bear the negative effects before it makes it's way to flourishing nations |l
Of course they will.

What could possibly go wrong?!?!

Why wypipo so afraid of the sun?
Went to the beach with my white buddy once and he wanted to stop by the pharmacy to pick up some sunscreen. Coo. So we're in the lotion aisle and he is like "10 SPF... nah, can't do parabens.... 15+ hmm... excuse me, do you carry 25 SPF sunscreen with UV protection?"
I was like, mother****er if you don't throw some coconut oil in your basket so we can get the hell on :angry:

All over some sun??? That **** feel good af bro

Went to the beach with my white buddy once and he wanted to stop by the pharmacy to pick up some sunscreen. Coo. So we're in the lotion aisle and he is like "10 SPF... nah, can't do parabens.... 15+ hmm... excuse me, do you carry 25 SPF sunscreen with UV protection?"
I was like, mother****er if you don't throw some coconut oil in your basket so we can get the hell on :angry:

There's the whole skin cancer thing

sunscreen vital.

anyways elon need to get crackin on mars, asap and let bill gates and the rest play god down here.

Not worried.

If they ever manage to do this it will have more detrimental effects on humanity before it has any progress in reducing global warming.

Melanin, the gift of our ancestors, the reason why others are envious!

There are others here who'll take it to that toxic level and say, no worries if the sun gets too hot!

I'll simply throw up an umbrella, then keep it moving! Sunny california is beautiful today!

Nobody:

Bill Gates/Earth:
5 percent tint so you can't see up in my windows

WideeyedLightGermanspaniel-small.gif

Back
Top Bottom