A black police officer complained about racism. He says his department retaliated by firing him.

Discussion in 'General' started by hand2handking, Nov 19, 2016.

1. hand2handking

hand2handking

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...aliated-by-firing-him/?utm_term=.72fbeafbe152

thoughts? [​IMG]  

2. SC kid

SC kid

I think that turned out well

3. lamekilla

lamekilla

Cops don't like snitches either. Who would've thought?

4. hand2handking

hand2handking

is it really snitching when you see colleagues discriminate against people of your color?

5. lamekilla

lamekilla

Would we expect a justice system governed by white supremacy to act any different?

handullz likes this.
  6. hand2handking

hand2handking

im jus sayin u said snitching like he broke code with racists

7. jjs07

jjs07

8. OBAMA

OBAMA formerly kill moves

White supremacists in orange county california? No way man, im not buying it.

9. Belgium

Belgium formerly colombia

Snitching or not, reporting racism in the police system is a civic duty.

Cops should be applauding that rather than shunning it. But we all know how the blue wall of silence works.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2016
  10. rico x hood

rico x hood

So he didn't experience racism? He heard name-calling?

11. Belgium

Racial slurs and other derogatory terms. There's various degrees of racism.

Using racial slurs is still racism at the end of the day.

That kind of behavior does not belong in the police force and should carry severe penalties.

Police officers are supposed to uphold justice, not uphold racial bias.

12. rico x hood

rico x hood

What I see is an overly sensitive man. Listen bro, politically incorrect **** happens everywhere, in every damn industry. And there's a level of understanding that **** just happens. There's a code and he broke it.

I liken this **** to construction workers talking about women and now imagine the dude who works the wracking ball decides to complain to the foreman that some of the men are referring to women in a derogatory way. It's overly sensitive ********.

I used to work in a restaurant when I was younger, the **** I'd hear in the kitchen might make Lil Wayne cringe. But it is what it is, it's all jokes and people take it in stride.

jhowlett likes this.
  13. skurrtskurrt29

skurrtskurrt29

Just because people are used to something going on doesn't make it right. In what way is referring to a part of town "N*gger Hill" a joke? There's nothing comical about that.

14. RIP sleazyy

RIP sleazyy

If you overheard your boss talking about ******* or make repeated references to racism on multiple occasions, would you let it go and go on about your day?

15. rico x hood

rico x hood

All jokes aren't funny to everyone. That's why I called him overly sensitive. Unless these guys was out harassing black and gay people or any overt discrimination which I didn't see mentioned in the article. Then this guy literally complained about name calling.

16. RIP sleazyy

RIP sleazyy

I asked if you would be personally offended or would you let it go if you heard your boss using the word ****** and making repeated references to racism.

17. jjs07

jjs07

Yeah, but what you may tolerate is not the same for everyone else. Can't treat the workplace as an environment where you can let anything fly, then get upset when someone gets offended or reports you to HR.

18. Belgium

Construction workers aren't officers of the law. They build things. Whatever views they have does not affect their ability to do their job unless they go around harassing people on the job.

Reporting racism in the police force isn't about being sensitive or being personally offended. Racial bias is a significant problem in the police force and it can have terrible effects on their job performance. Why do you think a judge ruled stop and frisk as unconstitutional in NYC? Because NY police officers' racial bias had a clear negative influence on their interactions with the civilians they're supposed to protect against injustice.

And as we've seen in more extreme cases, that racial bias can lead to the tragic loss of a civilian's life.

Letting that kind of behavior slide in the police force, however innocent it may seem, is detrimental to both the police and the citizens it's supposed to protect.

hand2handking likes this.
  19. rico x hood

rico x hood

Of course I would. I'm black. I don't condone white people saying it around me and speak up. If I were ID holla at the training officer personally. And also the article stated that officer told the black dude "they used to call it ****** hill" and then on the radio he almost said it. Come on now. Dude was too damn sensitive.

20. rico x hood

rico x hood

And that's why I said if there were instances of overt discrimination towards blacks and gays then this guy would have a leg to stand on. But based on the article, I saw no evidence of that.