A BRIEF HISTORY OF NIKETALK (*VOL 2)

If you wanted to create a list of the 10 Most Important Posts in NikeTalk history, the unveiling of the Air Jordan XV1 sketches by Method Man automatically registers a slot.

At the point in time, NikeTalk, though still a relative newborn, was off the ground and running, trajectory long and wide. Sneaker connoisseurs were continuing to make the migration from various parts of the Internet and globe to a little hideout on a pub4 EZboard server when the AJ XVI sketches impacted. NTer SLAMed dropped the bombshell in print with KICKS3. The real domino effect commenced.

Anyone who follows the online sneaker scene for longer than a year knows that the ultimate pull is the annual, initial unraveling of next year's brand new Air Jordan model. A critical mass hadn't formed yet to witness this epochal sneakerhead event until the Air Jordan XV. Six more followed. The XV1 began the first of many to make their worldwide public debut on NikeTalk.

(Credit: Method Man)
aj_xvi_sketch_shroud-meth.jpg

aj_xvi_sketch_noshroud-meth.jpg

Original issue: *Volumes may be non-sequitur.

Bonus #1: Phil Knight once posted on NikeTalk.
Bonus #2: His post was subsequently deleted.

Wow....talk about "back in the day" niketalk style....

Do you have the first sketches of the XV's? I think that was one of Niketalk's first big news posts.
"If you say 'last shots or breds', you better be talking about alcohol or Wonderbread."

ijapino:

Actually, XV's were scooped in the summer of '99 by Greg's Nike World. The last of the personally-run sneaker sites. NikeTalk crushed everyone else. R.I.P.

-Steez
A simple site which died of complications.

the good old days. what ever happened to EKIN702? i always trusted him when he dropped info.

<--- i stole this avatar. thanks to whoever made it

Oh Yeah, I remember that.

"If you say 'last shots or breds', you better be talking about alcohol or Wonderbread."

amazing post! so many memories I have a ton of pics to unload on you all,

so in the famous words of the great EKIN702

BRB :wink:
wink.gif

s 12-29,VINTAGE STUFF REEBOK preseason Emmit Smith sz 13 & FILA STACKHOUSE MID 1996 SICK! both $9.99[/url][/center]

nike13zipper3.jpe

I can't believe I fudged the FP detail. And I'm too proud to edit! See: above.

-Steeplechase
purely out of habit...

i remember when Method Man posted those XVI Sketches. He was like the king of niketalk and from what i remember that was the first longest post on niketalk. The soles of the XVIs are HOTT, but in real life they become piss yellow. i always hated that they changed those yellow squares from the White/Blue XVI soles to orange squares.

XVI soles (posted by Method Man)
xvi_sole.jpg

(posted by ???)
xvi_sketches.jpg%20

First real pic of the XVIs
j97u2w.jpg

j97vgl.jpg%20

Method Man's One year Aniversary present to Niketalk
Real pics of the White/Blue XVIs:

j97scx.jpg%20

j97zgl.jpg

some people should remember these pics (one of the first pic of the XVIs)

j97vyv.jpg

j97w2v.jpg%20

i remember that the Spacejams were so HOT that nike talk had to make a seperate forum. later on the Spacejam forum became the "Jordan XI" forum

archiepiscopal's pic of the retro spacejams
j97pjd.jpg

some guy with hella Spacejams
spacejams1.jpg

Edit: Nike Town, I had to commandeer the photo sizing, bro. Disregard the post below. No hard feelings. I wear soft contacts.

Second page dammit! SECOND PAGE!!!

You've completely ruined the spacing now. A full hour of photoshop resizing gone down the carpel tunnel.

-saline steez
i knew i should have waited 'til sunday night

^^ OM effin GOSH that is just insane,,, I wish I had all those Space Jams,,, that is 007's times what? 15 pairs thurr>> stupid nice,,,,
IMMORTAL ICONS= 2PAC SHAKUR (KING of RAP)
MICHAEL JORDAN (Nuff said)
DEION SANDERS (Prime time baby)
HULK HOGAN (Whatcha gonna do Brother?)
VIDA GUERRA (My wifey and a GODDESS)
" I unDS ON RELEASE DAY"

If you dont remember this then you aren't an "OG"....

ed cracking jokes about his brother putting the shoe in his ear like he can hear the ocean in it. He even made a special hate site to NT.

I actually love his site, he had sneakers months/years before release. All colors off the XI including wht/red, wht/carolina, wht/citrus, wht/zen. His Posite Collection is crazy!

I believe he was the first to show actual model of the XVI and XVII. Also the prototype XVI with the blue "bubble" unit. I wish I had saved pics.

First and last respected dude who sell FAKES/VARIENTS. Sold blk/red XI for 90.00 shipped. This was the time before we knew retroes were dropping. People were just fiening for some blk/red XI.

. :wow:
eek.gif

metro.pop(?) April Fools. ed making his own tee like Miskeen, even before that company blew up. Where that dude now?

:smile:
smile.gif
wow i remember those sketches of the XVI's, i remember printing those out and staring at them al day and night :rofl:
roll.gif

Thanks Steez for the time you are putting in on this. I have been here for a while, but its nice to know where NT has come from. It will help us to know where we are going.

Back
Top Bottom