A Concise History of Black-White Race Relations in the U.S.

Originally Posted by CallHimAR

You don't get it dude. Stop trying to put rich black people in one category and poor black people in another. The fact still remains that for the majority of this countries history until very recently black people as a whole have been second class citizens regardless of income and to some extent is still true even with a black President (NY POST cartoon?). The last panel is showing that when black people as a whole ask for a help up white peoples general response was...you can read it. Stop complicating it.
Completely irrelevant since our previous President has an entire website dedicated to comparing him to chimps.

Bush Or Chimp?

Not nearly the same, but okay.
laugh.gif

Haze... do you think its more about race or a socio-economic status?

if you say both, thats cool, but if you had to pick one, which would it be?

i think replacing the white guy with just a rich dude and the black guy with a poor dude would make this cartoon more accurate

Originally Posted by r33p04s

Originally Posted by nYcHipHopHippo

You don't get it dude. Stop trying to put rich black people in one category and poor black people in another. The fact still remains that for the majority of this countries history until very recently black people as a whole have been second class citizens regardless of income and to some extent is still true even with a black President (NY POST cartoon?). The last panel is showing that when black people as a whole ask for a help up white peoples general response was...you can read it. Stop complicating it.
Completely irrelevant since our previous President has an entire website dedicated to comparing him to chimps.

Bush Or Chimp?

I didn't see any of those pictures depicting him being shot by the police
eyes.gif

and there is a long history of racism in comparing black people to monkeys...its offensive plain and simple

The reason that the chimp was being shot by police was another story from the previous days news that involved an incident where police had to murder a chimp who mauled its owner. I am in no way saying that the cartoon was tasteful political commentary, but it is kind of ridiculous to just ignore the fact that our previous President was compared to a monkey for pretty much his entire second term.

To your second point, if it was any other paper that published the cartoon, I'd argue, but quite frankly I wouldn't put it past that disgusting tabloid to stoop that low.

in bold :We all know that and even if it was completely innocent (doubtful) even then it is insensitive and offensive given the history...
underlined : so we agree...

Not going to argue anymore, I just can't comprehend why its hilarious when a white person is compared to a chimp, but a tasteless cartoon can garner somuch anger and frustration and is automatically assumed to be racist.

the history behind it dude...you can't just erase it like it never happened...there's more to things than surface value man...
i'm not trying to argue i'm just trying to give you another point of view

Originally Posted by ThizzBaby

i don't really get it... maybe cuzz I'm not black?
you dont have to be black to get the point.
I was thinking about this picture since im going through an argument now where certain non black people are behind computer screens saying things like"why cant black people advance if other races are?". Other races weren't enslaved in america for hundreds of years!!!!

^ exactly why we're called a nation of cowards
as far as I'm concerned if people (even if its one person) still don't understand and are oblivious to it the conversation needs to be had

Originally Posted by thagreatj

Haze... do you think its more about race or a socio-economic status?

if you say both, thats cool, but if you had to pick one, which would it be?

At the end of the day...they go hand in hand.

The racial caste system developed as a way to manipulate and enslave the so-called "colored" peoples of the world.

Europeans needed to amass resources in foreign territories so they turned the world on it's head and dehumanized every living population outside of Europe.

Now that they have plundered the globe, entrenched interests would like to make it seem as if white superiority has somehow vanished and the primary motivationand guiding force behind everything is purely economic. The reality of the situation is...for the current global economic system to remain intact...whitesuperiority and racial hierarchy must remain intact. One cannot exist without the other.

From the N_s, to the injuns, to the "ay-rabs", to the ****, to the ch_ _ks, to the indigenous Australians, to the real East Indians....the Europeanhas used race (and an alien system of beliefs) as a method of stripping indigenous peoples of their share of their Earth. After they have set up shop andeffectively control the land and property of others, then it may begin looking like a socio-economic situation but once you throw that prefix "socio"in front of the world economics its comes back to the multi-racial caste system.

Examine every political and economic dynamic on the globe and the root of it lies in racism and evolved forms of racism.

Not going to argue anymore, I just can't comprehend why its hilarious when a white person is compared to a chimp, but a tasteless cartoon can garner so much anger and frustration and is automatically assumed to be racist.

Clueless.

Originally Posted by abeautifulhaze

Not going to argue anymore, I just can't comprehend why its hilarious when a white person is compared to a chimp, but a tasteless cartoon can garner so much anger and frustration and is automatically assumed to be racist.

Clueless.
I didn't even peep that.

He must have a J/K in there somewhere that you accidentally backspaced...right?
laugh.gif

the history behind it dude...you can't just erase it like it never happened...there's more to things than surface value man...
i'm not trying to argue i'm just trying to give you another point of view

But again seeing as that that type of behavior is reviled in the public eye, and rightfully so, what makes people think that that was the intent of thatspecific cartoon? Its would be obvious to me that its been misinterpreted, but again I digress, it was the Post.

I mean, it would be the equivalent of career suicide. Why would anyone in their right mind do something like that intentionally? I just can't understandthe thinking of those who lack common sense, so forgive me if I sound off the wall.

Clueless.
I didn't even peep that.

He must have a J/K in there somewhere that you accidentally backspaced...right?
laugh.gif

Right, I understand completely that there is a great deal of history behind the comparison of African Americans to chimps, however the only peoplewho use these types of references today are the misguided who still have inexplicable hate inside them. The man who drew the cartoon was clearly going forshock value, as seen in a great number of others he has done, including the tasteless Heath Ledger one from today.

I get what your saying but it's human nature to assume the worst of a situation and its the publications responsibility to be aware of the history andramifications of what they are publishing...regardless of intent it comes off as racism and regardless of what they want to argue what its actual meaningis..it still comes down to a notorious publication printing questionable material with the accompanied quote it automatically gets related to a minority...whenleft for open interpretation you get explosive reactions like we're seeing now

I get what your saying but it's human nature to assume the worst of a situation and its the publications responsibility to be aware of the history and ramifications of what they are publishing...regardless of intent it comes off as racism and regardless of what they want to argue what its actual meaning is..it still comes down to a notorious publication printing questionable material with the accompanied quote it automatically gets related to a minority...when left for open interpretation you get explosive reactions like we're seeing now
I agree. It's only about selling papers with the Post, and for a cartoonist it's about getting their name out through shock value. I thinkboth have achieved their goals sadly.

no one had it worse then the native Caribbeans and native Americans...

stop complaining...

Originally Posted by PeterJamesThe3rd

stop complaining...
Shut up.
no... what happened to African Americans was miniscule in comparison ti what happened to native Caribbeans and native Americans...

Look it up... moron

My great grandfather is a Carib.

I repeat...shut up.

Now this dude is sending me PMs about how he going to smack fire out of me in the streets.

laugh.gif

Only on the internet.

stop complaining...
Shut up.
no... what happened to African Americans was miniscule in comparison ti what happened to native Caribbeans and native Americans...

Look it up... moron
this is exactly the ##%% i was talking about.. how can you tell a group of people how to feel or compare them to another group? you're anobody

Why can't we all focus and try to right the wrongs that are still occurring today a la the Israeli-Palestinian crisis, because people know how it feels tobe wronged in this way and no one should ever have to go through it especially in the modern world.

Now this dude is sending me PMs about how he going to smack fire out of me in the streets.

laugh.gif

Only on the internet.
The reason i bought it to pm is because i don;t like to air out business in front of everyone... if you feel some type of way let me know..

we in the same city... Whats good...

Back
Top Bottom