A Different World - Great Show? Corny Show? Don't Care?

30t6p3b.gif
@ youtube being the only place I can find all the eps from all seasons 

When they threw Jada on there I was on it every week. Her and them hood tendencies had your boy open as a youngin. Probably why I can't leave them hood rats alone now.
laugh.gif

Whitley & Denise 
devil.gif
devil.gif

Maggie
embarassed.gif

watching it on tv out of order isnt the same
30t6p3b.gif
@ no season 2-6 dvd release

Didn't know there was this much love for this show....I catch an episode from time to time.

great casting and cameos..and its about black people in college..something we will never see on tv again lol.
overall very good show and something to be appreciated.

I loved watching this show growing up.  Had me excited about going to college later on.  This show definitely increased enrollment at alot of HBCU's, I know those same schools wish a show was on TV like this now cause they need all the help they can get. 

One of the few shows I have to stop and watch when channel surfing.  It started out kind of corny (eggby episode), but evolved into a good balance of humor and social commentary.  So many good actors that started on the Cosby Show - Mr. Gaines was the hospital janitor trying to get his job back, Walter (Sinbad) was a car salesman when Dr. Huxtable was trying to appear poor.

14910.jpg

Car salesman - "So, what do you do for a living?"
Dr. Huxtable - "Work."
Car salesman - "Well, what kind of work do you do?"
Dr. Huxtable - "Hard."

roll.gif

All 80s-early 90s shows are corny, but I can see the positives people took from this one in particular.

def a classic. the episode with dwayne and ron dealing with the racism after the football game was epic. the show was a perfect blend of comedy/life issues/drama .. *waits for a reunion show*

Originally Posted by whyhellothere

Whitley & Denise 
devil.gif
devil.gif

Maggie
embarassed.gif

watching it on tv out of order isnt the same
30t6p3b.gif
@ no season 2-6 dvd release

QFT. I think it was due to poor sales of the 1st season. Not many people like the 1st season of a Different World. Once Lisa Bonet went back to the Cosby Show, it became the show we all loved.

Back
Top Bottom