A Different World - Great Show? Corny Show? Don't Care?

I'm mostly asking cause I caught about 5 episodes the other day after not seeing it for YEARS, and it was
funny as hell, and I don't even remember laughing that much the last time I had watched it. Even saw an episode
for the first time that had Tupac on it.

2010-07-25_1616.png
2496.jpg

Great Show? Corny Show? Don't Care?

A great show with a lot of good looking women on it. I love watching shows about my people. They don't make them like this anymore.

Originally Posted by eddiehouse5

A great show with a lot of good looking women on it. I love watching shows about my people. They don't make them like this anymore.

This. Makes me wish I had went to a HBCU. loved that show.

Great show. I remember watching it again after years it went off the air. It gets me feeling nostalgic about the early 90s.

Showed all sides of our culture
glasses.gif
pimp.gif

saw the ep with tupac & jada earlier today 
pimp.gif

gonna rewatch season 1 on dvd........eventually

very good show. a show about black kids in college. where are shows like that today?

I was in love with Jasmine Guy and Cree Summer back then
smokin.gif

my man Dwayne and Ron always came fresh with the J's
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

Showed all sides of our culture
glasses.gif
pimp.gif
word....i was a lil youngin when this was on but i remember my uncles watchin it when they were in their teens 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by 0cks

Originally Posted by oidreez

very good show. a show about black kids in college. where are shows like that today?
college_hill_south_beach.jpg
son is rocking a fuchsia shirt
30t6p3b.gif
, love different world tho' 
pimp.gif

It's just sad to see that we're still dealing with so many of the same issues that they we're twenty years ago.

Originally Posted by whyhellothere

saw the ep with tupac & jada earlier today 
pimp.gif

gonna rewatch season 1 on dvd........eventually

Yea I had seen that one yesterday. I never even knew Pac ever guest starred on any sitcoms.

ScottHallWithAPick wrote:

"Showed all sides of our culture
glasses.gif
pimp.gif
"

So true. They had mad women on there from start to finish. It was nice how they were able to fuse comedy in and stilltalk about relevant issues,
though it is sad that those issues are still big topics now as they were back then. That episode with Kriss-Kross had me thinking about that
"The More You Know" commercial, real stuff right there.

i remember reading this show actually increase HBCU enrollment when it was on

i just knew i was going to Hillman when I was younger...we alwasy joke that my best friend does cuz she went to Spelman and now Howard for grad school which is two of the schools the show was based off of

i like it cuz it was kinda corny but very real and dealt w/ real issues while still being light hearted most of the time...

there was no male/female bashing but still dealt w/differences/issues between the two

it showed all types of black people...rich/privileged kids- kids who had to pay their own way or maintain their scholarships...

they even had a white girl the first season and kim dated a white guy w/out actually having a problem w/black men...

Originally Posted by GL Rayner

Great show. One of my favorite TV sitcoms of all time
pimp.gif
Originally Posted by oidreez

I grew up watching this...such a REAL positive show, of course tho, it was a Cosby produced show
pimp.gif
  One day...maybe one day these types of shows will make a comeback....
tired.gif

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

Originally Posted by air4life

Am I the only person who thinks the show got better when Lisa Bonet left?

nah you can't be the only one. I definitely agree.

Yea the show got SO much better when she left. And at least they wrote her out of the show in a legit way, instead of how on "Family Matters" when they wrote Judie out, Harriett (or Estelle)
just told her to go to her room, and she never came back down
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom