A Gentlemen's Discussion of Retro Video Games (Super NES/Genesis Era and Earlier)

Man I am in here playing Lion King on GENESIS, this Stampede board was hard as hell. SMH
Bruhhhh I was just talking about this stampede level with my brother earlier. Crazy how we were able to beat it that game back in the days without being able to save data. Never knew there was a difference between the snes and genesis versions of the ninja turtles game.

URL]

URL]

URL]

URL]

URL]

URL]

URL]

Am I the only one that was blown away when you found out metroid was a girl?
Also kid icarus (where you turned enemies into eggplants), pro wrestling, and tecmo bowl.
I do remember how amazed I was when the original zelda came out with save. No more writing down codes.

Playing Yoshi's Island on my phone right now. Love it just as much as when I first played it on Super Nintendo :pimp: Probably my favorite Super Mario game, but maybe its because Yoshi's my favorite character

Am I the only one that was blown away when you found out metroid was a girl?
Also kid icarus (where you turned enemies into eggplants), pro wrestling, and tecmo bowl.
I do remember how amazed I was when the original zelda came out with save. No more writing down codes.
Well Metroid is the name of the game. Samus is a girl, yea I was shocked too.

Playing Yoshi's Island on my phone right now. Love it just as much as when I first played it on Super Nintendo :pimp: Probably my favorite Super Mario game, but maybe its because Yoshi's my favorite character
That was the sequel to Super Mario World (SNES) right? I NEVER played that game. I might get it.

nthat.gif
Thread.

Some of the systems I grew up with.

993302_577456665624014_368526582_n.png

pcengine-cd.jpg

And some games I grew up with ...

I still play SNES and NES games on the regular.

Bought the OUYA to solely emulate old games...not bad for a $100 system.

View media item 527153
When I was a kid there was nothing I wanted more than a sit down Star Wars cabinet. I still want one as an adult, but now things like having to fix the chips on the board and source the proper monitor without burn-in plus space issues keep me from dropping any kind of money on it.

If I could I'd have one of those, the T2 light gun game and a 6 Player X-Men machine.

So much win in this thread. Those who know about Guerilla War getting extra lives with no code, River City Ransom, Renegade, and Bad Dudes know the grind.

Who remembers a Genesis game where dude rode a skateboard with blonde hair, game was hard as hell?
*Edit: Greendog, who remembers that joint?

Also no love for Art of Fighting, Karate Champ, wrestlemania on PS1, OG Bionic Commando, Commando, and lets not forget the NES Ninja Gaiden.

Last edited:
i remember going to the Philippines with my NES, and coming back with these cartridges that were 110-in1, 150-in-1, and 250-in-1.  It was basically a catalog of 100+ games in the single cartridge.  Several were just mods of current games, like playing Bomberman with Mario skin.  When I got bored, hit reset and play another new game. It was 
nthat.gif

Found the 250 in 1 game:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom