A good 1080p HDTV

im looking to buy a good HDTV for my birthday on sunday and i was wondering if anyone had any suggestions. and what is a good brand to buy? my price range isfrom $1000-1500 currently i have an xbox 360 a ps3 and a PC. thanks NT.

i picked up an 42" Aquos D64 series a few months back for about $1100. I have no complaints, in fact I love my new TV even though my gf complains its toobig for the bedroom. I'm actually thinking of picking up the same TV in a 52" to replace my old 53" 1080i Samsung I have in the living room.

should have went to circuit city last week for the 46" sharp aquos 1080p for 1299.....this TV is
pimp.gif

"Pioneer Elite > Any other HDTV. Guaranteed."
Actually that title now goes to the Pioneer Kuro line. I would also say that the Sony XBR 3 1080p sets are a safe bet if you want an LCD. Stay away from theXBR 4's as the 120hz technology tends to make motion blur even worse than the 60hz sets. If you want a plasma display and cannot afford the Pioneer Kuroline ($5,000-6,500), then I would look at the Panasonic TH-42PZ700U (42") or the TH-50PZ700U (50").

Originally Posted by Gettin It Crackin

Pioneer Elite > Any other HDTV. Guaranteed.
After seeing a few, I agree.

But, if you need 1080p, if I were buying a TV again, I would get the 42" Panasonic Plasma 1080p.

Originally Posted by I am Furby

"Pioneer Elite > Any other HDTV. Guaranteed."
Actually that title now goes to the Pioneer Kuro line. I would also say that the Sony XBR 3 1080p sets are a safe bet if you want an LCD. Stay away from the XBR 4's as the 120hz technology tends to make motion blur even worse than the 60hz sets. If you want a plasma display and cannot afford the Pioneer Kuro line ($5,000-6,500), then I would look at the Panasonic TH-42PZ700U (42") or the TH-50PZ700U (50").
hahahahaha I believe dude said his budget was $1000-1500 not $4000-4500. My gf gets an employee discount on Pioneer products but even at 30-40% offI still cant afford the Pioneer Kuro sets. Those things are definitely
pimp.gif
but a tad out of most NTers price range.

I used to be a Samsung fan before but for some reason when I see side by side comparisons, they just dont cut it. I'm happy with the Sharp Aquos becauseits a good bang for the buck. Its moderately priced and the picture looks good.

I have the Samsung LNT-4061F, it's a 40 inch 1080p LCD. I love my tv and got it for about 1300.

I didn't read the OP, so I'm caught. Anyways, if your price range is 1K-1.3K or so I would not be looking at 1080p sets in the first place. Someposters said they got Sharp Aquos sets for that range, but I don't know personally how often you are going to find that set for that price range being thatBlack Friday has come and gone. 1080p for a 42" set is actually a waste anyways unless you plan on sitting closer than 4ft in front on the television.Panasonic 42" 720p sets have some of the best high-def processors outside of Pioneer, and if I were in your shoes I would pick up one of those, which arefrequently at or below your price range. Whoever thinks they NEED a 1080p set on a 42" television are quite misinformed. If you want to stretch your moneya bit consider a Sony Bravia rear-projection LCD. Sure they are not as flat as plasma or LCD sets, but the technology has been around way longer, and theyoften produce much more acurate colors and blacks than your standard LCD. As well, you may be able to find a 50" in your price range.

I hate when people think that every Bravia, Aquos, and Regza are the same. Dudes sound like straight newbs. Those black friday ads for best buy and stuff aremad dumb. People see sharp aquos 42" for $X and think its the greatest deal ever not knowing which tv it is. There are some 46" Sharp Aquos modelsthat go for $1300 and others that go for $3000. They're obviously not the same tv.

And u gotta specify the size of the tv ur lookin to get before we can help you.

Edit: If you're lookin to just watch HDTV on the set, then go with a plasma. If you want to connect your pc and video games to it, then i reccomend an LCD.Plasma gives you the better picture, but with LCDs you don't have to worry about burn in. I play video games all the time on my plasma, but i never pauseit and just leave the tv on, so i don't have to worry.

No complaints on the 42" Sony Bravia 1080p LCD. Dunno the price on it though since I didnt buy it.

Back when i was working for walmart we had a polaroid tv 40 inch LCD for 799 its the best TV ive owned clear , 40 inches, and good connectivety..they shouldstill have it for under 1000...

Back
Top Bottom