A key to help you search on ebay.

I've been doing this for a long time, and have wondered if anyone else knew. I put quotations around the name of the jordan shoe I want to search, for example:

"air jordan iv"

This gets rid of all the other garbage and gives you a list of that shoe only.

Sorry in advance if this method is a universal thing that everyone just knows.
laugh.gif

I will be honest, I never knew about that and I have been on ebay for many years. Thanks!

Originally Posted by airdhazzal

I've been doing this for a long time, and have wondered if anyone else knew. I put quotations around the name of the jordan shoe I want to search, for example:

"air jordan iv"

This gets rid of all the other garbage and gives you a list of that shoe only.

Sorry in advance if this method is a universal thing that everyone just knows.
laugh.gif
did you also know it works for search engines 
eek.gif

You can also use this as well to remove spam words.
Example: To get search for Air jordan 4 cement but you don't want military blue's in the search results, type:

air jordan 4 cement -(military)

You can also put commas in the parentheses for multiple words to be taken out from the search results. I've been doing this for years but never knew the quotes technique

my only jay searching problem is for the post xx3 sigs. having them use 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012, you get almost all retros for each year listed too. *** stupid.

Originally Posted by syxth element

You can also use this as well to remove spam words.
Example: To get search for Air jordan 4 cement but you don't want military blue's in the search results, type:

air jordan 4 cement -(military)

You can also put commas in the parentheses for multiple words to be taken out from the search results. I've been doing this for years but never knew the quotes technique
If you do that you miss out on all the cements that added military to the tag

i dont care about the other shoes that pop up, i have gotten shoes from ebay that i wasnt even looking for by searching for one shoe and another pops up. its especially nice when you dont know the name of a particular shoe from back in the day and you magically find it by searching for a different one.

I love the shoes listed as "Concord Space Jam Yeezy 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Playoff Fire Red Cement Rare Sold Out OG Retro Premio BIN Kanye Galaxy Jordan"
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by rojanjon

I love the shoes listed as "Concord Space Jam Yeezy 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Playoff Fire Red Cement Rare Sold Out OG Retro Premio BIN Kanye Galaxy Jordan"
indifferent.gif

Aaahahahah only to find out they're selling these:

24234046.jpg

Hah, wow...I am surprised you didn't know about that. Glad you will have better luck searching! Who remembers " *.* " star-dot-star for DOS searches? Honestly, the best finds come when you know the product number. Most "out of the loop" sellers don't know what they have, so they use that instead. That should help you too!

Originally Posted by rcjbbp1313

i dont care about the other shoes that pop up, i have gotten shoes from ebay that i wasnt even looking for by searching for one shoe and another pops up. 

pimp.gif

indifferent.gif

Everything nowadays is tagged with yeezy. Really annoying, especially as I hate the yeezy

Originally Posted by rcjbbp1313

i dont care about the other shoes that pop up, i have gotten shoes from ebay that i wasnt even looking for by searching for one shoe and another pops up. its especially nice when you dont know the name of a particular shoe from back in the day and you magically find it by searching for a different one.
^^ Exactly, i usually end up seeing another shoe and liking it more than the one i originally searched for

Originally Posted by PTone

indifferent.gif

Aaahahahah only to find out they're selling these:

24234046.jpg
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom