A look at the Chinese Basketball Association...vol. CRAZY STATS

I've mentioned a few times that imports' numbers are inflated over in the CBA. There is a post on ShamSports about all the stats over in the CBA. Inferior competition+inflated numbers= shots at the NBA for a lot of these guys

http://www.shamsports.com/content/pages/2010/03/chinese-basketball-association.jsp

Stephon Marbury averages 23.3 ppg, 9.8 apg, 6.1 rpg, 2.8 spg in
PJ Ramos averages 16.5ppg, 12.9rpg in only 29 MPG
Dermarr Johnson averages 19.9ppg, 5.8rpg, 1.1apg
Sean Williams averages 15 ppg, 11.3 rpg

Basically it's a lot of guys putting up crazy numbers over there.

- Donnell Harvey: 37.8mpg, 24.3ppg, 12.4rpg, 2.5apg, 3.1fpg, 1.5spg, 0.9bpg, 53% FG, 37% 3PT, 75% FT

roll.gif
this is all that I needed to see...

Marbury is the best player in China. His first couple of games were somewhat sedate as he blew off the rust, but since then he's been on a tear, averaging 25ppg, 9.5apg and 6.5rpg over his last ten games. He even flirted with a quadruple double at one point, totalling 26 points, 12 rebounds, 13 assists and 7 steals in a win over Liaoning last month.
 Oscar Robertsonesque 
laugh.gif

Those guys ball out over there, puttin up HS all-american digits "with ease"

- Rodney White: 40.0mpg, 28.5ppg, 9.3rpg, 4.0apg, 2.2fpg, 1.6spg, 0.7bpg, 52% FG, 33% 3PT, 75% FT

this man is putting up LBJ numbers
eek.gif

Stromile Swift: 32.1mpg, 21.5ppg, 12.1rpg, 1.6apg, 3.7fpg, 1.4spg, 3.0bpg, 61% FG, 31% 3PT, 69% FT

the STRO SHOW
laugh.gif
smokin.gif

- DeAngelo Collins: 36.6mpg, 17.4ppg, 15.8rpg, 2.5apg, 3.6fpg, 1.2spg, 2.8bpg, 47% FG, 33% 3PT (1-3), 43% FT (left)

this dude is flirting a 20-20 per night
smh.gif

everyone's balling stupid over there
eek.gif
laugh.gif

Can someone provide the numbers of these guys, if they play in the Chinese league:

Mateen Cleaves
Marcus Fizer
Ron Mercer
Ed Cota
Mooche Norris
Antoine Walker
Jonathan Bender
Steve Francis

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

Can someone provide the numbers of these guys, if they play in the Chinese league:

Mateen Cleaves
Marcus Fizer
Ron Mercer
Ed Cota
Mooche Norris
Antoine Walker
Jonathan Bender
Steve Francis
maybe im mistaking but arent you a Knicks fan?? keep updated son
laugh.gif

but yeah is my boy Mateen out there ballin??
nerd.gif

He even flirted with a quadruple double at one point, totalling 26points, 12 rebounds, 13 assists and 7 steals in a win over Liaoninglast month.
Starbury is BAAACK
pimp.gif

in your face Lary, my mans still got it
laugh.gif

4d22530e76a2bcf016450da0a83fd31976a115a.jpg

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

Mateen Cleaves
Marcus Fizer
Ron Mercer
Ed Cota
Mooche Norris
Antoine Walker
Jonathan Bender
Steve Francis
None of those guys are in China

Question is, how much cake are they making over there? I rather ride the pine in the NBA making 3-4 mil a year versus puttting up triple doubles in Bejing, but only making a couple hunnid thou.

In Starbury's case, he made so much dough, I'm sure money's not an issue.

Former NBA guard Andre Emmett scored 71 points for Chinese Basketball Association (CBA) team Shandong at the weekend, setting a new individual scoring record for the league.
The former Texas Tech standout came off the bench to shoot 28-of-34 from inside the paint, land three of 11 three-point attempts and sink all six of his free throws.

http://ca.reuters.com/art...ws/idCATRE6270LO20100308

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

I'll look up the average salary

laugh.gif
It's basically a pick-up game for them. Competition level must be lower than the D-League, yet they probably make more than the average D-League salary, which ranges from as low as 15K to 40K

Back
Top Bottom