A Photoseries On Sneakerheads. Seeking Subjects (Update)

I made this post in the general forum but I figured I would make it the midwest regional forum.

Basically the idea is sneakerheads as they are representing not what makes them a sneakerhead but what makes them who they are in life whether that be a smallaspect of the subjects life or whatever..(all while being a sneakerhead). So clearly I would come to you and photograph you in whatever colaborative idea forthe shoot we come up with. In return for your time (which would be no more than an hour at most) I would provide you with a matted framed ap (artist proof)print in the size i print the series in probably 20x20in (might decide a different size but no smalled than 10x10in at minimum).

here is a link to my post and qouted below in general for all the details etc.
p087.ezboard.com/fniketalkfrm9.showMessage?topicID=255548.topic

Quote:
This morning I began work on a photo-series thats a self-exploration of person both myself and future subjects/models... It's tentatively called "The Sneakerhead", the title might change but the project remains the same a photo-series that explore what about makes us as "sneakerheads" different or unique not as a "sneakerhead" but as people who are "sneakerheads". I use the term "sneakerhead" in quotes because what defines someone as a "sneakerhead" is relative to various individual opinion or one's own self-image as to who they are...

I shot my own self-portrait this morning. Myself standing in front of an open fridge sneakers in hand or wearing that match my t-shirt or fitted and camo shorts w/ a burning blunt in hand. Reflecting a common sight in at 8:30am before I leave for my 9:00am class. Myself dressed other than perhaps with shoes listening to my ipod smoking a bit of a blunt or roach to take the edge off the morning looking in the fridge to grab a vitamin water before I leave... (something of which that happens probably 2-3 days week)

Basically the idea is sneakerheads as they are representing not what makes them a sneakerhead but what makes them who they are (all while being a sneakerhead). If that doesn't make sense to anyone let me know...

If you're interested all interested in being a subject/model please email me @ ceasle@saic.edu or aim ceasley1219. Most of the year I'm in Chicago but I'm going to be in Minneapolis during thanksgiving week and NYC January 2-7. And San Francisco definitely sometime early this summer. Also if you're in the Midwest I would consider driving or taking some other form of transportation if you're seriously interested and seem like good subject...

Basically if you're interested you can contact me and we can work out the details of when where (clearly I would travel to you) and as to exact how the shoot will be set-up definately a colaborative effort both your own ideas because you know you more than me and just logistics and compostion more my expertise...

If you're curious to my previous work there is random stuff in the photography post and I have a website for my most recent finish work a documentary on 4 of my friends who live together in Wrigleyville in Chicago called "The Baccis Crew" named after the pizza place they live above.

www.thebacciscrew.com

Otherwise far as credentials I'm a junior at the School of the Art Institute of Chicago (SAIC). I shoot medium format color film w/ Hasselblad 503cxi and I use both multiple flashes and strobes. I develop my images both analog printing in darkroom and scanning (for the web). As compensation I would give any subject a finished analog print (probably 20x20in but might go like 12x12in depends on size I print the series at) matted and framed (it would be an AP print (artist proof)). If you have an questions you can email me, aim im, or just respond to this post...

Just for like the record I guess this work isn't an way commercial in nature, i.e. it will never be sold for purposed of commercial enterprise i.e. at most it will be displayed and sold (series of 10 prints per image w/ 2 ap prints) in a gallery. Basically what that means if $C or anyone else calls me and says we want use you're image it's "no thanks" and that can be placed in writing per subject. Also what that means is if I every make any money off of it i.e. sell it in gallery you have 1/12 of what ever I could every possible make selling every copy of the photograph I could legally make... and probably more since it would be an AP print... So end of the day if I make no money you just get a nice 12x12in - 20x20in framed portrait.. Just thought I would state that...

Thanks

(If you curious as to what i was wearing in my self-portrait a pirates fitted and yellow and black "Absurd" T-shirt that says "Stoops" (a reference to the movie "Kids" I believe) with a picture of kanye with a text box with "Polo was borin' Before I wore em." holding or wearing nike woven co.jp that are yellow and black and lrg leaf camo shorts and my tnf backpack)

I don't really want to put entire images on web out there before its all said and done but I realize people want to really understand what its all about socompromise is a contact sheet. Here is the contact scan of the roll from my shoot.
Clearly you shoot 12 images with the intent of not using them all so there are some good ones and not so great ones.. and even the good ones haven't beenprocessed so.. and even the good ones haven't been processed so.. Personally I really like #4 which is in the top right corner...

I wouldn't say that my self-portrait will necessarily dictate the style wholly of the later images but I think it definately give the a gist of theconcept..

if your interested in making the trip to milwaukee....i m down...
T E A M M I D W E S T
715 TO THE 414
Reppin Milwaukee
TEAM-AF-ONE​

^ If you want to shoot me an email and answer my little questionaire that'd be great... Btw, how long does it take to get to Milwaukee via train?

If you're still doing it in December, I'll be back and would volunteer my time.
TEAM BEN GORDON
"...he got changed over his change a block off Ashland

whats your email address?

i dont know how to use yuku...

you can reach me at bmattox@gmail.com

i m not sure how long on a train it is from Chicago to milwaukee...but i know its about an hour and a half in a car...
T E A M M I D W E S T
715 TO THE 414
Reppin Milwaukee
TEAM-AF-ONE​

will i get paid? :nerd:
nerd.gif

Wanna Believe My Own Hype But Its to Untrue
-Lu

Quote:
You can count me in!!! Hit me up in pm or email majorchipz_inc@yahoo.com!!!

Quote:
im down....PM me and let me know the details....peas!!

Quote:
will i get paid?

All the details including my email (ceasle@saic.edu) are in the post I linked to...

No, I'm not paying anyone persay, but I'm willing to give you an ap (artist proof) matted and framed print of a photograph from the shoot. Which if I ever make any money off the series will make the photograph I give you worth 1/11 (I'm not selling all 12 prints, usually art photography series are 10 copies of each photograph with 2 ap (artist proof) prints) of what I would be making off that single photograph.

It's not an uncommon method of payment to subjects/models in art photography. End of the day you'll get a nice (12x12in to 20x20in depend on the size i print the photographs at) matted and framed portrait, but say some day I become a famous artist then art dealers will cut checks to get that artist proof you'll have ...

Here is a qoute from the post in general of the questionaire type thing

Quote:
In order to really get a diverse group and generally what strike me as good subjects If you could fill out this brief questionnaire that would be great...

Race:
(Your race relevant in that I want to make sure I feel like I get diverse range of people from all walks of life and race is clearly a way that society categorizes us, just thought I would note that, not like I'm trying to exclude a group or anything along those lines)

Hobbies/Interests Outside of Sneakers i.e. like what do you do for fun?
How many sneakers do you own? (you don't have own a 1000 sneakers just curious to know...)
First Sneaker Memory?
Favorite Sneaker and Why?

Just copy and paste this in an email to Ceasle@saic.edu

I just want to get an idea of who people are... The details how the shoot etc. can be a collaborative effort later but it helps to know your subject and alittle goes a long way...

Just for and giggles I'll answer it to give you an idea of what I'm looking for.

Sex: Male
Occupation: Artist/Student at the School of the Art Institute of Chicago
Race/Ethnicity: 1/2 Japanese, 1/2 Spanish
Hobbies/Interests Outside of Sneakers i.e. like what do you do for fun?
Art Photography (I really like Jeff Wall, Thomas Demand, Philip DiCorcia) Painting (Elsworth Kelly and Joseph Albers are my favorites) Going to Bars (In Wrigleyville and on occasion ones in Lincoln Park) Sports (Baseball Cubs/Twins) Women, Weed, Fashion.
How many sneakers do you own?
70 something pairs... I have like 40 pairs in my apt in Chicago..
Firs/Most fond Sneaker Memory?
In 2nd grade I had Jordan VII's Bordeauxs and I remember vividly the exact footlocker and I thought I was that dude when I had those sneakers on and at school I wasnt super cocky or anything but I knew I was doing it even at the age 7. I destoryed them but I still loved em to death...
Favorite Sneaker and Why?
For me thats hard question definately an air max because as much as those Jordans were my fondest memory my dad ran in air maxes in the late 80s early 90s so there is definately a connection, like reliving the past maybe or like just something to talk about like I broke out my infareds and when my dad saw them the first thing he said he is had a pair back in the day and said they were comfy... like there is only so much I have in common with my pops so just like little things like that mean alot i suppose...

Just like to say I really appreciate the response so far... Even the people who are in places I may or may not be able to get to right now, this isn't a series that is going to be over tomorrow or something so I'll hold on to all the emails hopefully in the future I can get to all the people who seem quite promising subject/models...

Email sent,

Danke!

sho3tym
T E A M M I D W E S T
715 TO THE 414
Reppin Milwaukee
TEAM-AF-ONE​

Shot FOOT FETISH CEO today in Hyde Park. I thought it went well. Bummed a roll by accident while loading film but otherwise way good. Should have contact scan/photographs from that mid to late next week...

Had another shoot on saturday with 5thgearidah and I thought went equally well. And similar deal with should have contact scan/photographs from that mid to late next week...

Definately nice to meet both you guys.

Right now trying to figure out logistics of when and where with couple other people but definately still looking for Chicago sneakerheads interested.

It was dope being involved with this project thasnks again chandler for the chance to be apart of it!!!
Team midwest
repping the 312 to the 630
go ill a.k.a chicago​

Here is the contact sheet from my shoot with FOOT FETISH CEO. Some issues with a spring in the film back that have since been resolved but I think some nice images, but I kinda saw this composition while sitting that area around there and just struck me so mostly was just minor bracketing for exposure and getting the right expression. (edit: just realized it's bit hard to tell the bracketing and expression from the contact sheet but trust me..)

contactst9.jpg

FOOT FETISH CEO, thanks again, appreciate your time and I just emailed you a scan of the negative I'm going with which is #8 which is in the 2nd from the top on the left (didn't have the film in order in the negative sheet).

Should have 5thgearidah's contact sheet and negative scan later tonight and have couple other shoots set up in the near future but still looking for Chicago sneakerheads interested.

^ Ty, appreicate that. I'll let you know asap as to setting up a shoot. I don't know if I want to include heads that like sell sneakers, etc. like involved in the industry like that. Just like have mixed feelings on sort of conflict of interests the commercial use of the pictures etc.. But same token I've known you for a min now and I know you're as real a sneakerhead as it gets, no doubt. And only reason I don't really stop thru either shop is cause I'm mad busy with school etc. But I'll def have to come thru see whats good...

Back
Top Bottom