A proposal to prohibit race-related threads

What's the point of them honestly? We all know the outcome will ALWAYS be the same. Blind anger and hatred being spewed by two sides, which eventually leads to bans.

I understand this is a place to hold discussions but these threads are just angry rants. There is no discussion taking place for the most part. It's usually people with extremely biased views ranting and nothing more.

I don't know...maybe it's just me but after a long day of school work, I'd rather not see this same @!$!!%#@ happening in like 5 threads on the first page of General. It gets old.

slippery slope, the same can be said for religion threads, ps3 vs xbox threads, threads in the music forum...where do you stop? Ultimately it's up to the users to respectfully discuss topics, and if they can't handle that within the ROC they get banned. Seems pretty efficient to me.

Race threads, Homosexual threads, Tipping threads, & Religion threads. You already know what to expect, so don't even enter them.

roll.gif
@ "tipping threads"

Agreed though, Race and Religion threads shouldn't be allowed.
nerd.gif

And why do we need race-specific threads anyway when a third of the threads on NT become race threads - even when the OP has absolutely nothing to do with race?

Originally Posted by thegoat121886

slippery slope, the same can be said for religion threads, ps3 vs xbox threads, threads in the music forum...where do you stop? Ultimately it's up to the users to respectfully discuss topics, and if they can't handle that within the ROC they get banned. Seems pretty efficient to me.
i normally hate it when the first post dictates the course of the thread...not this one though

good post

i agree 100%

slippery slope, whatever

have you looked at the race threads? they're full of idiotic statement after idiotic statement.

Banning race? Banning religion? Sounds like the only way to me. Maybe the worlds leaders can learn from this concept.

i can eat Alphabet Soup and crap out better responses in the ''racial'' threads than alot of the ''idiotic'' posts.

my $0.02

how would the mods fill their ban quota for the month without them though?

NO. Sometimes, no matter how much bull is scattered throughout those threads, somebody might get something useful out of it and that type of stuff influences growth and expansion, so I have to disagree.

NikeTalk is an environment where race related topics will always come up.

aren't we censored enough on here.

just don't enter them. i rarely enter religion threads. problem solved.

no
we can stop talkin about it when people are more honest with themselves and reality. 

What I hate most is when a thread that had nothing to do with race suddenly gets derailed when someone pulls the race card. 

Back
Top Bottom