A-Rod and the HOF debate Vol. Which hat?

Alright so I was at work thinking about which hat A-Rod should wear when he enters the HOF.

I think it's pretty obvious that he should wear a Yankee hat, but some of my friends beg to differ. So NT, what do you think?

Mariners: 966 hits, 189 HR, 595 RBI, 133 SB, 310 BB, 616 SO, .379 OBP, .561 SLG, .934 OPS, 7 years, 0 MVP's, 0 Rings

Yankees:  996 hits, 238 HR, 716 RBI, 120 SB, 501 BB, 743 SO, .461 OBP, .567 SLG, .968 OPS, 6 years, 2 MVP's, 1 ring.

That's assuming he even gets into the Hall. Unless the voters change their stance on PED users, it's probably not gonna happen.

Originally Posted by JumpmanFromDaBay

none

he did PEDs
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I knew this was coming. I'm surprised it wasn't the first reply though.

And so did your favorite baseball player.

And as for this not being a debate, it seems that there are still people who think that he should go in as a Mariner.

Originally Posted by JD617

That's assuming he even gets into the Hall. Unless the voters change their stance on PED users, it's probably not gonna happen.

You know damn right A-Rod is going in. I mean, he had his best all around season AFTER admitting to steroids. Most of the other guys DECLINED after admitting. And plus, Bonds, Sosa, nor Big Mac won rings.

ARod is getting in the Hall... By the time he's eligible I think a lot of this PED stuff will have blown over and the sting with some of the sports writers will have worn off...

When he's in, it's as a Yankee. Don't think there's any real debate to be made for the Mariners...

Stupid %%* Tom Hicks...
smh.gif

You serious?
laugh.gif
  They realize he's not retiring tmrw right?

He's already played 6 full seasons in NY (most of any team he's played for) and he's got like 8 years still left on his Yankee contract. He's got 2 MVPs in NY. He's got a ring in NY.

He's going in as a Yankee 100% guaranteed. Remember too the HOF chooses it for you.

Originally Posted by RyGuy45

You serious?
laugh.gif
  You realize he's not retiring tmrw right?

1) He's already played 6 full seasons in NY (most of any team he's played for) and he's got like 8 years still left on his Yankee contract. He's got 2 MVPs in NY. He's got a ring in NY.

He's going in as a Yankee 100% guaranteed.Remember too the HOF chooses it for you.
1) He played 7 years in Seattle.

2) Really? I didn't know that. No sarcasm.

Originally Posted by JoRDaN201

You know damn right A-Rod is going in. I mean, he had his best all around season AFTER admitting to steroids. Most of the other guys DECLINED after admitting. And plus, Bonds, Sosa, nor Big Mac won rings.

Rings have nothing to do with it. McGwire had a sure-fire HOF career, but didn't make it in strictly because of his PED use.

And I'm not saying I agree with this decision. I do think A-Rod should be in the HOF. To me it's ridiculous to pretend like the steroid era never happened, especially since there are probably guys who are already in the HOF who juiced.

But like I said, it all depends on whether or not the baseball purists change their stance on this. And seeing how they usually operate, I'm not holding my breath.

What i said was he's played the most FULL seasons as a Yankee. But I get ya.

And ya the HOF chooses it for you now, it's the Boggs rule after Wade several years ago was supposedly going to get paid by the Rays to have him wear their cap.
laugh.gif

Rings have nothing to do with it. McGwire had a sure-fire HOF career, but didn't make it in strictly because of his PED use.

And I'm not saying I agree with this decision. I do think A-Rod should be in the HOF. To me it's ridiculous to pretend like the steroid era never happened, especially since there are probably guys who are already in the HOF who juiced.

But like I said, it all depends on whether or not the baseball purists change their stance on this. And seeing how they usually operate, I'm not holding my breath.
McGwire hasn't made it in because he embarrassed himself and baseball in front of Congress...

All the guys that have come clean and admitted it from the beginning are still loved by the media and general public... It's guys like McGwire, Bonds, and Clemens that are gonna catch the heat for all this.

AHHHHH!!!
laugh.gif
So reading IS fundamental . My bad dude.

I think rings do matter somewhat. That's an argument that is always used.

And ya the HOF chooses it for you now, it's the Boggs rule after Wade several years ago was supposedly going to get paid by the Rays to have him wear their cap.
laugh.gif

eff wade boggs
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by JumpmanFromDaBay

i just dont think any of the steroid users are getting in.

I gotta agree somewhat....

It's one thing if you get in the hall and were never caught cheating....it's another thing if you were caught cheating before you got in the hall.  I was listening to Mike and Mike a few months back and I think it was Buster Olney who was being interviewed.  If it wasn't him, it was someone who was a part of the voting media...anyways, the media is VERY sour on guys who have been caught using PED's.  They are going to have a hard time getting into Cooperstown because of the stigma of being a "roid user."  I'm sure eventually A-Rod will get into the HOF, but I don't think the voters will make him a 1st ballot.  He's going to have to wait and see what happens to guys who came before him who were also caught.  If Palmeiro, McGwire, Bonds, Clemens, etc don't get in, I don't see how you can make any sort of argument for A-Rod. 

It was Stark, I know which one you're talking about. I tend to agree w/Dirk on this one. Yes, the media is very sour on these guys but the ones who have apologized and come out about their usage haven't been looked down upon as those who blantantly lied to a long time. I don't think it's necessarily fair to put A-Rod in the same sentence as a Palmeiro, McGwire, Bonds or Clemens. Dudes to this day deny any form of usage. At least he came out and said, yes I did take performance enhancers. Probably not the full truth but there was so admittance and remorse on his part. The media and fans are always forgiving and always looking for a "comeback" story which A-Rod kinda gave em last year.

And BTW good luck charm DoubleJ's, when you starting that Yankee hater thread again? %%*# propelled us to #27.

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Proshares

It was Stark, I know which one you're talking about. I tend to agree w/Dirk on this one. Yes, the media is very sour on these guys but the ones who have apologized and come out about their usage haven't been looked down upon as those who blantantly lied to a long time. I don't think it's necessarily fair to put A-Rod in the same sentence as a Palmeiro, McGwire, Bonds or Clemens. Dudes to this day deny any form of usage. At least he came out and said, yes I did take performance enhancers. Probably not the full truth but there was so admittance and remorse on his part. The media and fans are always forgiving and always looking for a "comeback" story which A-Rod kinda gave em last year.

And BTW good luck charm DoubleJ's, when you starting that Yankee hater thread again? %%*# propelled us to #27.

laugh.gif
roll.gif
smh.gif

that !**% was an epic backfire....

Originally Posted by Proshares

laugh.gif
The HOF is all about the numbers though. Whether you fessed up or not is irrelevant IMO, you were still using PEDs during your career and benefited from it. That would be some BS if they voted in the guys who confessed and not Bonds. Public forgiveness is one thing but the HOF is another. The line needs to be drawn there.

The players that are in the HOF should not have to share it with players who cheated. Wouldn't be right.

I think they should just let the current HOF'ers vote on the fate of the PED users. That would be fair and leave no room for debate.

Back
Top Bottom