A-Rod and the HOF debate Vol. Which hat?

You guys really think steroid users aren't getting in? All it takes is one man, then the walls of precedent come crashing down. What happens when somebody we saw elected, we find out they did steroids. What then? Or what happens when the a decade goes by and there are no hall of fame inductees because everybody did it?

They will get in. mark my words they will get in.

Originally Posted by ERASCISM

Originally Posted by Proshares

It was Stark, I know which one you're talking about. I tend to agree w/Dirk on this one. Yes, the media is very sour on these guys but the ones who have apologized and come out about their usage haven't been looked down upon as those who blantantly lied to a long time. I don't think it's necessarily fair to put A-Rod in the same sentence as a Palmeiro, McGwire, Bonds or Clemens. Dudes to this day deny any form of usage. At least he came out and said, yes I did take performance enhancers. Probably not the full truth but there was so admittance and remorse on his part. The media and fans are always forgiving and always looking for a "comeback" story which A-Rod kinda gave em last year.

And BTW good luck charm DoubleJ's, when you starting that Yankee hater thread again? %%*# propelled us to #27.

laugh.gif
The HOF is all about the numbers though. Whether you fessed up or not is irrelevant IMO, you were still using PEDs during your career and benefited from it. That would be some BS if they voted in the guys who confessed and not Bonds. Public forgiveness is one thing but the HOF is another. The line needs to be drawn there.

The players that are in the HOF should not have to share it with players who cheated. Wouldn't be right.

I think they should just let the current HOF'ers vote on the fate of the PED users. That would be fair and leave no room for debate.

I'll tell you what Osh tells (and proves) to everyone...every era of baseball is dirty.  Whether it's PED's, amphetamines (sp?), spitting on the baseball, what have you.  Are they just not going to let players from this era get in?  That's a little ridiculous.  The writers vote for the HOF and whether or not you confess and show some remorse is going to play a huge part in the next 10 years or so in voting.  Public forgiveness with PED's and the HOF are starting to go hand in hand a bit.  Once one person is voted in, you're going to see a wave of them get in.

The writers vote for the HOF and whether or not you confess and show some remorse is going to play a huge part in the next 10 years or so in voting.
You're probably right, but I think this is ridiculous. For comparison:

McGwire was a HOF-caliber player. He used PEDs. He refused to admit it to Congress and made a fool of himself in the process. He sheepishly admitted his steroid use years later so he could get a job with the Cardinals.

A-Rod is a HOF-caliber player. He used PEDs. He lied about it in a 60 Minutes interview with Katie Couric. He sheepishly admitted his steroid use years later, only because he tested positive.

So because A-Rod made less of an +%* of himself than McGwire on a much lesser stage, he should get in, but McGwire shouldn't? The baseball writers need to judge players by their careers instead of judging them by their faked levels of contrition.

Originally Posted by JoRDaN201

Originally Posted by JD617

That's assuming he even gets into the Hall. Unless the voters change their stance on PED users, it's probably not gonna happen.

You know damn right A-Rod is going in. I mean, he had his best all around season AFTER admitting to steroids. Most of the other guys DECLINED after admitting. And plus, Bonds, Sosa, nor Big Mac won rings.

now you know im die hard yankees, and a rod is definitely in the HOF as a yankee, but this is not true

Originally Posted by JumpmanFromDaBay

Ya he admited it but that was after he lied about it and it came public that he tested positive.
oops.

SAN FRANCISCO

GIGANTES

Originally Posted by IncredibleEv

That's assuming he even gets into the Hall. Unless the voters change their stance on PED users, it's probably not gonna happen.

You know damn right A-Rod is going in. I mean, he had his best all around season AFTER admitting to steroids. Most of the other guys DECLINED after admitting. And plus, Bonds, Sosa, nor Big Mac won rings.

now you know im die hard yankees, and a rod is definitely in the HOF as a yankee, but this is not true

How is it not true? I said ALL AROUND, meaning reg season + Post season. THis was his best ALL AROUND season cause he had a good reg season, GREAT postseason and a ring. 

he's going to go in as a Yankee, but I bet it was nice having JR hitting behind you ...

The writers vote for the HOF and whether or not you confess and show some remorse is going to play a huge part in the next 10 years or so in voting.
You're probably right, but I think this is ridiculous. For comparison:

McGwire was a HOF-caliber player. He used PEDs. He refused to admit it to Congress and made a fool of himself in the process. He sheepishly admitted his steroid use years later so he could get a job with the Cardinals.

A-Rod is a HOF-caliber player. He used PEDs. He lied about it in a 60 Minutes interview with Katie Couric. He sheepishly admitted his steroid use years later, only because he tested positive.

So because A-Rod made less of an +%* of himself than McGwire on a much lesser stage, he should get in, but McGwire shouldn't? The baseball writers need to judge players by their careers instead of judging them by their faked levels of contrition.

Not saying I agreed with it but that's how it's going to wind up.  The writers are the most fickle people ever and they're sometimes easily swayed by the media.  Both A-Rod and McGwire should be in.

Yeah it wasn't directed at you, Pro, I just don't like the idea that Bonds, Clemens, and McGwire should take the fall for all this.

Ya'll really being disrepctful to the upcoming greatest of all time...

Try to be nicer.

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

Originally Posted by HANNSUM

Wait, when did we start talking about Pujols?
64a1594c7067b4f7e7ccf6d1a85e6493ea7302d.gif

Nobodies mentioned he's on Roids yet. Soon my friend, soon.

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

Originally Posted by HANNSUM

Wait, when did we start talking about Pujols?
64a1594c7067b4f7e7ccf6d1a85e6493ea7302d.gif

Nobodies mentioned he's on Roids yet. Soon my friend, soon.

within the next 2 seasons... has to happen lol

Back
Top Bottom