A Year After the Non-Apocalypse: Where Are They Now?

Macho Man saved us.
tumblr_lp6takWM5n1r0dj84o1_500.jpg

Fascinating read.

It's nominally about this sect but I think it applies just as well to religion as a whole. All the stuff about convincing yourself that something utterly absurd is true.

no sillyputty

no...his words never had legitimacy just because he was given media attention..why have you accepted this mans word as truth? no no no 

I haven't been to church in 4 years and even I know the Bible says no man knows the date.

"No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father."
- Mark 13:32

The followers usually literally have to start over after ruining their (and possibly their family's) lives financially. Most feel broken and foolish and never reach the standard of living they were at previously.

Leaders usually have backup plans
laugh.gif
and use all the money they took from their followers to either disappear or start up a new doomsday theory/equations unless they're the type that kill themselves cult style.

say they miscalculated the day and pick another day (repeat). but in the mean time.....

723258_o.gif

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

The followers usually literally have to start over after ruining their (and possibly their family's) lives financially. Most feel broken and foolish and never reach the standard of living they were at previously.

Leaders usually have backup plans
laugh.gif
and use all the money they took from their followers to either disappear or start up a new doomsday theory/equations unless they're the type that kill themselves cult style.
Basically this.
If I were one of those leader's I would take all the profits and disappear.  Just live in some small town in Italy or something.

Can't wait until December 13th when I get to call out the doomsday predictors on NT, and they'll all run and hide like cowards because they won't be able to own up to being frauds.

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

Fascinating read.

It's nominally about this sect but I think it applies just as well to religion as a whole. All the stuff about convincing yourself that something utterly absurd is true.

no sillyputty
What I had planned to post, almost word for word.

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

Can't wait until December 13th 22nd when I get to call out the doomsday predictors on NT, and they'll all run and hide like cowards because they won't be able to own up to being frauds.

Fixed.
But 2012 is a myth. The world is already dead.

Originally Posted by buggz05

Can't wait until December 13th 22nd when I get to call out the doomsday predictors on NT, and they'll all run and hide like cowards because they won't be able to own up to being frauds.
Fixed.
I get tired of finding that pic that talks about leap years and what not which explains that December 22nd 2012 technically happened a few years ago. Mayans did not account for leap years so w/e made up premonition of doom ppl believe has already passed or already happened.

I would say  I'm shocked that NTers really believe in this stuff but when you give it some thought NTers believe in a lot of illogical things that require blind faith.

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

Originally Posted by buggz05

Fixed.
I get tired of finding that pic that talks about leap years and what not which explains that December 22nd 2012 technically happened a few years ago. Mayans did not account for leap years so w/e made up premonition of doom ppl believe has already passed or already happened.

I would say  I'm shocked that NTers really believe in this stuff but when you give it some thought NTers believe in a lot of illogical things that require blind faith.
The 2012 prophecies have always been about a new beginning, and an end to the world "as we know it." It's all about ascension. If people want to believe that ascension will be the death of them, then so be it I say.

Back
Top Bottom