Abandoned Island in the middle of NYC (Pics)

For some reason I have a thing for urban exploration.

I sometimes sit on my laptop for hours looking up abandoned theme parks, arenas, houses, buildings etc.

would be awesome to check out an island, too bad im in Socal.

Someone should start an Official Abandoned pictures thread :nerd:

Last edited:

I sometimes sit on my laptop for hours looking up abandoned theme parks, arenas, houses, buildings etc.

Yea, I have a fascination with ghost towns. Just the vibe from the pictures and knowing that at one point the area was all hustle and bustle and now it's just there uninhabited

Yea, I have a fascination with ghost towns. Just the vibe from the pictures and knowing that at one point the area was all hustle and bustle and now it's just there uninhabited

Same here. Not really going to the places but looking at pics of them. Here's a website that I follow focusing on abandoned places in my state:

http://www.abandonednj.com/ and

http://www.vacantnewjersey.com/index.html

We all know zombies come from eating dollar store chuck wagons. You guys can't be serious...

I'm 90% sure there HAVE to be homeless people living here already by the way.  I don't buy this "totally deserted" thing one bit.

Unless they swam there or stole a boat, I highly doubt it

No?

I mean not all the homeless in the city are dirt poor or resourceless.  There's guys in Washington Sq. Park with new mac books.  You don't think they could hustle up/steal a kayak?
I see what you're saying. But ain't nobody going over there b. Even though it's not a long distance, nobody here is kyaking that
laugh.gif
. Homeless people with macbooks? That must be good living then
laugh.gif
. I should pay more attention next time I roll by Washington Square park then.
Dude with a laptop and cell phone tried to ask me and AntonLavey for money once.  It almost started a fight
laugh.gif

No?

I mean not all the homeless in the city are dirt poor or resourceless.  There's guys in Washington Sq. Park with new mac books.  You don't think they could hustle up/steal a kayak?

The homeless depend on others for survival. Its hard to depend on others in isolation.

Be careful if you visit OP, i feel like the homeless are waiting in the bushes ready to take a lead pipe to your head and then your waking up in that old x-ray machine covered in ice with a sign explaining how your kidney was removed 

Back
Top Bottom