Abby Dawson is gonna be out of a job soon....vol. *whispers* That's not harrassing

Man! This got me tight...

I feel for this kid and apparently, Dawson has a history of not being too helpful. I'm glad this story is picking up steam. Ol' girl ******* with folks' money and potential careers.

A Kennesaw State University student posted a video Thursday of an attempt to meet with his academic advisor about his major and graduation requirements. He never got the meeting, because the school’s director of advising called security on him for “harassing” her by “sitting here until someone is available.”

Kevin Bruce, an exercise science major, has apparently been trying since at least last year to get answers from the woman in the video, Abby Dawson, about which classes he should take—as evidenced by the email exchanges he posted on Twitter—and his efforts to meet with her in person this week weren’t any more successful.

Since Bruce’s video started spreading, turning #ItsBiggerThanKSU into a trending topic and making the local news, other students have come forward with stories about their advisor’s failure to actually advise.

Student Films as Advisor Accuses Him of Harassment for Seeking Advice

She def isn't doing her job well but I doubt she'll be fired for this.

It's crazy how easy it is now days to become a hashtag

Peeped the guys twitter who recorded it, he tweeted saying it wasn't a racial issue cause everyone can experience this.. Tis true, but I couldn't see a white dude or white girl having the police called on them for no reason lol. She needs to get the boot asap. 

This is the type of foolishness white women pull all the time at these institutions. Deal with it all the time, the false sense of entitlement is real. Idiots in the comments saying he basically should've advised himself probably never been to college a day in their lives. You got scum like this on staff but these institutions will parade on about inclusion. :rolleyes

Im confused, what kind school is he going to where you can't schedule appointments. At my college we could schedule online for our advisor and if we want to drop in randomly, they had floating advisors who you could wait for

Wait so dude had no idea what class to take how's that possible. His school didn't provide a outline for his major?

She def isn't doing her job well but I doubt she'll be fired for this.

It's crazy how easy it is now days to become a hashtag
They might if the story gets enough attention especially with the current laser focus of race in the media.

She's not a cop, there aint no white code of silence for white collar workers.

This is the type of foolishness white women pull all the time at these institutions. Deal with it all the time, the false sense of entitlement is real. Idiots in the comments saying he basically should've advised himself probably never been to college a day in their lives. You got scum like this on staff but these institutions will parade on about inclusion.
eyes.gif
Agreed. When will this entitlement stop? You can get whatever you want by being "offended"/"harassed" these days.

Wait so dude had no idea what class to take how's that possible. His school didn't provide a outline for his major?

Maybe he never checked his major's section on the school website. If he's been trying to contact an advisor since last year then he should've complained earlier and also contacted the head of the department for his major.

Maybe he never checked his major's section on the school website. If he's been trying to contact an advisor since last year then he should've complained earlier and also contacted the head of the department for his major.

this.. eventhough this lady was acting silly for what seems like not a big deal, this guy isnt trying hard enough if he just waited around a year to get a response. you got to try harder than that buddy and school be more readily accessible for students. bottomline, everyone should be doing their damn job.

There was this really ugly lady that worked at the front desk at the administration office at my college. I'd ask her questions about forms and documents and she'd give short, robotic responses. I told her I needed stuff sent out and she said she couldn't help me even though another office sent me there. She's respond in an angry way like I wasn't supposed to ask her questions.

Last edited:
LoL at waiting for them to come back being harassment though. It seems like he just wanted to talk to someone or set up an appointment to do so. She reminds me of this white chic we had that used to work at the gym on Fort Sill, and admittedly our pickup games can get a little rawkus you got a lot of testosterone and big dudes arguing, cussing, etc. but she got so scared she would just call the police and literally got to a point where they would stop by every 45 minutes to an hour when they were passing by and she'd just point kats out like we were doing anything if you spoke to her with too deep of tone in your voice when she said something smart, or just looked at her in a way that made her feel threatened, which again everything did.

I graduated from a primarily wealthy white populated private college and transferred in from another school, I will never forget the day I randomly fell upon a black advisor by accident (not my actual advisor) She proceeded to tell me a lot of helpful information, ALL of which my actual advisor did NOT tell me. And I'm not talking about where the gym is, we're talking about classes necessary to obtain my degree. We need more minorities in admission offices and counseling offices. I resonated more with those individuals than anyone else in the faculty.

Last edited:
SOUNDS FISHY...
like if the student really cared about their ed plan they'd have set something up... NOT WAIT UNTIL THE END OF THE SCHOOL YEAR

anyone whose been to college knows you got to either;

A) set up an appointment to meet with a counselor,... which could take weeks to months depending on what time of the school year it is

Or...

B) come in during "DROP IN" hours, "IF" THE COUNSELORS HAVE DROP IN HOURS...

In any case, if you maintain a good relationship with your counselors they're happy to see you WHENEVER.

But if you mull around for over a year, and decide to show up when you want without an appointment you're not going to be a PRIORITY

I DON'T CARE WHAT YOU THINK A PERSON'S JOB IS, THAT'S JUST THE WAY IT GOES.

She was wrong... she should've just told him; no one's going to see you, you may want to set up an appointment.

The fact that only 15% of students at Kennesaw State earn their degree within 4 years is a pretty damning figure.

Back
Top Bottom