? about the last infared 90 release

When and what type of release was it? (limited, gr)

how much were they and what are the chances of us seeing them retroed any time soon?

came out around xmas time 2005. got mine for 79.99 from foot locker. general release, they sat around in my area. dont know about future retros.

went on sale Dec 5, 2005. there was a sticker on the box instructing shops not to sell prior to that date. they were a GR. many pairs available. sat around forabout a month in my area. stil, saw less popular sizes about 4 months after release. many people slept on these because many people didn;t wear 90's backin 2005. if they were to retro like this again, i guarantee they won;t stay on shelves more than the weekend.

Originally Posted by iNiNe5

went on sale Dec 5, 2005. there was a sticker on the box instructing shops not to sell prior to that date. they were a GR. many pairs available. sat around for about a month in my area. stil, saw less popular sizes about 4 months after release. many people slept on these because many people didn;t wear 90's back in 2005. if they were to retro like this again, i guarantee they won;t stay on shelves more than the weekend.

Enh, I'm not so sure about them selling out now if they were retroed again. These were a general release...remember that. And prior to them releasingEVERYONE on their mama on NT was fiending for a pair of Infras. It isn't like these snuck under the radar of the folks who are really into kicks. We allknew they were coming, and yet they still sat on store shelves. I think it just goes to show you that the Niketalk population, and those who lurk, are a TINYsegment of the shoe-buying public. Apparently, the general public just wasn't feeling these. And that's cool with me--just means less money I gottaspend and more for me.

i don't know where you guys live, but they were FLYING off the shelves in manhattan. the footlocker on broadway went through like 3-4 shipments a day for awhile..

other places in the city, they kinda sat, but not for that long.

They sold out quickly in Connecticut, i think they would sell even better if they were released again now just because the hype is so crazy on AM's. I haveto say, Nike definitely got these right; it is a great shoe/the quality is on point. If only they had GRed the laser blue's this year, we need anothergood, simple AM90 colorway.

these sat around in my area. picked up 3 pairs a good 2-3 months after RD for $40 each

Originally Posted by size twelve

i don't know where you guys live, but they were FLYING off the shelves in manhattan. the footlocker on broadway went through like 3-4 shipments a day for a while..

other places in the city, they kinda sat, but not for that long.

NYC is a different animal than the rest of the country, when it comes to shoes. Same with Cali, or at least parts of it. I went into ****'s SportingGoods this past January, and dude went in the back and brought out the 95s, 93s, 180s, and Infrareds from the HOA pack--each with like 2 or 3 pairs left. Hell, a month ago I went to ****'s down here in AL and I saw mad pairs of the women's 93s, 95s and 180s. Same with the Ultramarines.

Honestly, as much as I love major cities, I gotta say when it comes to GR stuff, you can't beat smaller metro areas. If it isn't some bootleg Forcesor J's, heads here ain't buyin' it, for the most part. All I gotta do is wait it out, and swoop on it later at discounted prices. The tradeoffis that when there's some quickstrike/boutique %+!@ I want, I gotta pay extra.

sat on shelves for a short while in philly, too. it's crazy how much they go for now, last year i picked up a pair for $80 and i know that's neverhappening again... sad.

sat in VA and KY for months. I got a second pair (size 15 nonethelss) for 49.99 at Oceana Naval Base.

Has anyone else noticed these things last forever? My pair has been to hell and back, but with one cleaning, they look great.

Id really kill for a pair now.. Im one of the dudes that slept. and I too vouch saying if they were to be retro'd they'd be gone in a matter of aweekend..

I regret only copping 1 pair, although they didnt release in Canada, the less than retail prices on the net sure made up for it.
Now my pair is in need of some TLC.

$200-250 is a bit too much for me (size 11), so ill wait to the next retro and this time ill definitely be ready.

I regret passin on these when HOA was released, I bought a couple pairs of 87s though, one for retail, one for $40, and one for $20
pimp.gif
. I knew the generalpublic wouldn't scoop up the 90s like that, but then I slept too much and before u knew it they disapeared
frown.gif
ohwell.gif
smh.gif
I seen a couples pairs my size floatinaround (12 btw) but all $200 +

*starts cleaning his beater pair*
anyone have any good tips on how to clean the mesh?
laugh.gif

i kept waiting for them to go on sale too... glad i got at least 1 pair though... my size (12) seems to steadily hit for over 200 on ebay..

I copped my pair with ease for retail.
I was wondering why dudes were buying 4 - 5 pairs each. The prices now are insane
eek.gif

just collected dust in an around the detroit area....then i came and bought a bunch during a friends and fam sale, there are still some places that have thered AM1 laying around in my area....its funny how cheap these got and now people are paying $250 on ebay...

I'd kill for another release of these. Man did I sleep on them. Probably the best 80 dollars I ever spent, all I know is I loved my pair, and wore them tothe ground. It was also one of the very few shoes my mom got me. Wish I stocked up on a few more pairs. Oh btw they sold really well in nyc and didn't siton shelves very long. The AM1 however did sit but got sold out eventually.

Originally Posted by YOUNG SHERLOCK

A ds size 13 just went for $365 on ebay.

The buyer must be from either Cali or Europe.

I had a pair of 13's on the bay less than 6 months ago with a reserve of $150 and they didn't sell...highest offer I got was $100

as for the selling of the shoe, I think it was just a case of too much product at once. The History of Air with all it's shoes was followed up veryquickly by 40 or so other Air Max's that Niketown most graciously overcharged for...

our community is big but when you flood the market even good product is going to sit

Back
Top Bottom