about to be hired at Enterprise...thoughts?

whats good NT
i graduated in may and have been on a mild job search since then.  i recently been called in for the 3rd interview, and ive been told that once you get there, ur just about in.

ima be working 7:30-6:30 mon-fri.
indifferent.gif
 and one saturday out of the month, which is 9am-12.  the pay is about $13/hr.  and with all the incentives it averages out to $35k-40k.

they have been known for their strong management training business structure, and i have chance to move up to managing my own branch in a couple years.

i dont want to do this as a career, but it looks good on the resume once you become a manager.  i am a management concentration which is very broad, so i would think this experience would be beneficial.

have any of u guys worked there?  if so, please chime in.

I remember in one of my business classes, my teacher talked about how they are one of the best companies in the U.S to work for. Like you said, they offer you many opportunities to get to higher positions. It may not be what you ultimately wanted, but you never know....it may be something that you actually enjoy.

Your not making much but in this economy be happy you have a job offer. I say take it, work your way up and see where you wanna go from there.

Worked at Enterprise before. Job sucks. Nothing else I can say about it. At least you got a job though.

in this market, it may be a good idea to take anything you can get, just to get your feet wet.

Even if its not your dream job, its always easier to find something else while you still have a full time gig. I read an article the other day about employers who are asking unemployed applicants NOT to apply because they will be automatically turned down. Unemployment is like having a scarlet letter, even if you have a legit reason for being unemployed. Take the Enterprise job now, figure out your future as you go along.

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Your not making much but in this economy be happy you have a job offer. I say take it, work your way up and see where you wanna go from there.

really? 35 - 40K isnt alot? im pretty sure thats more than enough to live comfortably

yea enterprise is a good company to work for.. they hire u with the sole purpose of training and grooming u into becoming a manager, so they basically promote growth.

Originally Posted by air max 87

really? 35 - 40K isnt alot? im pretty sure thats more than enough to live comfortably

That all depends on where you live.
Where I live if you don't get section 8 or roommates or something, 35k isn't cutting it

Originally Posted by useref15

I remember in one of my business classes, my teacher talked about how they are one of the best companies in the U.S to work for. Like you said, they offer you many opportunities to get to higher positions. It may not be what you ultimately wanted, but you never know....it may be something that you actually enjoy.
Same here... and my professor was a reaaaal successful due, used to be an exec for a major oil company.

Originally Posted by 151sippa

yea enterprise is a good company to work for.. they hire u with the sole purpose of training and grooming u into becoming a manager, so they basically promote growth.

Then I'm gonna try to get a job at Enterprise Rent-A-Car, because they got an excellent corporate structure and they... *they* give *you* the tools to be your own boss. 

I rent from enterprise about 3 or 4 times a month. The guys who work there seem pretty chill, but it's hard for me to believe most of them have college degrees... I would think you would be able to do better than renting out cars..

my guy worked there. LONG HOURS...be prepared..not alotta room for growth..but it does give u great experience for a foundation..see if u can stick it out a yr or 2..then start lking at less stressful gigs

I always thought Enterprise was a good company to work for, was told the same as well. But they have an entire forum dedicated (and filled) with reasons to not work there. I don't remember the name of the site, but I'd google around, because there's probably some great information on there ...

They had a forum with current employees on there complaining about it, but I think its gone now. Gave great insight though. Pretty much they said its long hours and they have a high turnover rate. Will look good on your resume and if you need the money, then its worth it. I had an interview with them, but cancelled it.

My boys girl worked there as "manager trainee" in Los Angeles and ended up getting laid off along with the majority of Los Angeles when they began to purge to their home office. They only kept a few positions here. for $13/hr there's better things out there for you to do with less hours and more pay.

my boy is a branch manager in long island he's almost making 6 figures

EDIT: FailingEnterprise.com is the website the others were talking about

I have heard the same about Enterprise being a good training ground for management.  However, I am always leery of companies who are chronic posters on job sites.  If they always have positions open, there must be a reason.  Either they are constantly expanding or people are quitting that fast.

Originally Posted by kilojules64

Originally Posted by air max 87

That all depends on where you live.
Where I live if you don't get section 8 or roommates or something, 35k isn't cutting it
Yeah in NY you can barely feed yourself with that if you're living alone.

Originally Posted by heyitszachm

a job is a job, hold it for a while until you can find something better

Pretty much, unless you have the option of starting (or being in college for much longer) a lot of people are taking jobs they wouldn't normally consider. It's rough out there...

I worked at Enterprise earlier this summer as a service agent (needed a part time job for the Summer) and it sucked
laugh.gif
. Be prepared to be washing cars and working 12 hour days sometimes. It also depends on your location. If you work at an Enterprise in the airport, you won't be doing any washing. But if you're at a regular commercial location, you're going to be washing cars in a shirt and tie
laugh.gif
. Just be ready for a BS job basically

job sucks. i worked for them for 2 years.
its basically a bunch of recent grads who still try to party like students when they aren't working 50+ hrs. a week.
try looking at Failingenterprise.com if its still up.

now granted i met a lot of good friends working there but honestly the pay/hours is not worth it. however, it does look great on your resume'.

Back
Top Bottom