about to cop some Jordan 3s from 2001 and 03 got a quick question

Now I`m not one to wear a pair of kicks 24/7 but someone is offering me 2 pairs in decent condition for cheap, they don't show evidence of cracking or anything but are these joints prone to cracking? I see a lot of Fire red retros and the current joints on Ebay with paint chipping and all that, like I said these look decent. should I pull trigger? 

Now I`m not one to wear a pair of kicks 24/7 but someone is offering me 2 pairs in decent condition for cheap, they don't show evidence of cracking or anything but are these joints prone to cracking? I see a lot of Fire red retros and the current joints on Ebay with paint chipping and all that, like I said these look decent. should I pull trigger? 

they do crack but you can always get some angelus paint to re-paint them or cover the cracking

they do crack but you can always get some angelus paint to re-paint them or cover the cracking

I say go for it.

If they are in good condition and knowing you don't wear them 24/7.

I have heard stories of 3's cracking, but idk if these are the case for ALL 3's or just retros.

But anyways, I say pull the trigger.

YOLO.

laugh.gif

I say go for it.

I have heard stories of 3's cracking, but idk if these are the case for ALL 3's or just retros.

But anyways, I say pull the trigger.

YOLO.

laugh.gif

lol the paint cracking aint the same as my joints crumbling right? I remember seeing pics from when cats use to cop OGs or 90s joints and they kicks would straight crumble.

lol the paint cracking aint the same as my joints crumbling right? I remember seeing pics from when cats use to cop OGs or 90s joints and they kicks would straight crumble.

It really depends how they were stored and how well they were taken care of. Over time, they'll eventually crumble like a cookie. I un-DS'd my 03 white cement 3s and the paint cracked after one wear. Mainly on the right shoe for some reason. Not bad after 9 Years of storage. Here's a tip: look at the air bubble on both shoes. if they're fogged up where you can't see through them, most likely it'll crumble, due to your weight and the air bubble not holding up. Causing your weight to be shifted to the midsole.

It really depends how they were stored and how well they were taken care of. Over time, they'll eventually crumble like a cookie. I un-DS'd my 03 white cement 3s and the paint cracked after one wear. Mainly on the right shoe for some reason. Not bad after 9 Years of storage. Here's a tip: look at the air bubble on both shoes. if they're fogged up where you can't see through them, most likely it'll crumble, due to your weight and the air bubble not holding up. Causing your weight to be shifted to the midsole.

Originally Posted by Daver

LOL I wish I saw this before pulling the trigger, one of the pairs (True blues from 01) The seller said he defogged the bubble.
I got the 01 True Blues, 03 White/cemet, and 08 Black cement 3s for 588.

LOL I wish I saw this before pulling the trigger, one of the pairs (True blues from 01) The seller said he defogged the bubble.
I got the 01 True Blues, 03 White/cemet, and 08 Black cement 3s for 588.

Defogged? If he un fogged it and it never fogged back up after then that's a good sign. I took a blow dryer to my 99 metallic v's and they unfogged and fogged right back up after 5 minutes. I wore them anyways and the midsole cracked after 1 hour of wear.
laugh.gif

Defogged? If he un fogged it and it never fogged back up after then that's a good sign. I took a blow dryer to my 99 metallic v's and they unfogged and fogged right back up after 5 minutes. I wore them anyways and the midsole cracked after 1 hour of wear.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

lol who knows, i guess i`ll find out 
frown.gif

laugh.gif

lol who knows, i guess i`ll find out 
frown.gif

Originally Posted by dts939

please post pics lol im curious
/i.ebayimg.com/t/2001-Nike-Air-Jordan-Retro-3-True-Blue-Mocha-Cement-Flip-Doernbecher-OG-11-12-13-/00/s/MTIwMFgxNjAw/$(KGrHqZ,!n4E8Vq-GZnrBPNwouJpH!~~60_57.JPG">$(KGrHqZ,!n4E8Vq-GZnrBPNwouJpH!~~60_57.JPG" alt="image">
/i.ebayimg.com/t/2001-Nike-Air-Jordan-Retro-3-True-Blue-Mocha-Cement-Flip-Doernbecher-OG-11-12-13-/00/s/MTIwMFgxNjAw/$(KGrHqJ,!lYE8EoZK0LpBPNwpzoRFw~~60_57.JPG">$(KGrHqJ,!lYE8EoZK0LpBPNwpzoRFw~~60_57.JPG" alt="image">

/i.ebayimg.com/t/2001-Nike-Air-Jordan-Retro-3-True-Blue-Mocha-Cement-Flip-Doernbecher-OG-11-12-13-/00/s/MTIwMFgxNjAw/$(KGrHqF,!n8E8VcRJEMkBPNwoT6tuQ~~60_57.JPG">$(KGrHqF,!n8E8VcRJEMkBPNwoT6tuQ~~60_57.JPG" alt="image">

Originally Posted by dts939

please post pics lol im curious
/i.ebayimg.com/t/2001-Nike-Air-Jordan-Retro-3-True-Blue-Mocha-Cement-Flip-Doernbecher-OG-11-12-13-/00/s/MTIwMFgxNjAw/$(KGrHqZ,!n4E8Vq-GZnrBPNwouJpH!~~60_57.JPG">$(KGrHqZ,!n4E8Vq-GZnrBPNwouJpH!~~60_57.JPG" alt="image">
/i.ebayimg.com/t/2001-Nike-Air-Jordan-Retro-3-True-Blue-Mocha-Cement-Flip-Doernbecher-OG-11-12-13-/00/s/MTIwMFgxNjAw/$(KGrHqJ,!lYE8EoZK0LpBPNwpzoRFw~~60_57.JPG">$(KGrHqJ,!lYE8EoZK0LpBPNwpzoRFw~~60_57.JPG" alt="image">

/i.ebayimg.com/t/2001-Nike-Air-Jordan-Retro-3-True-Blue-Mocha-Cement-Flip-Doernbecher-OG-11-12-13-/00/s/MTIwMFgxNjAw/$(KGrHqF,!n8E8VcRJEMkBPNwoT6tuQ~~60_57.JPG">$(KGrHqF,!n8E8VcRJEMkBPNwoT6tuQ~~60_57.JPG" alt="image">

FutureDHughes wrote:

I say go for it.

indifferent.gif
The what? All of the 3's in question are retro's... what is this you speak of?

OP, pics aren't working.

FutureDHughes wrote:

I say go for it.

indifferent.gif
The what? All of the 3's in question are retro's... what is this you speak of?

OP, pics aren't working.

Back
Top Bottom