About to lose my job. (blessing in disguise?)

I just got word that they're gettin rid of the department I work in at a dealership, and they'll be moving in Enterprise rental cars instead. I spoketo the service manager at the dealership where I work at and he offered me a job parking cars for 9.25 an hour
indifferent.gif

Not really sure if I can get down with that because, even though I'm taking a major L... eventually I'm gonna get used to it and get stuck inposistion.

Mind you, I'm not done with school yet, have a part time gig on the weekends, and I'm still livin at home with my parents. So I'm thinking maybeits best for me to just let them do their thing and focus on school more.
They gave us until the end of June to be out of here.... I can't tell you how stressed out I am
mad.gif

It's even worse when people keep asking me "so what are you gonna do now?"

I don't even know how to think right now

Well the fact that this is stressing you out lets me assume that you depended on this job to pay bills/eat etc. I say you take the new job and look foranother. Getting something is a whole lot better than getting nothing. Why are you convinced that you will get stuck in that position though, what do you meanexactly?

take the $9.25 job, that's decent

common sense says a job is better than no job,

you don't want too many gaps in time on your resume if you can help it

you can still finish school, get a job , then quit this job

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

Well the fact that this is stressing you out lets me assume that you depended on this job to pay bills/eat etc. I say you take the new job and look for another. Getting something is a whole lot better than getting nothing. Why are you convinced that you will get stuck in that position though, what do you mean exactly?

To make a long story short, theres no future in parking cars. It was my second job ever (and very simple) and I've done the parking cars thing for almost 3years..not challenging at all. I got a promotion and been working as a assistant manager in the rental office for 2 years. I don't like hopping from job tojob though, my work ethics are great.

Like tmukg said why not just do it for now while not looking for another job. Plus you're going to school im not sure for what but you make it seem likethis is it for you.

Start applying at similar facilities...your position and experience might net you the same or similar position with another company. If not then stick with theparking gig if you need the money...I don't know about where you are but it's hard to get hired right now, especially higher positions

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

Well the fact that this is stressing you out lets me assume that you depended on this job to pay bills/eat etc. I say you take the new job and look for another. Getting something is a whole lot better than getting nothing. Why are you convinced that you will get stuck in that position though, what do you mean exactly?

^^ Exactly... Luckily you live at home with your parents... some people losing their jobs aren't so fortunate... look at the positive as opposed to thenegatives!

Originally Posted by ninjahood

apply for unemployment

If you apply for Unemployment, you may be denied due to them offering you a job and you declined it. I would take the $9.25. You still in school, let it bemotivation that when you graduate from school you can begin your CAREER, and not stay at this JOB once you are done.

Plus as far as resume goes, you dont want too many gaps in emplyment. It may hurt you in the future when you do apply for your career.

Well, if I were you I would take the job at Enterprise and see how it goes...who knows you might like it and I have heard Enterprise isn't a bad place towork. However, if it doesn't work out then you can leave and focus more on school. I worked my freshmen year of college at Walgreens and quit so I couldfocus on school and get done quicker. If it ever comes up in an interview why you left just tell them you valued your education and wanted to focus on school.

Back
Top Bottom