ACA: Affordable Care Act (better known as OBAMACARE) - Enrollment Starts October 1st - You In?

As much as you like to pretend to be on your pro black ******** at times, you should be well aware of what Malcolm X said about the "winning team".
Refresh my memory champ.
oh please, every single democrat that has a vulnerable senate seat is advocating a delay because their *** is on da line in 2014 midterm elections, 
laugh.gif
it doesn't matter that obama

isn't on da ballot, thats actually a GREAT thing,
I don't see if that way as of now.  Reason being is I believe Americans realize that the Republican party is not doing anything positive in Congress, they just want to oppose but don't really want to do anything or have any direction.  Not to mention the recent government shutdown definitely did not have the Republican party or brand as a whole.  They were seen as the cause of the shutdown, some Republicans even reveled in it.  Not a good look at all champ, but we'll see how things go down in 2014.  I expect you to go Patrick Swayze once the results come rolling in that night. 

6 seats and da republicans take da senate...guess where those states where da seats are at?

ARKANSAS

LOUISIANA

NORTH CAROLINA

SOUTH DAKOTA

ALASKA

VIRGINIA

with da EPA regulations which is HOSTILE to coal, da keystone XL stalling, 

and da obamacare backlash it looks VERY grim for da democrats to control da senate past 2014..

dueceking very where knows da party that isn't in da white house ALWAYS gains power in a non presidential election. da democrats were punished in 2010 and will

recieve another spanking as da employer mandate starts to kick in as more employees begin to lose fulltime work and get pushed to part time.

6 seats and da republicans take da senate...guess where those states where da seats are at?

ARKANSAS

LOUISIANA

NORTH CAROLINA

SOUTH DAKOTA

ALASKA

VIRGINIA

with da EPA regulations which is HOSTILE to coal, da keystone XL stalling, 

and da obamacare backlash it looks VERY grim for da democrats to control da senate past 2014..

dueceking very where knows da party that isn't in da white house ALWAYS gains power in a non presidential election. da democrats were punished in 2010 and will

recieve another spanking as da employer mandate starts to kick in as more employees begin to lose fulltime work and get pushed to part time.
Good research and talking points given by you my man, but I think your trying to project that mindset of people being upset about EPA regulations and what have you versus the reality of the Republican party as it currently stands, which is seen as a "do nothing" party.  Even with the states you listed I don't see the Democrats losing Virginia or North Carolina.  I say Virginia because I live next door to Virginia and the governor's race next week appears to be going to the Democrat (Terry Mcauliffe) and the state as a whole is turning purple.  It's not as red as it was back in the day or in decades prior.  That's mostly attributed to Northern Virginia and the changing demographic, which I can attest to.

As far as North Carolina, I have family and friends in North Carolina and alot of people are fed up with the local Republican party and politics that came into place from 2010.  Also, remember that video that was posted earlier this week I believe about the Republican chairman that said those racist comments about black voters caught on video by the Jon Stewart show.  Do you know which state he represented champ?  You guessed it, North Carolina.  So you see my friend, I appreciate the states that you listed but of the 6 states you listed you might as well write-off/cancel 2 of those states from your list and do like Martin in that episode at the DMV........start from scratch. 

I think it's sad that people are losing their insurance based on what the government claims is "subpar". Who the hell are they? Some people chose those particular plans because they are low risk, have the money, or because HSA's.

laugh.gif

duece king doesn't realize that obama is getting melted right now with obamacare....

and as far da da coal states (which Virginia is)

epa is threatening thousands of more jobs with onerous regulations...democrats are now distancing themselves from obamacare where they have to face reelection..

Dana BashVerified account@DanaBashCNN

new: senior dem source tells me to expect every sen dem running in 2014 to back @JeanneShaheen proposal to delay #ACA enrollment deadline

• Retweet
  • Favorite

• Senate Democrat’s up for election in 2014 start asking for Obamacare delay. Radioviceonline.com

After trashing Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) for months, Senate Democrats who happen to be up for election in November 2014 are starting to openly call for an extension for open enrollment due to the Obamacare registration problems.

It’s funny how it works huh?

On Wednesday, CNN’s Dana Bash tweeted that all Senate Democrats up for re-election in 2014 will reportedly support a delay of Obamacare’s enrollment deadline. …

Sen. Jeanne Shaheen (D-N.H.) wrote a letter to President Obama.

“Given the existing problems with the website, I urge you to consider extending open enrollment beyond the current end date of March 31, 2014. Allowing extra time for consumers is critically important so they have the opportunity to become familiar with the website, survey their options and enroll,” the Democrat wrote in a Tuesday letter to President Barack Obama.

To be clear, right now they are just asking for a short delay for the open enrollment period, but want to bet they will soon be calling for a one-year delay just like Cruz was asking for?

Sen. Joe Manchin (D-WV) is on record as supporting a one-year delay in the individual mandate as well, although Manchin is not up for re-election in 2014.

Here is a list of the 16 senators who will be on the re-election block one year from now, and four new guys who will be running for seats formerly held by Democrats. Shall we keep a tally on all 20 to see when they ask for a delay? Maybe an over-under for each?

Mark Begich (D-Alaska)[/*]Mark Pryor (D-Ark.)[/*]Mark Udall (D-Colo.)[/*]Chris ***** (D-Del.)[/*]Brian Schatz (D-Hawaii) (Inouye passed)[/*]**** Durbin (D-Ill.)[/*]Tom Harkin (D-Iowa)[/*]Mary Landrieu (D-La.)[/*]Ed Markey (D-Mass.)[/*]Gary Peters (D-Mich.) (Levin is retiring)[/*]Al Franken (D- Minn.)[/*]John Walsh (D-Mont.) (Bacus is retiring)[/*]Jeanne Shaheen (D-N.H.)[/*]Tom Udall (D-N.M.)[/*]Kay Hagan (D-N.C.)[/*]Jeff Merkley (D-Ore.)[/*]Jack Reed (D-R.I.)[/*]Rick Weiland (D-S.D.) (Johnson is retiring)[/*]Mark Warner (D-Va.)[/*]Natalie Tennant (D-W.Va.) (Rockefeller is retiring)[/*]
As a side note, there are only 14 Republican-held seats up in 2014 compared to the 20 held by Democrats. I have not looked at individual races, but that’s a good thing for Republicans as it will be difficult for Democrats – in my opinion – to hold 20 as compared to the GOP holding 14.

Read more at
Embedded media from this media site is no longer available
[/list]

Last edited:

laugh.gif

duece king doesn't realize that obama is getting melted right now with obamacare....

and as far da da coal states (which Virginia is)
You're up here posting bias articles and I'm here stating how Virginia has changed over the years and how Northern Virginia has changed the demographics and voting registry of the state of Virginia.  Take it from me muchacho, sometimes it's best to just sit back and listen.  Get some game from someone who can speak on a particularly subject matter because they either have experienced it or they leave at or near a certain region.  You my friend have neither as it pertains to this.

You can't even tell me the difference between Arlington, VA and Lexington, VA, and there's nothing wrong with that I'm not knocking for not knowing about Virginia but I see what's going on in Virginia with my own two eyes daily.  See my friend, just like as it pertains to you being accepted into the Republican party you are on the outside looking in.  I want you to know something champ, there's nothing wrong with asking questions or taking notes from someone that can help enlighten you on a certain topic. Don't be afraid to ask questions going forward.  Too many cats out here going down the wrong street and are hesitant to ask for directions.  I don't want you to fall into the trap my man, or at least not any longer.  You would be surprised that people are wiling to help those out here who need help the most. 

oh so now we're pulling credentials and questionning sources? 
laugh.gif
when CNN's Dana's Bash basically confirmed that da dems is looking weak for 2014

so they all cosigned that delay to save face...get out that bubble you in b.

As soon as you said Virginia is a coal state, you were dead in the water champ.  No lifeline, no rescue, no nothing.  If you don't know, just ask.  No shame in that. 

As soon as you said Virginia is a coal state, you were dead in the water champ.  No lifeline, no rescue, no nothing.  If you don't know, just ask.  No shame in that. 

Guess you didn't know about da coal miners rally in

DC da other day :lol: its not lookin for for ya boy b..

Meanwhile, "if you like your plan you can keep it"

Echos on :lol: and da site is STILL broke...

Cancelation letters expectedcto approach 80-90

million Americans...

Lets get back to your suggestion of Virginia being a coal state. Please tell me and others why you feel that way.

I think it's sad that people are losing their insurance based on what the government claims is "subpar". Who the hell are they? Some people chose those particular plans because they are low risk, have the money, or because HSA's.

No, people got those plans because that was offered by their employer. They didn't have a 'choice' between plans there's no competition. Also these insurance companies aren't going to tell you to check for competitors rates or even try and 'downsell' their policies. People have options now when it comes to health insurance.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/...ou-re-not-their-captive-nbsp-anymore#comments

FTA

Some people who receive these notices will be pleasantly surprised to find that the most similar new plan offered by their current provider is actually cheaper than their old one. Others will be told that a similar plan will cost more. What they won’t be told, because insurers don’t want to downsell or advertise for their competitors, is that they’re likely to find a different plan available through their state exchange that’s closer to the same price or cheaper. If they can’t find a cheaper one, then there’s a decent chance that federal subsidies will reduce their out-of-pocket costs. It’s only the remainder—and it’s likely to be a small remainder — that genuinely will have no choice but to either pay more money (in some cases significantly more) or pay a fine and go without coverage.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ Yup and also another Obamacare "I lost my insurance" debunked. These people are so pathetic! :smh:

View media item 636887
By Michael Hiltzik
October 30, 2013, 3:26 p.m.
Deborah Cavallaro is a hard-working real estate agent in the Westchester suburb of Los Angeles who has been featured prominently on a round of news shows lately, talking about how badly Obamacare is going to cost her when her existing plan gets canceled and she has to find a replacement.

She says she's angry at President Obama for having promised that people who like their health plans could keep them, when hers is getting canceled for not meeting Obamacare's standards.

"Please explain to me," she told Maria Bartiromo on CNBC Wednesday, "how my plan is a 'substandard' plan when ... I'd be paying more for the exchange plans than I am currently paying by a wide margin."

Bartiromo didn't take her up on her request. So I will.

The bottom line is that Cavallaro's assertion that "there's nothing affordable about the Affordable Care Act," as she put it Tuesday on NBC Channel 4, is the product of her own misunderstandings, abetted by a passel of uninformed and incurious news reporters.

I talked with Cavallaro, 60, after her CNBC appearance. Let's walk through what she told me.

Her current plan, from Anthem Blue Cross, is a catastrophic coverage plan for which she pays $293 a month as an individual policyholder. It requires her to pay a deductible of $5,000 a year and limits her out-of-pocket costs to $8,500 a year. Her plan also limits her to two doctor visits a year, for which she shoulders a copay of $40 each. After that, she pays the whole cost of subsequent visits.

This fits the very definition of a nonconforming plan under Obamacare. The deductible and out-of-pocket maximums are too high, the provisions for doctor visits too skimpy.

As for a replacement plan, she says she was quoted $478 a month by her insurance broker, but that's a lot more than she'll really be paying. Cavallaro told me she hasn't checked the website of Covered California, the state's health plan exchange, herself. I did so while we talked.

Here's what I found. I won't divulge her current income, which is personal, but this year it qualifies her for a hefty federal premium subsidy.

At her age, she's eligible for a good "silver" plan for $333 a month after the subsidy -- $40 a month more than she's paying now. But the plan is much better than her current plan -- the deductible is $2,000, not $5,000. The maximum out-of-pocket expense is $6,350, not $8,500. Her co-pays would be $45 for a primary care visit and $65 for a specialty visit -- but all visits would be covered, not just two.

Is that better than her current plan? Yes, by a mile.

If she wanted to pay less, Cavallaro could opt for lesser coverage in a "bronze" plan. She could buy one from the California exchange for as little as $194 a month. From Anthem, it's $256, or $444 a year less than she's paying now. That buys her a $5,000 deductible (the same as she's paying today) but the out-of-pocket limit is lower, $6,350. Office visits would be $60 for primary care and $70 for specialties, but again with no limit on the number of visits. Factor in the premium savings, and it's hard to deny that she's still ahead.

Cavallaro told me a couple of things that are worth considering. First, what she likes about her current plan is that she can go to any doctor of her choice and any hospital. That's not entirely true, because her current plan with Anthem does favor a network. Plainly, however, it's broad enough to serve her purposes. She's concerned that the new plans will offer smaller networks, which is probably true, though it's not necessarily true that the new networks will exclude her favorite doctors, hospitals or prescription formularies.

She also mentioned that her annual income fluctuates. It can be substantially lower, or substantially higher, than it is this year. What if next year she earns too much to qualify for the subsidy? Also a fair point -- at her current income, the subsidy is worth more than $200 a month to her. But that's not the same as saying that "there's nothing affordable about the Affordable Care Act," because at her current income, the act is vastly more affordable to her than what she's paying now.

When she told Channel 4 that "for the first time in my whole life, I will be without insurance," it's hard to understand what she was talking about. (Channel 4 didn't ask.) Better plans than she has now are available for her to purchase today, some of them for less money.

The sad truth is that Cavallaro has been very poorly served by the health insurance industry and the news media. It seems that Anthem didn't adequately explain her options for 2014 when it disclosed that her current plan is being canceled. If her insurance brokers told her what she says they did, they failed her. And the reporters who interviewed her without getting all the facts produced inexcusably shoddy work -- from Maria Bartiromo on down. They not only did her a disservice, but failed the rest of us too.

Her current plan, from Anthem Blue Cross, is a catastrophic coverage plan for which she pays $293 a month as an individual policyholder. It requires her to pay a deductible of $5,000 a year and limits her out-of-pocket costs to $8,500 a year. Her plan also limits her to two doctor visits a year, for which she shoulders a copay of $40 each. After that, she pays the whole cost of subsequent visits.

This fits the very definition of a nonconforming plan under Obamacare. The deductible and out-of-pocket maximums are too high, the provisions for doctor visits too skimpy.

At her age, she's eligible for a good "silver" plan for $333 a month after the subsidy -- $40 a month more than she's paying now. But the plan is much better than her current plan -- the deductible is $2,000, not $5,000. The maximum out-of-pocket expense is $6,350, not $8,500. Her co-pays would be $45 for a primary care visit and $65 for a specialty visit -- but all visits would be covered, not just two.

http://www.latimes.com/business/hiltzik/la-fi-mh-debunked-20131030,0,6010994.story#axzz2jLBX1EDB

Last edited:
No, people got those plans because that was offered by their employer. They didn't have a 'choice' between plans there's no competition. Also these insurance companies aren't going to tell you to check for competitors rates or even try and 'downsell' their policies. People have options now when it comes to health insurance.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/...ou-re-not-their-captive-nbsp-anymore#comments

FTA

I cant speak for people who have employee based insurance, because everyone is different. The people i know who have their own insurance have what the government would call "subpar" is because they chose those plans themselves. Employees do have a choice, they chose to take that job that offers that particular plan. It's not like insurance companies were "screwing" employees of the company. It's up to the company to pay for those plans.

I cant speak for people who have employee based insurance, because everyone is different. The people i know who have their own insurance have what the government would call "subpar" is because they chose those plans themselves. Employees do have a choice, they chose to take that job that offers that particular plan. It's not like insurance companies were "screwing" employees of the company. It's up to the company to pay for those plans.

Right, and those same plans aren't compatible with the LAW. I guarantee you, once those insurance companies deny the person a treatment or kick them off because of 'preexisting condition' they'll be first to whine about how the insurance company abandoned them.

Most employees don't know what plans their employers offer until they get hired and go thru orientation. At that point you can refuse it, but there wasn't an options out there really. COBRA is/was ridiculously expensive. Before a lot of these provisions were put in place with ACA, insurance companies were DEFINITELY 'screwing' people, this is why you see these cancelations, the insurance offered was subpar but sadly you don't know that until it's time to use it.

Quit looking at the bad sides you all, the good thing is they removed life time/annual limits

We need to get rid of health insurance companies altogether.

They form an unnecessary layer between medicine and patients.

Right, and those same plans aren't compatible with the LAW. I guarantee you, once those insurance companies deny the person a treatment or kick them off because of 'preexisting condition' they'll be first to whine about how the insurance company abandoned them.

Most employees don't know what plans their employers offer until they get hired and go thru orientation. At that point you can refuse it, but there wasn't an options out there really. COBRA is/was ridiculously expensive. Before a lot of these provisions were put in place with ACA, insurance companies were DEFINITELY 'screwing' people, this is why you see these cancelations, the insurance offered was subpar but sadly you don't know that until it's time to use it.

Arguing based on assumption is pointless. You have not s single fact to back up what you said. I posted an article a couple pages back that had quotes from real people who were upset about the cancellation of their plans. One gentleman whose plan was deemed subpar was kicked out even though he knowlingly chose that plan.

Also, if you have employer based health insurance and don't know what it covers that is the individuals fault and no one elses.

[h1]  [/h1]
[h1]ObamaCare KO’s 100,000 policies in NY[/h1]
By Carl Campanile

November 1, 2013 | 1:38am

Modal Trigger
usa_2.jpg

Matthew Hutchison dresses as the Obamacare website as he participates in the West Hollywood Halloween Costume Carnaval, California

Photo: Reuters/Jonathan Alcorn

[h3]MORE ON:[/h3][h6]ObamaCare[/h6]
[h5]NY Dems won't say how many staffers will join ObamaCare[/h5][h5]Only six signed up for ObamaCare on first day[/h5][h5]Obama donor's firm hired to fix Web mess it created[/h5][h5]ObamaCare’s ugly secret: They forgot to make it work[/h5]

Insurers are canceling the medical policies of about 100,000 New Yorkers enrolled in individual health plans because of ObamaCare, state health officials said.

But the figure is actually much higher because it doesn’t take into account hundreds of thousands covered under small business group policies that are being scrapped or rewritten to conform to the requirements of the Affordable Care Act.

In New Jersey, the policies of 800,000 residents are affected by the insurance overhaul, officials in the Garden State said.

“Approximately 100,000 individuals will be required to change insurance because current plans are not compliant with ACA [Affordable Care Act],” said New York state Health Department spokesman Bill Schwarz.

Many of the existing policies are deemed substandard under ObamaCare. All new policies are required to carry new consumer protections — such as the prohibition on denying coverage for pre-existing medical conditions — and carry 10 “essential health benefits,” including maternity and pediatric care, substance abuse and mental health treatment, chronic disease care, and prescription drug, dental and vision coverage.

The Cuomo administration and Obama insist most New Yorkers forced to get insurance in the state health exchange will get a better deal.

State officials said the new coverage is, on average, 53 percent cheaper.

In response to criticism from New Yorkers upset that their policies are being eliminated, Albany officials emphasize they have “no control over these [federal] regulations.”

Obama is being slammed for promising that patients can keep their insurance plans and doctors if they like them — only to see both disappear in some cases.

The Cuomo administration and Obama insist most New Yorkers forced to get insurance in the state health exchange will get a better deal.

State officials said the new coverage is, on average, 53 percent cheaper.

Last edited:
someone quoted da wrong sentence, here let me help you..
Obama is being slammed for promising that patients can keep their insurance plans and doctors if they like them — only to see both disappear in some cases.

We just had a government shutdown that cost the country $28 BILLION and we're talking about a website.

We just had a government shutdown that cost the country $28 BILLION and we're talking about a website.

A website that affects many many more....

That still doesn't work :lol:

Dueceking, state officials really? Da same officials

That wont disclose da fact that only 6 people signed

Up for healthcare.gov on da first day? :lol:

Back
Top Bottom