Academic Dishonesty: Cheat sheets

Hey guys,

Do you bring cheat sheets to college exams?
I'm talking about index card size filled w/ notes or examples.
I know pre-med students who do this on EVERY exam. They said it would impossible to remember everything.

I personally have done this on some midterms, but not on finals. It's not like I put information I don't already know. it's more of a check up. I seldom look at the cheat sheet... I'm going to stop before I get caught and get kicked out.

*kanye shrug*

Originally Posted by davidisgodly

Hey guys,

Do you bring cheat sheets to college exams?
I'm talking about index card size filled w/ notes or examples.
I know pre-med students who do this on EVERY exam. They said it would impossible to remember everything.

I personally have done this on some midterms, but not on finals. It's not like I put information I don't already know. it's more of a check up. I seldom look at the cheat sheet... I'm going to stop before I get caught and get kicked out.

*kanye shrug*
If they're allowed then it's not a problem. If not, it's cheating
grin.gif

However, in the real world you're going to google stuff you don't know anyways.

never done it, how do you not get caught??....

in high school i did it all the time but collage is somethin different.

Originally Posted by dashoekid21

collage-00.jpg
           ?

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Now we know how you got to "collage"[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Anyway, do what you have to do in order to pass the class.[/color]

Originally Posted by Frische Produkte

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Now we know how you got to "collage"[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Anyway, do what you have to do in order to pass the class.[/color]
its funny. i dont do it to pass. i do it so i can get an A.

*kanye shrug*

In college we had to bring our own Scantrons and the professor never checked them, so I would write hints and cheats on the edges of the scantron in pencil and then just erase the stuff before I turned it in.

Only if the professor allows it

I've also had professors provide "formula sheets"

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

Originally Posted by Frische Produkte

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)] do what you have to do in order to pass the class.[/color]
Even if it means cheating? No wonder the American academic system is in the dumps. People worried about getting an A and not absorbing any info. Its not worth risking getting an F in the class, zero on the exam and being brought up to Judicial Affairs for violating the academic integrity of the school.

I've never cheated on an exam in college. I've had courses in which there were open book exams but they were much harder than a regular exam. I only have one class in which we can make notes for the test and use our textbook but you still have to go to class because the textbook doesn't explain how to do any of the equations the way a professor would.

All of my professors have allowed them; and some professors even provide a cheat sheet. I can't imagine taking a G.chem final without some kind of cheat sheet.

At my university the calculus professors let you bring formula/cheat sheets.  The bio and chem teachers didn't which is probably why I didn't do well in those classes.

the pre-med people who you know better get a reality check and train their brain, because in med school we go through a semester's worth of undergrad material in a week....though I doubt anyone needing cheat sheets for the (way too easy in retrospect) pre-reqs would even get close to a competitive MCAT score

Originally Posted by PigeonFree11

the pre-med people who you know better get a reality check and train their brain, because in med school we go through a semester's worth of undergrad material in a week....though I doubt anyone needing cheat sheets for the (way too easy in retrospect) pre-reqs would even get close to a competitive MCAT score
Damn I can only imagine what a med student studies

Do what you gotta do to get by, but the best way to do it is the honest way.

No cheat sheets, I always study. I've done the occasional glance here and there. Not really for cheating, mostly for self assurance.

Back
Top Bottom