Accident (Rear ended)

I've been there fam. About 3 years ago an 18 wheeler hit the driver's side rear off my car when I passed him on the freeway. I'm a lawyer but I lawyered up myself. These commercial insurance carriers are scum and wayyyyyy worse than dealing with the State Farm and Geico. Cops gave guy ticket but it took 6 months to get them to do anything. It got so bad that I just had to go through my own insurance to get my vehicle repaired. I had severe back pain that I still deal with today. If not for lawyering up it would've been much worse. Getting my car fixed was awful because the commercial insurance carrier didn't want to use Jaguar Geniune Parts.

I've been there fam. About 3 years ago an 18 wheeler hit the driver's side rear off my car when I passed him on the freeway. I'm a lawyer but I lawyered up myself. These commercial insurance carriers are scum and wayyyyyy worse than dealing with the State Farm and Geico. Cops gave guy ticket but it took 6 months to get them to do anything. It got so bad that I just had to go through my own insurance to get my vehicle repaired. I had severe back pain that I still deal with today. If not for lawyering up it would've been much worse. Getting my car fixed was awful because the commercial insurance carrier didn't want to use Jaguar Geniune Parts.
They're the worst. Who did you have to deal with?

Yea definitely go to the hospital and get a lawyer.

That pain can be life altering years from now and you don't even know it yet.

Lots of ambulance chasers I’m seeing in this thread. Pretty pathetic.

OP clearly is seeking $$$ with the typical “neck and back injuries” yet it was only bumper damage to his and the other car.

I’m no lawyer but unless you have significant injuries - good luck getting more than some chump change or finding a lawyer to take your PI case.

And you know what they say about KARMA!

OP clearly is seeking $$$ with the typical “neck and back injuries” yet it was only bumper damage to his and the other car.

I’m no lawyer but unless you have significant injuries - good luck getting more than some chump change or finding a lawyer to take your PI case.

Wow, thanks Dr. Google! So you examined OP's injuries? Let me ask, where did you get your medical degree from, just asking? You must a blast at parties 👎. You have NO CLUE what he may be dealing with. Just so you know (if you've never been in an accident before) getting hit from behind when you don't expect it, and can't brace yourself, can lead to soft tissue injuries, among many other issues.

Others have said in here that even the smallest injury that one thinks isn't major can lead to issues down the road. And those issues may require more medical care. If said issues were caused by an accident, why shouldn't he get compensated for it? Please explain. This didn't sound like a little "love tap" in a parking lot.

I'll add, as someone who was in a serious car accident that was 100% NOT my fault (both police & other insurance company said that in writing) and I suffered a frontal lobe brain bleed, that gave me a HORRIBLE concussion & that required vestibular therapy for 8 weeks, one has the right to be made whole. As my lawyer asked me, did I suffer from it? Yes I did. Did it leave lasting effects? Yes it did. Then he said I deserve to be compensated. If OP & his passenger are hurting, they deserve to be made whole.

Outstanding citizen you are. Im getting me a Porsche though. :lol:

6DEAD74C-A2AF-4796-B5E4-4E8E2807FE5B.gif

Wow, thanks Dr. Google! So you examined OP's injuries? Let me ask, where did you get your medical degree from, just asking? You must a blast at parties 👎. You have NO CLUE what he may be dealing with. Just so you know (if you've never been in an accident before) getting hit from behind when you don't expect it, and can't brace yourself, can lead to soft tissue injuries, among many other issues.

Others have said in here that even the smallest injury that one thinks isn't major can lead to issues down the road. And those issues may require more medical care. If said issues were caused by an accident, why shouldn't he get compensated for it? Please explain. This didn't sound like a little "love tap" in a parking lot.

I'll add, as someone who was in a serious car accident that was 100% NOT my fault (both police & other insurance company said that in writing) and I suffered a frontal lobe brain bleed, that gave me a HORRIBLE concussion & that required vestibular therapy for 8 weeks, one has the right to be made whole. As my lawyer asked me, did I suffer from it? Yes I did. Did it leave lasting effects? Yes it did. Then he said I deserve to be compensated. If OP & his passenger are hurting, they deserve to be made whole.
OP said he and his passenger weren't injured.

At first now they feeling residual effects. Whether thats cap or not, its also entirely plausible.
He's comparing to his accident which involved brain bleeding tho. If you're hurt like in his case, suing is understandable considering what he went through. Disagree that you should be suing for something that MIGHT happen down the line.

York Risk Services Group
I never had to deal with them but sorry to hear it was a bad experience. Commercial auto carriers can be great, or a nightmare. Them getting bought by Sedgwick a couple years ago makes sense based on your story... Sedgwick, I have had to deal with (seems like they only buy ****ty subsidiaries).

OP get that ****ing money. The insurance company can afford it. Believe me.

He's comparing to his accident which involved brain bleeding tho. If you're hurt like in his case, suing is understandable considering what he went through. Disagree that you should be suing for something that MIGHT happen down the line.
You only have two years to sue, if something happens during that time go ahead.

OP said he and his passenger weren't injured.

He said the next few days they were feeling the effects. Remember, adrenaline was pumping so you don't feel it at first. But who am I to say how he feels. None of us are. If a doctor sees him and says it could be from the accident, then he has every right. That's why you ALWAYS go to a hospital after an accident. You just never know.

He said the next few days they were feeling the effects. Remember, adrenaline was pumping so you don't feel it at first. But who am I to say how he feels. None of us are. If a doctor sees him and says it could be from the accident, then he has every right. That's why you ALWAYS go to a hospital after an accident. You just never know.
Absolutely. You got to make sure you're OK not to see how much your accident was worth.

Didn't read many posts but pretty sure all will be the same. Since you didn't go to the ER immediately after, call one of those ambulance chasing lawyers first they'll be all over it. Set you up with Dr's the whole 9... and you'd pay nothing out of pocket or really have to do anything other than go to Dr's when they tell you to. The lawyer will do all the work and you'll either get settlement offer or have go to court and sue. Once you get a payout they take their cut, most of them don't charge unless you get money, they also won't take the case unless they feel like they will win. I'd then go to one of those 24 hr ERs (not hospital) if you want to avoid hospitals and get records. Get a copy of the police report and you're insurance company should probably be notified about pain at the least for the record depending on what type if insurance you've got they may pay you too for pain and suffering. You also may have a lawyer on retainer through you're insurance company that they may prefer for you to use. You're paying for insurance that you probably haven't had to use much or at all take advantage of what you're paying insurance premiums for.

Don't feel bad for the driver that hit you either he's paying for insurance and ultimately his insurance is going to be the one that pays you a settlement. The worst thing that can happen to him financially is his insurance rates go up. Or you sue him personally, or you could sue the company he works for. The insurance companies and commercial companies will do anything they can to avoid going to court trust me been there on both sides.

Just make sure to keep records of EVERYTHING!

Back
Top Bottom