Accounting/Finance majors: It's recruiting season

It's about that time again folks. I've been actively applying to a ton of Accounting firms at my alma mater (Syracuse University) and I was fortunate enough to get a handful of interviews. Anyone have any luck so far? 

Originally Posted by DarkxKnightx007

uhh... late pass?
Recruiting for front office roles are pretty much over at target schools.
As far as I know, first round interviews for all the Big 4 and mid-size accounting firms are still going on here, and I believe Fordham/Baruch is going through second round office interviews now (for NYC offices).

Considering some of my co-workers are out conduciting on-campus interviews, safe to say recruiting for next fall starts is just beginning....

I totally forgot about this, I have to check by my College to see if they are doing this... Is this for next Summer? How exactly do these internships work?

Originally Posted by ii FLaSh ii

I totally forgot about this, I have to check by my College to see if they are doing this... Is this for next Summer? How exactly do these internships work?

1d9360a26d10a67c44d0c41aa5ca09e836af72bf_r.gif

Checking in, I went to all Big 4's and 1 local firm. The experiences varied, and I received a few offers and 1 denial.

Just got back on Friday, from Chicago. 2nd round interview with one of the Big 4, for a winter internship for this upcoming Winter. Hopefully I get it.

Originally Posted by 216301baller

no accounting internship till summer but a IT intenship next semester

Do it fam, I am interning for IT but my manager actually had me take on a corporate finance project. All I am going to say is IT was much more interesting

most banks are still holding info sessions. resume drop should be end of december/january and interviews won't actually start until then. it's going to be tough for the summer analyst class this year industry wide

All my friends have their Big 4 offers rolling in.

My finance buddy hasn't heard too much yet but has been invited to several second round interviews so far.

Big 4'ers good luck with the decision process guys if yall got multiple offers

fellow accounting major NT'ers how did yall become good in this field..Im having a hard time with cost accounting

I'm still a fresh so that's a no go for me. But I do have a 3.2 and a 4.0 for my Accounting courses.

was just about to make a post about this. I'm interning right now at a smaller firm that audits government and non profits.

I pretty much got an offer at the end of the year but I was thinking about going the big 4 route. some of my ex coworkers already made the switch and just got hired at pwc as experienced staff. they're egging me on to follow suit.

My question is, how were your guys' experience during the interview process? how was working there? are all the horror stories true?

I'm really considering doing this because of the extensive training they'll give me. although I'm interning ATM, my training wasn't extensive and government and non profit auditing is different than private?

any input would be greatly appreciated
smile.gif

I was lucky enough to intern with PwC in the summer, and I'll be starting with them next Fall... It's always fun when your friends get offers from the other Big 4 and you get to talk a bunch of smack to each other.

Good luck to all of you in the interview process! I'm a freshman finance major. I am looking into switching to a double major with finance and accounting. What do all of you think? Will it be worth my time and effort? Also, could you give any pointers or advice that helped you make it or made an impact on giving you the edge over other people with the same degrees as you.

Originally Posted by bwrestler15

Good luck to all of you in the interview process! I'm a freshman finance major. I am looking into switching to a double major with finance and accounting. What do all of you think? Will it be worth my time and effort? Also, could you give any pointers or advice that helped you make it or made an impact on giving you the edge over other people with the same degrees as you.
Yea transfer to an Ivy league school with a top 10 rated undergrad program.

Originally Posted by Biggie62

Originally Posted by bwrestler15

Yea transfer to an Ivy league school with a top 10 rated undergrad program.
prestige goes a long way. i'm at one such school and off the top i can prob name 2-3 dozen kids i know with offers from Goldman, JP, MS, BlackRock, Deloitte, E&Y, etc for starters.
feels good to be an engineering major. those consulting/finance guys have been crashing all of our job fairs practically handing out offers on the spot.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom