Accurate or not? Vol. Treadmill Calorie Counter

To those of you who run on the treadmill or are familiar with exercise equipment, etc.

How accurate is the calorie burning calculator on treadmills? Some (friends who are into fitness, websites on google) have said that as long as you enter your weight, it should be accurate enough, while others have said that they are rough estimates at best and can't be counted on when it comes to accuracy.

Is there some sort of we can add to the overall number when you are done running to get closer to the actual number?

I'm 155 pounds if that helps. Thanks.

To those of you who run on the treadmill or are familiar with exercise equipment, etc.

How accurate is the calorie burning calculator on treadmills? Some (friends who are into fitness, websites on google) have said that as long as you enter your weight, it should be accurate enough, while others have said that they are rough estimates at best and can't be counted on when it comes to accuracy.

Is there some sort of we can add to the overall number when you are done running to get closer to the actual number?

I'm 155 pounds if that helps. Thanks.

I just find it hard to believe I burn that many calories on a elliptical (500) in 30 mins when I only burn 380 calories on a treadmill (in 30 Mins). Doesnt add up to me... Oh well...

I just find it hard to believe I burn that many calories on a elliptical (500) in 30 mins when I only burn 380 calories on a treadmill (in 30 Mins). Doesnt add up to me... Oh well...

its a really rough guide - i had a PT tell me it had a margain of error about of abbot 25%. I think you can usually tell how hard you worked though?

its a really rough guide - i had a PT tell me it had a margain of error about of abbot 25%. I think you can usually tell how hard you worked though?

Accurate with a slight margin of error. It is programmed to take what a person around a certain weight going at a certain speed and at a certain intensity would most likely burn.

Accurate with a slight margin of error. It is programmed to take what a person around a certain weight going at a certain speed and at a certain intensity would most likely burn.

It all depends. Most are okay. But it depends on how old/new the machine is, whether you can add in your weight, etc. But use it as a guide.

Depending on what you are looking to get out of your workouts you really shouldn't be looking at your "calories burned" anyway and using that to depend on how good/bad your cardio-area workout was.

It all depends. Most are okay. But it depends on how old/new the machine is, whether you can add in your weight, etc. But use it as a guide.

Depending on what you are looking to get out of your workouts you really shouldn't be looking at your "calories burned" anyway and using that to depend on how good/bad your cardio-area workout was.

Back
Top Bottom