ACG + Zoom + Flywire = Nike Zoom ACG Ashiko Boot QS (Vol. Zoom-Through-Winter)

grin.gif
eyes.gif

As the fall/winter season continues to creep up on us, we are now starting to see more boots and boot-inspired sneakers. Specifically, the Nike ZoomACG Ashiko Boot will be making its debut this season. This highly-anticipated shoe will be very limited in quantity seeing that it is a quickstrikerelease. More information and pics as they become available ...

boot-1.jpg

nike-acg-ashiko-boot-1.jpg

ashiko-boot.jpg

nike-ashiko-flint-grey-1.jpg

dont look like theyd keep your feet warm in the winter though......

Originally Posted by s dubl

Indeed. It's not like they're Goretex or anything ... they look as thin as AM90 Currents ...

Originally Posted by igotthatfire247

Originally Posted by s dubl

Indeed. It's not like they're Goretex or anything ... they look as thin as AM90 Currents ...

Correct on both counts. They're not Gore-Tex (actually, some areas are wide-open mesh), and they're not warm. They were designed to be atruly breathable, lightweight, minimal, supportive, performance boot. (Gore-Tex claims to be breathable, but in my opinionare only marginally better than a Hefty bag.) If you were going hard in mostly dry conditions, this is what you'd want. If you plannedon having to splash through water, I'd go with the low-top Morizaba which is designed to get wet and drain quickly.

My unsolicited advice: If you want Gore-Tex waterproofness, go with a Goadome GTX or similar. If you want warmth, I'd probably go with the Foamdome(thick foam shell with Outlast in the sockliner). Just my two cents.

Back
Top Bottom