Acura Heads Chime in Please!

So to make a long story short I'm looking to buy my first car and I found an 01 TL that I think I'm gonna purchase(despite my outlandish insurance premium). I was wondering if any of you guys own or have owned a TL. I've heard about the transmission troubles but are there any other concerns? Preciate any input
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

You'd probably be better off with an '04 TSX (get the 6-speed manual if you know how to drive it).

I have a 1st gen 3.2... The ****** in the 1st gen is bulletproof. 198K and counting. Mondaynight is right about the 2nd gen ******s tho.

Word? Thanks for all the input, I'm tryna cop this RL but son ain't trying to hit me back. I'm kinda skeptical about the whole TL situation because I honestly don't want to have a transmission problem in the foreseeable future.

If you have time to kill, check out acurazine.com forums. Great info for all the different gens. I usually read the 1st gen stuff with an occasional browse in the others.

Originally Posted by RhInoSpOrt

If you have time to kill, check out acurazine.com forums. Great info for all the different gens. I usually read the 1st gen stuff with an occasional browse in the others.

Def will check it out, good lookin out

Originally Posted by mondaynightraw

Stay away from the 2nd gen TL

When that ****** goes(and it will), it'll be 4k+ to replace.

this, i work at acura i see tons of this issue...

Originally Posted by KicksRemix2o6

Originally Posted by mondaynightraw

Stay away from the 2nd gen TL

When that ****** goes(and it will), it'll be 4k+ to replace.

this, i work at acura i see tons of this issue...
I have a 2000 that I use for a beater when I go fishing and it runs great still..190k and still running strong
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom