Adam Carolla's racial comments on Manny Pacquiao and the Philippines

Adam Carolla, a popular American comedian and television host, went on a vulgar tirade about Manny Pacquiao, the Philippines, and Filipinos. Now, I’m familiar with some of Adam’s work but I feel that his comments about Manny and the Philippines were uncalled for and absolutely discriminating. Let’s examine further,

Pacquiao Blood Testing

Adam Carolla starts off his vulgar tirade by bashing Manny for not giving blood before a fight. He then proceeds to say that Manny is off “praying to chicken bones

I'm more stunned by the fact that people listen to his show.
He's been corny since he was on Love Lines back in the day.

Originally Posted by CrunkJuicedUp

mayweather
pimp.gif
and carolla
laugh.gif

In his defense, he speaks just as critically about the city where he grew up in and still resides(LA). He's as cynical as they get, and what he's saying isn't necessarily off-point, as un-pc as it may be.

he probably has something coming out...writers made him say something edgy to get some publicity.

i heard the youtube audio a couple weeks ago...dunno if its still there.....

i found it racist...but i couldnt disagree lol

I'm honestly more offended by the fact that the comments as a whole have been labeled as racist simply because it's a white man criticizing a country of non-white people. Question : How often do people in this country criticize predominantly white european countries like France, Germany etc, and how often do we see any considerable backlash against the critic? Never.

The "chicken bones" reference is no different than if he were going after the French and said "he's probably over there eating snails", but it's labeled as "racist" because it's a white man criticizing a country of non-white people, despite the fact that for something to be qualified as racist it actually has to have some legitimate racial connotation to it.

I probably need to hear his funny voice saying this to laugh. I don't feel the impact or the offensiveness of the comments.

It'd be too much of a stereotype if Carolla was actually racist cuz his personality fits the it too well. He's always had that obnoxious attitude that made awkward non-sequitur comments.

Originally Posted by Professor YKK

In his defense, he speaks just as critically about the city where he grew up in and still resides(LA). He's as cynical as they get, and what he's saying isn't necessarily off-point, as un-pc as it may be.

corolla has always been a choad though. this shouldnt be surprising. dude hates on everyone and everything, including himself and his people. dude is a cynical clown.

that said, his comments weren't too crazy imo. if i was Filipino, i probably wouldnt even give these remarks a second thought. then again... if i was Filipino, i probably wouldnt worship the ground Manny walked on either.

Spoiler [+]
“All they have over there is Manny Pacquiao and sex stores.

Back
Top Bottom