Adele Thread - New Song: "Easy on Me"

​
Adele's '25' Set to Break One-Week U.S. Album Sales Record; Sold Over 900K at iTunes First Day
 ​
After one day on sale, Adele's 25 appears set to break *NSYNC's long-standing one-week Nielsen-era U.S. album sales record of 2.42 million sold, according to industry forecasters. Sources say the set is on track to sell at least 2.5 million in pure album sales in its first week, and sold more than 900,000 copies alone through the iTunes Store on its first day of release.

25 was released on Nov. 20 through XL/Columbia Records. It's Adele's third studio album.

*NSYNC currently owns the single largest sales week for an album since Nielsen Music began tracking point-of-sale music purchases in 1991. (Prior to 1991, there was no authoritative music sales tracking service in the U.S. and thus, it was mostly unknown how many copies of an album or song/single were sold in a single week.)

*NSYNC's No Strings Attached debuted with 2,416,000 sold in the week ending March 26, 2000. No Strings Attached has since remained the only album to sell 2 million copies in the U.S. in a single week.
Billboard

eek.gif

eek.gif

Last edited:
Gave it a solid 5 spins and....ehhhhh

21 > 19 >>> 25

Hello is by far the best track
Sadly, it is. Gave it a thorough listen, and it's simply a good, not great album from her. 

Remedy and River Lea are the other standouts from me. Send My Love is the worst song from any of her albums. Hook is so annoying. 

What's with the cheap packaging on this? Even the disk is plain :lol:

Solid album. No real big ballads like Rollin in the Deep or Set Fire to the rain though :frown:
EXACTLY what I was coming to say. The entire presentation of the CD feels like an afterthought/rushed product. & there's definitely not any big tracks like set fire to the rain but there's a couple that could do ok enough for her because it's her. Just finished the first full listen & it didn't do much to me, it wasn't hateful but gave me nothing :nthat: either. I'll play it throughout the week & let it grow on me a little but 21 + the long delay between CDs set the bar too high I think.

Adele's '25' Set to Break One-Week U.S. Album Sales Record; Sold Over 900K at iTunes First Day

After one day on sale, Adele's 25 appears set to break *NSYNC's long-standing one-week Nielsen-era U.S. album sales record of 2.42 million sold, according to industry forecasters. Sources say the set is on track to sell at least 2.5 million in pure album sales in its first week, and sold more than 900,000 copies alone through the iTunes Store on its first day of release.

25 was released on Nov. 20 through XL/Columbia Records. It's Adele's third studio album.

*NSYNC currently owns the single largest sales week for an album since Nielsen Music began tracking point-of-sale music purchases in 1991. (Prior to 1991, there was no authoritative music sales tracking service in the U.S. and thus, it was mostly unknown how many copies of an album or song/single were sold in a single week.)
*NSYNC's No Strings Attached debuted with 2,416,000 sold in the week ending March 26, 2000. No Strings Attached has since remained the only album to sell 2 million copies in the U.S. in a single week.

Billboard

:wow:  :wow:  

Wow. And that's just iTunes. In one day.

Thought that Nsync record was untouchable especially since Tay barely did half their numbers.

All I Ask has been on repeat for the past 2 days. Bruno Mars & Adele collaborating on a song was bound to be amazing :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

This is my whole point about pain. Pain has given us so many gifts, 21, sam smith cd, every bruno mars track, confessions of fire, 808s and heartbreak. The majority of the biggest love ballads ever were based on losing love. The matrix was written by a hurting woman. Harry Potter was creator by a hurting, homeless woman struggling with her children. Not to downplay it, but love and happiness are some of the worst things to ever happen to a creator. An artist. Happiness lowkey kills creativity. Hell, even hov was unhappy in the struggle trying to get money. And we got classics. When he got rich rich we got that kingdom come nonsense.

I love Adele. I always will. I don't blame her for not being the same woman from 21. It's life. We hope to not be unhappy, even if pain and the longing to not feel pain anymore, is what truly drives us.

The truly gifted are those who create magic in times of good and bad.

First time ever listening to an Adele album, not bad in my book.

She has a great voice.

guess Ill peep her other albums.

This is my whole point about pain. Pain has given us so many gifts, 21, sam smith cd, every bruno mars track, confessions of fire, 808s and heartbreak. The majority of the biggest love ballads ever were based on losing love. The matrix was written by a hurting woman. Harry Potter was creator by a hurting, homeless woman struggling with her children. Not to downplay it, but love and happiness are some of the worst things to ever happen to a creator. An artist. Happiness lowkey kills creativity. Hell, even hov was unhappy in the struggle trying to get money. And we got classics. When he got rich rich we got that kingdom come nonsense.

I love Adele. I always will. I don't blame her for not being the same woman from 21. It's life. We hope to not be unhappy, even if pain and the longing to not feel pain anymore, is what truly drives us.

The truly gifted are those who create magic in times of good and bad.

How u gon forget to mention Joe Budden? :lol:

But you're right pain and struggles create greatness, usually because of the lesson's learned, the flood of mixed emotions it brings.

Some numbers are starting to come out. She sold 2.3 million albums.................................................in 3 days :x :x

Listened to the album about 10 times. Tracks #2, 7, 9 are the only auto-skips for me :nerd:

Last edited:

Billboard

:wow:  :wow:  

MAN WHAT!!! :x :wow: :smokin

All I Ask has been on repeat for the past 2 days. Bruno Mars & Adele collaborating on a song was bound to be amazing :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

The more I listen I keep finding new tracks I like: All I Ask being my favorite by far right now. It hits me right in the heart, reminds me of a situation I'm just making it past with someone that kinda felt this way.

& 2.3 million sales in 3 days is mind-blowing, ****! But hey I can't knock that at all, congratulations Adele

Back
Top Bottom