Adidas Adipure Barefoot Trainer

092011_adidas_adipure_trainer_1.jpg

http://www.eastbay.com/pr...CH%3A%20KEYWORD%20SEARCH

Thoughts on this?

I want to use this for my Insanity workout. Been using my NB crosstrainers, but wouldn't mind check it out.

i've been pretty interested in these too, i'm just not sure how great they'll fit with just those strands on feet. i have the vibrams and they feel real nice to train in

Would anyone know the sizing on these? I am a 9.5 in Nikes and I am not sure what size I would need?

im probably going to get a pair of these. i love my vibram shoes, but they don't have enough cushion to wear regularly as a gym shoe.

@mt3130, have you tried the Komodosport? those are the most cushioned vibrams.
The ortholite insole(3mm) might give the adidas the most cushioned barefoot shoe without sacrificing the feel but I'm really worried about the lockdown with draw strings or any straps.

mastergrim- exactly why i'm not too sure about grabbing these.... the lockdown just seems fishy to me

we'll find out how fitment is when I get them later this month. If it doesn't work well I'll be returning them.

I picked up a pair on Friday. Haven't used them yet (other than walking around the house). I've been using Nike Frees for the last 5 years so hoping the transition won't be too different.
30hovt4.jpg

Originally Posted by mastergrim8

How's the fit on these for those who bought theirs? TTS? 0.5 down? 1.0 down?
I'm a 9.5 in Nikes and found that a 9.5 in the adidas was a good fit; but if you can, I would try them on first. 

I've tried these on as well. I went 0.5 down to get that lockdown feel. I feel it is waaaaaay to stiff compared to the vibrams.

Works for me! I got them and love em for working out! Fits better than anything so far and no slippage at all! Also feel like picking up a 2nd pair for the heck of it! True to size fo rme also!

i've worked out in them a couple times: some light running, lifting, and plyo. i don't get much/any slippage except for side to side shuffles after ive been in them for a few hours because of the sweat. they are true to size in terms of the smallest size you can go; ergo don't go with your balling shoe size, but your converse/dress shoe size. i have flat+wide feet but they do just fine for me. i really enjoy running on the balls of my feet with them and i like plyo with them as well, it feels like a better workout with my toes than w sneakers. i also wear them a bunch around casually and they are as comfortable as anything.

Loved them but had to return. I have a fairly flat foot-the left fit fine, while the right was giving me a blister where the sole wraps up near the ball of your foot. It was clear that it was something I couldn't break in.

I really wanted to support adidas in this too. I loved the barefoot idea with a bit more midsole than the vibrams. I would highly recommend-with caution-if you can make sure they will fit your fee perfectly.

I was excited that Adidas was offering another "barefoot trainer" option. I recently purchased a pair and went with a half size smaller than my regular shoe size to get a snugger fit. When I got home and tried them on again I decided the fit just wasn't for me. I've got a narrower foot so the upper just didn't hug my feet like I would prefer so I returned them. I actually decided to purchase another pair of Vibram Bikila LS. They have the lacing system that you can adjust to your foot perfectly and just feel more locked down.

I would recommend these only if you have the perfect foot shape, but I doubt most people have. I'm thinking these will flop unless they go back to the drawing board to fine tune them.

Back
Top Bottom