Adidas x Fear Of God Athletics

fear-of-god-jerry-lorenzo-adidas-1.jpg

This is a role that is unprecedented in its very nature and nuanced attribution that it defies all titles and traditional definitions. This is a fearless move where shared vision and conviction are at the heart of the accretion of two brands shaping sports and culture, with the purpose to truly multiply our nuanced strengths to revolutionize the performance basketball industry forever.”

“adidas and Fear of God share the same dream for the future of basketball, on and beyond the court, and we look forward to changing the face of the industry through a new model that will unfold before us in the coming years. - Fear of God’s Jerry Lorenzo

Was just saying this, been a huge fan of Jerry and what hes done with FoG. Worked high end retail and have myself a bunch of mainline FoG gear, tons of Essentials stuff etc.

That being said, cats thinking Jerry has more pull than he actually does. I hope he does some good things for the brand though.

Pretty stoked to see what Adidas can push out from Jerry. There is definitely help needed under the basketball umbrella.

honestly I would rather have acronym work with adidas than jerry lorenzo. this guy only appeals to fucccccccbois.

Wdym? Aside from the pieces that are
Branded with giant “ESSENTIALS” branding, a lot of his stuff is pretty subtle and wearable (including a lot of the Essentials line, ironically).

Kinda ironic cause the FOG 1 is a CLEAR cut rip off of the Yeezy 750. Now he can rip off Ye's designs while working with Ye. Lets goooooo.

Wdym? Aside from the pieces that are
Branded with giant “ESSENTIALS” branding, a lot of his stuff is pretty subtle and wearable (including a lot of the Essentials line, ironically).

funny thing about the big essentials branding is that i see those pieces (mainly hoodies) being worn by so many "casuals" that prob don't know much about jerry or FOG stuff lol

fear-of-god-adidas.jpg

Today, we are officially announcing our long-term partnership with Fear of God, led by owner and founder Jerry Lorenzo. With this groundbreaking partnership, Lorenzo will drive the creative and business strategy for adidas basketball globally. The alliance challenges and exists beyond traditional collaboration –– and is the truest and most honest form of both personal and business relationship. The partnership will also solidify the establishment and formation of the third pillar of the Fear of God house, Fear of God Athletics. The new pillar will focus on performance basketball and active lifestyle products that complete Fear of God’s triune nature and compliments the brand's other two pillars, Essentials and Fear of God’s luxury mainline.

“The global impact that Jerry Lorenzo and Fear of God has had on culture and the industry is undeniable. Jerry is a creative visionary and embodies a true expression of the entrepreneurial spirit today.” says Brian Grevy, adidas Executive Board Member responsible for Global Brands. “Jerry’s authentic connection to sport, deep understanding of the footwear industry and past, and ability to reinterpret heritage and visualize the future excites us. We look forward to working with him to inspire the next generation of basketball creatives, athletes and communities.”

Jerry Lorenzo is synonymous with Los Angeles, where the game of basketball intersects with the culture that surrounds it. We have always been committed to bringing together people, ideas, and movements. Together the partnership will celebrate collaboration, creativity, and legacy in sport.

Kinda ironic cause the FOG 1 is a CLEAR cut rip off of the Yeezy 750. Now he can rip off Ye's designs while working with Ye. Lets goooooo.

i believe I read an article or maybe the discussion was here on NT of how Jerry was the one behind the 750

i believe I read an article or maybe the discussion was here on NT of how Jerry was the one behind the 750

Yeah I've heard that too, but it's more like a baseless rumor. Ye and him were hanging out at the time of it's creation but I would never in a million years assume he designed it and Ye and Adidas forgot to give him credit. lol

Sounds like a good plan but I just don’t know if I’m feeling it? Jerry has lost the luster a bit. Also feels like sloppy seconds getting the adidas deal now. I Just don’t know realistically what he will bring to the table other than some clean apparel pieces. I hope for the best but just seems 2-3 years late, and adidas jumping on a dude because he had success at Nike. Things get a bit different when you don’t have the swoosh to throw on stuff. Having Jason Mayden as a creative lead is a plus!

funny thing about the big essentials branding is that i see those pieces (mainly hoodies) being worn by so many "casuals" that prob don't know much about jerry or FOG stuff lol

What minda statement is this. Funny thing isnt there isnt much to know about Jerry, he does FoG. What else is there to know? :lol: Do you own FoG stuff? Does it make you more worthy of getting Essentials than the next dude? I dont get it.

All my FOG1’s are ds. Hopefully this partnership results in something else I hold in just as high a regard.

#NoClownIshPlease

I wonder if Jerry joining Adidas is similar to why Ye left Nike for Adidas.. hugely successful sneaker collab with Nike, as a result wants to move up to a creative director type of role, gets denied, takes talents to Three-Stripes where given more control.

Sorry......FOG just doesn’t do it much for me anymore. If they would have said OFF White or something like that maybe they would have something.

Anyone known what slides these are? Never seen them on the Adidas website this year and I’ve gotten like 8 pairs of slides from there. Probably glossed over them though. TIA

Back
Top Bottom